Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

for context: these dorks pride themselves on their "anarchist" society, and, well, the results speak for themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

https://noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Hacker_Aquarium&action=history

not as amusing as the banned people page tbh

also doesn't include the guy throwing homophobia accusations at everybody who didn't want an aquarium, unlike the mailing list

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's almost as if every time kids who think they're geniuses throw out all the rules and start from scratch, they end up reinventing all the same rules that already existed because those rules were created for a drat good reason

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

jony ive aces posted:

wait according to wikipedia, the free encyclopedia anyone can edit, that's pretty much what c-base in berlin is

why is europe so much better at this poo poo. ugh

i gotta learn my german again

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

waxing cats :pwn:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

food hack: blot your frozen pizza with a paper towel to remove excess grease

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i found an old heavy instamatic at my parents house and was sad to learn that its pretty freakin useless. can't get the film OR flash bulbs i think

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

re:religious radio I am very sad that harold camping went off the air after the 2011 doomsday prediction failed instead of postponing it again. whenever I lacked entertainment I could always turn to him

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

pram posted:

hes dead

omg :smith:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Mido posted:

an old man covers his eyes with a sleep mask which he has put some RGB leds into so that they slowly phase between colors, the man is adamant that this greatly changes how your brain waves work when you sleep (here's a hint: it doesn't). despite his banal invention he had a small cabal of interested, furrow browed groupies, trying it on and nodding enthusiastically when the man explained his notions.

lmfao did you accidentally meet mitch altman

:pcgaming:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

when i was a kid i was really into lucid dreaming and i wanted one of those REM-detecting blinky sleep masks so badly, but they cost like 300 bucks. years later i see mitch altman's kickstarter for purportedly the same thing and i bite, because i have yet to learn that kickstarters are universally bullshit

long story short it was a year late for such laffable reasons as "I didn't realize I'd need FCC testing for this consumer electronics product" and "chinese new year" and it was super uncomfortable and lacked any of the fancy REM detection that these devices had 20 years prior and also i apparently rip it off in my sleep anyway. it's under the bed being chewed on by my cat now.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

tbf the tv-b-gone is an actual good idea

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Altman was one of the pioneers of Virtual Reality, working with Jaron Lanier at VPL Research, and it was during his research in this field that he started to believe in the hypnotic power of television programs.

welp that explains a lot

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i looked it up btw and "noisetor" is just some tor nodes set up at noisebridge which they beg for donations for, lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I don't think the baggy pants guy's tsa story is worthy of mockery, he wasn't there sovereign citizening it up it looks like the real deal

obviously he pants are another story

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

indeed.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i just saw the cookie cutter startup. noisebridge is still dumb but that's a cool idea (as long as the 3d printed cookie cutter doesn't crumble after one use like most 3d printed poo poo)

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i should have asked for a techshop class for xmas. poo poo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

this is the STUPIDEST MOTHERFUCKING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD and I am done looking at hackerspaces forever and am just going to build my own shop a trailer. Jesus Christ.

they target idiots trying to make their kickstarter prototypes for huge bucks so it'll all be worth it

you don't have to be a member to take a class, right?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i should really go see if our hackerspace is terrible or not. my shithole apartment has no room to work on anything and i can't afford any good tools right now

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol, as if techshop gives a poo poo about helping anybody. they're not a hackerspace, they're a business

hackpittsburgh has just a $30/month membership fee + 3 hours of volunteer work. that seems reasonable

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

A Yolo Wizard posted:

its a pretty neat idea actually, especially if they got some super simple interface for people to generate them (since its just a 2d shape extruded out an inch or two, right?)

it's an alright interface http://www.cookiecaster.com/

really what's not to like about a custom cookie cutter

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

surprisingly few dicks in the gallery

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

well the cookie caster is just a website that lets you draw a thing and gives you the 3d printer file for it

then you take it to shapeways, where they will print whatever file you send them

so is it technically illegal?? idfk

they could easily dmca that logo from the gallery but that's probably about it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yeah but it's user content that they're hosting. they'll send a dmca notice and it'll get yanked, that's it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

some people just want a cookie cutter.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my new Posting Persona is "guy who defends the 3d printed cookie cutter."

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

3d printers save lives http://makezine.com/magazine/hands-on-health-care/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube