Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'm incredibly excited to appease both of the extreme ends of my anime tastes, cute idols (Cinderella Girls) and manly men (Jojo) this season. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

KittyEmpress posted:

All of you people who haven't watched Durarara need to go do so right now. The first few episodes are a little weird, but a big point of the story is the tangle of relationships and happenstance that makes it so no central person is advancing everything - it does the whole 'no main character' thing better than basically any other show. And when it does get to have action scenes, they're really cool.

Also Shizuo is the best.

Shizuo going apeshit will never get old. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

First key visual for Digimon Adventure Tri.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Waffleman_ posted:

That sure is the Tsuritama guy doing the designs.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

For the 12 year old in us all. :swoon:

I do wonder if the fact that the new 02 members aren't present in the key visual means that 02 is getting retconned or quietly ignored even though the title implies the number 3. Either that or they'll be present on the next set of key visuals.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Wark Say posted:

Shizuo going apeshit will never get old. :allears:

"It was over something stupid, but I just snapped... and tried to hit him with a fridge."

Shizuo's backstory episode is probably in the top three of episodes, it's so hilarious.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Edward IV posted:

For the 12 year old in us all. :swoon:

I do wonder if the fact that the new 02 members aren't present in the key visual means that 02 is getting retconned or quietly ignored even though the title implies the number 3. Either that or they'll be present on the next set of key visuals.

It apparently takes place before 02.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

bubblegumbo0 posted:

History of Anime

Not too long and suprising well made.

I learned that there have been "anime related crimes". I don't know what they are, but they sure are.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Rexides posted:

I learned that there have been "anime related crimes". I don't know what they are, but they sure are.

posting

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rexides posted:

jonjonaug

(Real answer is probably creepy anime sex crimes)

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rexides posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Miyazaki

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Still waiting for that Chihayafuru announcement... any day now...

I was really into the Assassination Classroom manga for a while, so pretty hyped to see what comes of the anime. It could be visually amazing if Koro-sensei gets his due. But I am sort of worried about what he'll sound like etc. Fingers especially crossed.

Aldnoah Zero's ending was so bananas, I want to see where they go with it. I have faith there'll be some crazy curve balls, which was most of the appeal of the first season.

And for some reason I've only just started watching Stardust Crusaders, and so far it is the most pure work of art I have ever experienced and am glad there will be more when I've finished season 1.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't mean to blow your mind but Stardust Crusaders is season 2, January's show is basically season 3. There's more JoJo's to be seen

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hocus Pocus posted:

I was really into the Assassination Classroom manga for a while, so pretty hyped to see what comes of the anime. It could be visually amazing if Koro-sensei gets his due. But I am sort of worried about what he'll sound like etc. Fingers especially crossed.

They'll likely use the VA they used for J-Stars Victory Versus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGNndeF-rYk

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

They'll likely use the VA they used for J-Stars Victory Versus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGNndeF-rYk

That super campy laugh is pretty good

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I don't mean to blow your mind but Stardust Crusaders is season 2, January's show is basically season 3. There's more JoJo's to be seen
Here's to Diamond is Unbreakable for a 2016/17 release!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Hocus Pocus posted:

Better triple cross, because the OVA was subpar. It was a year ago though, but I wouldn't bet money on the AssClass anime to be value-added over the manga.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

Better triple cross, because the OVA was subpar. It was a year ago though, but I wouldn't bet money on the AssClass anime to be value-added over the manga.

And the director for the tv series is not exactly the best director out there. He has done a lot of iffy stuff. I imagine it will be watchable at minimum but it's a crapshoot in regards to anything beyond that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Srice posted:

And the director for the tv series is not exactly the best director out there. He has done a lot of iffy stuff. I imagine it will be watchable at minimum but it's a crapshoot in regards to anything beyond that.

He's usually okay when not trying to cram 26 episodes of story into 12 . Which is 90% of his stuff, I'll admit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Where is the dude with the Pepsi logo for an avatar who makes the Best of the Year thread. It's time to start voting

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Where is the dude with the Pepsi logo for an avatar who makes the Best of the Year thread. It's time to start voting

Er, it's not due for another week or so. Gotta let fall shows finish up first.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darkgray posted:

Er, it's not due for another week or so. Gotta let fall shows finish up first.

