Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I enjoy the irony of the fact that most "anarchist" collectives end up having more meetings and administrative discussion than any government would over that few people beings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there's this group of younger dudes I see around downtown who have way more electronics than normal homeless people [and they frequently leave trash from their "projects" lying around] I bet it's some of these guys

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I've never understood how disc film was designed for economy but they had to cut big circles of material to make it

my family had a disc camera, it might have been that one

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pram posted:

weev is a fuckin dwarf. lil manlet

is that his problem, short man syndrome?

dude's got to have some reason why he's such a poo poo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pizza... delivery?

that kid just might be onto something

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

If I could order like 1/3 of a patxi's I'd do it

if he's thinking about super awesome artisanal bespoke thin crust that doesn't last long enough for delivery anyway

gently caress now I want to go to zero zero

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

paxti's makes deep dish but I don't ever have the need for an entire deep dish pizza casserole

zero zero is a good fancy pizza place in san francisco

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

all creative endeavors have a terrible person-who-actually-does-stuff to gadfly/remora ratio

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

As a Millennial I posted:

it's an alright interface http://www.cookiecaster.com/

really what's not to like about a custom cookie cutter

I'm sure louis vuitton's legal department would love to know about this

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I did "bithc" on the trophy I got made I think

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I will happily die in the apocalypse, I have basically no pre-industrial skills

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

c) a viable business model

um: "be excellent to each other" should suffice tyvm

but maybe they could consider adding "stop being so cracky that it scares away everyone with a job"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Should just made one of those pvc talkin tubes you can shout into and someone will hear on the other end.

they had one but the pvc was stolen to make bongs out of

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

australian money already is kind of 3d

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Main Paineframe posted:

don't printers have a chip in them that detects when you're trying to print money and refuses to do so, or something

depends on the printer, most high end stuff does but your average inkjet probably doesn't

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

in my experience most anrachists are white dudes who are either trying to reject their privilege or got mad that there are other more privileged white dudes and hate them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

people who have lived here fewer than 10 years getting mad about gentrification in the mission is pretty funny

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"die techie scum" -someone who has never not had a cell phone and computer their whole adult life

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my point is that I suspect like a lot of the people "fighting" gentrification she's a gentrifier too and she's just mad the neighborhood didn't get encased in amber once she moved there

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

quote:

The simple fact is everyone on this list is very obviously not capable of treating each other with an equal measure of respect.
it's like they're almost starting to get it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I saw some dudes chopping stolen bikes on market street on sunday, I bet I know where they got their tools

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

1970s: it's not a real party until someone gets pregnant
2010s: it's not a real party until someone shits in an inappropriate area

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

OSI bean dip posted:

also they renewed their lease

you can barely get an apartment in the mission for that much now, I assume the building owner is getting a tax break or something

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ayn rand hand job posted:

so they managed to go from providing a good networking event, getting some money to reimburse them for use of the space, to doocratically getting nothing while a place a mile down the road gers the benefits

and the presenters get a place guaranteed not to be covered in human waste

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sniep posted:

maybe someone should disrupt the street making GBS threads with a new service called Poo.pr where you pay a monthly fee for access to a network of toilets guaranteed within 1000 feet of each other spanning the bay area

this literally exists in NY can't remember the name right now though

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

seriously though where that fell isn't exactly a hotspot for street pissing, I'm imagining they're just trying to deflect blame from selling too big of a banner for it since we've had 30+ mph wind gusts lately

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

found it: http://looie.co/#main

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there are successful anarchist communities but for reasons completely unknown to modern science they tend to exist in filthy statist countries like Denmark and the Netherlands

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they didn't have this out the last time I was as the moma, I was a little disappointed

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

good art can be funny, the worst art is art that's dumb and silly but people take it really seriously like yoko ono

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jabor posted:

What are the odds that this place doesn't meet fire code?

(100%, of course. The real question should be "is anything ever going to happen about it")

they don't have fires in london*, it's too grey and rainy

*with one notable exception

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sweevo posted:

yeah i ran my own web server once.

i think it lasted about 2 days before it got hacked

there was this company in the late '90s that was selling cube shaped home web servers and I can't remember the name of it

e: the cobalt qube

• Locked thread