Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i want to noise bridge twice

it was dumb and i felt like i was in a homeless shelter

:) thats my story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

koolaid man fallin on hard times

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

atomicthumbs posted:

i'm now seriously considering selling cheap, obsolete, and/or half-broken electronics to noisebridge at a volume discount if they can pick stuff up in san rafael

god help me

sell em at HSC in Santa Clara instead

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

hacker spaces are a waste of time

the overhead involved in letting any old idiot use your gear basically means you can't have any of the good things that "hacking" really requires in 2014, no fancy logic analyzers, no fancy board heaters

you are geared to cut holes in acrylic and maybe CNC a cut, solder some dead bug circuits and pray someone doesn't harvest what few decent components you have lying around

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Well maybe you should have thought about these things before you pinned me down on a table and began unzipping my pants without any permission at all, refusing to stop even after I froze in fear asking what the gently caress you were doing. You seemed to be high on cocaine or something, which initially allowed me to excuse the behavior. It wasn't until other people made me realize this wasn't just a one off incident that I decided to report what had happened. I recall you making creepy sexual comments about others way before this incident too, so looking back now I don't find what happened surprising and I probably could have prevented being violated.

:stare:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Raluek posted:

iawtp. i think they have /a/ logic analyzer there (but idk how decent it is or if they even have the fancy leads for it or anything) but aside from that i think i have a better lab setup in my bedroom, lol

yeah if I had a fancier iron and a nice board heater w/ heat gun I would be set

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

power botton posted:

i just looked up what an asr-33 is and lol

stall man??? is that you??

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you can learn a lot about woodworking by making your own wagon wheels, but nobody is gonna choose that for a project

nah film owns

if you shoot bigger than 35mm (like medium or large format) you enter baller status and it's a realm that digital doesn't really try to compete in unless you are dropping insane dollars

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

medium or large format is dope and worth it.

lol who the gently caress is going to piss around with 35 in 2014

gently caress you jonny!!

- mido, holding his nikon fm

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

I'm thinking of getting a Pentax 67 some time in the next year or two :allears:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

bitcoin bastard posted:

buncha tweakers spergin about darkrooms itt

tweakin for film :swoon:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

lmao what a piece of poo poo

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

the dork room is currently full of meth users :shrug:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Mido posted:

i want to noise bridge twice

it was dumb and i felt like i was in a homeless shelter

:) thats my story

please expand on this story

okay im trying to remember much about it

we got there late like 9pm or something, my weird friend at the time was like "ayy lets check out this hacker space thing called noise bridges ITS REAL COOL". we come in and it's in an "eh" part of town for SF, we hop in the freight elevator and up we go. lots of peeling paint and project-esque low grade building antiquities. you walk into the space and at a glance it's pretty cool, there's couches and bins of random poo poo you can pull from to work on your dumb arduino fart detector, there's a doorway to an area with some work benchy tool things, a modest kitchen, hard wood floors and lots of peoples goofy little projects dangling all around the space, a crappy desk with some pcb-working stuff (poo poo rear end old logic analyzer, cutting mats, solder, irons, etc).

a man types furiously on the couch, sighing and pulling in harsh breaths on occasion, fake chortling to himself as he scans over some condescending battle he is fighting on the internet. an old man covers his eyes with a sleep mask which he has put some RGB leds into so that they slowly phase between colors, the man is adamant that this greatly changes how your brain waves work when you sleep (here's a hint: it doesn't). despite his banal invention he had a small cabal of interested, furrow browed groupies, trying it on and nodding enthusiastically when the man explained his notions.

we pulled apart a 12x80 led sign that we brought along with us as part of our mission to make it do something besides turn on and sit quietly. no model numbers on any pcbs lead us anywhere on the internet. it has a zilog z80 on it and two rj11 ports. the logic analyzer is busted and there's not a lot you can do at this point without a proper scope, a salae analyzer, some tools to dump the rom of the z80 and skim through the relatively simple assembly, we had no modem with us and the space had none either. our effort to be elite hackers was a wash.

everyone i talked to was stressed the gently caress out about something going on RIGHT NOW, or pestered me a little about my presence. "do you have a sponsor? who did you come here with?"

it was dumb

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

As a Millennial I posted:

lmfao did you accidentally meet mitch altman

:pcgaming:

doesn't look too unlike the guy that i saw :v: infact after googling it i'm pretty fuckin sure it's the same guy yep

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

Not me. i've got a shovel and a few hours

are we building a mud hut?? ?:)

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

cool cool I like mud huts :) *digs vigilantly*

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

what is happening idgi

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Raluek posted:

thankfully no. said friend brought mido (the guy with the >20mpg car) and i (the EE nerd) to try to figure out how to operate his led sign thing

it's me i'm the weird friend

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

PCjr sidecar posted:

the only accept acceptable ways to reheat pizza is broiler oven or toaster oven. if you are in the wilderness or something I guess you can use cast iron pan over a burner

the last option is the only correct one

the heat dries out the crust again and also recooks the upper layers through the cheese, this will take the reheated za from "alright" to "nice!!"