Thank you. Sorry for my impatience.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Waffleman_ posted:

This is the first time I've heard of it and I want it to be something good

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

That Pepsi Logo Design Brief is still one of the funniest documents I've ever read.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They called the sixth Digimon... Digimon Tri?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

They called the sixth Digimon... Digimon Tri?

Well, it's the third series with the Digimon Adventure characters. So it's the third Digimon Adventure.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

muike posted:

This is the first time I've heard of it and I want it to be something good
it won't be as good as digimon tamers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

That Pepsi Logo Design Brief is still one of the funniest documents I've ever read.

idk what you meant but I googled and found this http://www.goldennumber.net/wp-content/uploads/pepsi-arnell-021109.pdf which reads like the timecube guy designing a Pepsi logo. Is this real

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014

idk what you meant but I googled and found this http://www.goldennumber.net/wp-content/uploads/pepsi-arnell-021109.pdf which reads like the timecube guy designing a Pepsi logo. Is this real

freemasons at it again

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

SyntheticPolygon posted:

How does that work since during 02 I believe Taichi/Tai was in junior high school and the 02 members were in their last years in grade school hence the latter's lack of school uniforms. Everything I've heard about Tri and the new key visual indicates that the older members are in high school and the younger members in junior high school so Tri can't be a prequel without some time travel shenanigans.

Also, I just noticed that the new seasons of Digimon are still getting licensed and it's dubbed by almost the same cast as the previous seasons. Even if it's for the sake of nostalgia, if they bring back most of the original cast for Tri's dub... :swoon:

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Yeah, that's the one. I still don't know if it was for real or an elaborate hoax, but Pepsi supposedly paid around a million dollars for it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Edward IV posted:

How does that work since during 02 I believe Taichi/Tai was in junior high school and the 02 members were in their last years in grade school hence the latter's lack of school uniforms. Everything I've heard about Tri and the new key visual indicates that the older members are in high school and the younger members in junior high school so Tri can't be a prequel without some time travel shenanigans.

Also, I just noticed that the new seasons of Digimon are still getting licensed and it's dubbed by almost the same cast as the previous seasons. Even if it's for the sake of nostalgia, if they bring back most of the original cast for Tri's dub... :swoon:

It happens after the end of 02 but before it's epilogue.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Daisuke, Ken, Miyako, and Iori: We have to go now. Our planet needs us.

NOTE: The 02 cast died on the way back to their homeplanet.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Gotcha.

The way that was worded made it sound like Tri was going to be the prequel to 02. I still wouldn't mind a retcon of 02, though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Really? I swear I heard it was set a year after adventure, while 02 was set years later or something. But that was right after it was announced so it could've just been a theory said to be fact. Looks like Mimi is back in Japan though so maybe they did retcon 02.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Really? I swear I heard it was set a year after adventure, while 02 was set years later or something. But that was right after it was announced so it could've just been a theory said to be fact. Looks like Mimi is back in Japan though so maybe they did retcon 02.

Can't be after Adventure since Tai's confirmed to be 17 on Tri (he was 14 during 02)

Anyways, this is the staff revealed so far for Tri

The character designer is Atsuya Uki, who directed Cencoroll and did designs for Tsuritama

Series composition is Yuko Kakihara, who did the same for Chihayafuru 2, Heaven's Lost Property and it's sequels, and the Stich anime

The series director is Keitarou Motonaga, who directed Ah My Buddha, Akane Iro ni Somaru Saku, Date a Live, Getbackers, Katanagatari, and tons of other stuff.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Good.

Edit: ah crap, should have read the posts after that one.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

Yeah, that's the one. I still don't know if it was for real or an elaborate hoax, but Pepsi supposedly paid around a million dollars for it.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

So did the new Gundam end up being good or not? There was some mixed opinions when I was watching, I've been busy with other series but I might pick it up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Demicol posted:

So did the new Gundam end up being good or not? There was some mixed opinions when I was watching, I've been busy with other series but I might pick it up again.

While it has been sliding into more of a traditional Gundam story than I'd like, I've been greatly enjoying it each week.

• Locked thread