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Protip given to me from accomplished EEs:

keep a friend around when working around any power supplies that can readily kill you, especially DC because unlike AC; DC can make your muscles involuntarily grip tighter and leave you unable to disengage

AC shocks you but doesn't paralyze your body during the experience, you are given the opportunity to jump back

GENERALLY SPEAKING

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

two great tastes

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i am no anarchist but i must say that anarchy is a big blob of varied philosophies and seeing the noise bridge flavor of anarchy isn't necessarily a good view of it as a whole

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Nintendo Kid posted:

all forms of anarchism can only exist in their desired form if everyone agrees though.

this is the problem with libertarians as well

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

my kinda people

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

im the insecure projections of lovely nerds on the internet

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

lol yosposter struggles with the idea that maybe people who benefit from something might also be against it

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

maniacdevnull posted:

why hasnt anyone bought her an account?

we are all techie scum

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

look out it's Tedious Conversation Stymie

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

jony ive aces posted:

also to kill all techie scum

i think it has to do with the rate of change

its one thing to be a transplant when there is an average churn, it's another when the rate of incoming wealth and the culture of the people is rushing in like a firehose

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

:thumbsup:

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

this is me to a T

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Deacon of Delicious posted:

you see, opinions are like pineapples

COWABUNGAAAAAAAA

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

oh christ

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

maniacdevnull posted:

first they came for the soldering irons

to poop on

and i said nothing for i had not attended the workshop on how to solder

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Sweevo posted:

and i said nothing for i was too busy ripping copper wire out of the walls to sell for meth money

and i said and did nothing for that would be initiating force which is violence and i dont want to be a fascist

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

i like markdown

i would like wikis to just be markdown

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

markdown is hot garbage

i can read markdown in a sane and reasonable manner in plaintext so it gets a pass from me, 99% of documentation i need to write just needs a basic way to do titles and include images and do bullet point lists or numbered lists sanely

ban petition
-----

please go gently caress urself `op`

reasons u should go back to byob:

* your posts
* text me

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

bobbilljim posted:

still accidentally flashed myself with the mig though lmao

lol i flashed myself doing TIG once

sucks extra bc you are leaned way in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

A SELECTION OF EMAILS RECEIVED BY THE YOSPOS HACKERSPACE LIST

sleepdepcat@yahoo.com - [YOSBridge-Discuss] WELCOME TO YOSBRIDGE, A COMMUNAL HACKERSPACE
ntwn@feeid.net - [YOSBridge-Discuss] this space is misnamed
rotor@palm.info - RE: [YOSBridge-Discuss] this space is misnamed
jhny219@busliving.co.uk - [YOSBridge-Discuss] what about YHSPOS (was: this space is misnamed)
pnut_n_leo@sniep.junk - [YOSBridge-Discuss] is it kombucha in the mason jars [pics] [56k no]
FCKGW@RHQQ2.com - [YOSBridge-Discuss] lack of consensus around space name
jhny219@busliving.co.uk - [YOSBridge-Discuss] asked gom to leave, will not (12 year old, redhead)
fish@mech.com - Re: [YOSBridge-Discuss] shut up about the name you retards
old_postman@hotmail.com - [YOSBridge-Discuss] [YHSPOS-Discuss] official pette
jhny219@busliving.co.uk - [YOSBridge-Discuss] can whoever is pissing in the sink please stop
t0ri@aol.com - [YOSBridge-Discuss] [YHSPOS-Discuss] visiting from the philly hackerspace
jhny219@busliving.co.uk - [YOSBridge-Discuss] seriously stop pissing in the sink
brunhilde@catte.org - [YOSBridge-Discuss] asked rotor to leave (70-yr-old palm hacker)
jhny219@busliving.co.uk - [YOSBridge-Discuss] i have removed the sink
moose@rufo.info - [YOSBridge-Discuss] [YHSPOS-Discuss] cops called to space
pisssnake@gmail.com - [YOSBridge-Discuss] i have restored the sink
bsdgrrrl@uu.net - Re: [YOSBridge-Discuss] [YHSPOS-Discuss] asked fishmech to leave
osi@beanrecipes.info - [YOSBridge-Discuss] i just spent 3 hours fixing a leak because you keep loving with the space where the sink was
sere@witty.joke - [YOSBridge-Discuss] dont talk to cops (was: cops called to space)
fish@mech.com - [YOSBridge-Discuss] talk to me
ntwn@feeid.net - [YOSBridge-Discuss] [YHSPOS-Discuss] why does my rfid key not open the door any more
moose@rufo.info - [YOSBridge-Discuss] killhamster, your coin miners made us fail our electrical inspection
k_hamster@lj.com - [YOSBridge-Discuss] [YHSPOS-Discuss] fygm
moose@rufo.info - [YOSBridge-Discuss] asked killhamster to leave (dreadlocks, buttcoin tee)
k_hamster@lj.com - [YOSBridge-Discuss] asked rufo to leave (girl with the corgi)
jhny219@busliving.co.uk - Re: [YOSBridge-Discuss] anti-fluoride posters in bathroom
lum@chrom.au - [YOSBridge-Discuss] [YHSPOS-Discuss] found johnny sleeping in crawl space
jhny219@busliving.co.uk - [YOSBridge-Discuss] [YHSPOS-Discuss] where does it say sleeping isnt allowed
lum@chrom.au - [YOSBridge-Discuss] [YHSPOS-Discuss] in the loving lease
jhny219@busliving.co.uk - [YOSBridge-Discuss] [YHSPOS-Discuss] oh
sleepdepcat@yahoo.com - [YOSBridge-Discuss] shutting down the space
bsdgrrrl@uu.net - [YOSBridge-Discuss] rip YHSPOS, 20141201-20141202
sere@witty.joke - [YOSBridge-Discuss] its YOSBridge you piece of poo poo

you forgot me :(

mido@whitenoi.se - [YOSBridge-Discuss] white noise yhpos memes thread

• Locked thread