Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

now find the one where someone threw out the special CRT that goes with their SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPE (from 1975) because crts give you cancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

the european hackerspaces generally seem a lot cooler and everyone works together way better. eg there's that one in denmark or norway that built a submarine

wasn't there a GBS thread from one of the guys who was building it? why does all that poo poo work in europe and not america. i want to go to the club from hackers.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

As a Millennial I posted:

lmfao did you accidentally meet mitch altman

:pcgaming:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Buzzers are probably low voltage though right. (how do you gently caress up a wireless buzzer)

quick check says that most buzzers are 10V, doorbells are 16V. i have a wireless doorbell that takes a 9V battery so ymmv

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

someone poo poo on the SSRIs and now I have dysentery

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

naturally they named the central control computer Chibi, since you want a tiny weird anime blob running everything

maybe it's someone's fetish to poo poo on an anime you don't know

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

also, someone poo poo in the 3D printer and now it's just printing 💩 over and over

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

evilweasel posted:

since they operate on consensus they'd view the process as being biased against somebody getting their way to do something as a feature, not a bug

any one person can indefinitely veto anything, because that is a sensible and well thought out way to run anything

well you know if you use the Liberum Veto you get 12,000 free cavalry units but you can only use it once and it kills your stability

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

also, someone poo poo on the consensus

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

also, someone poo poo on the GT-R

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

my favorite was some sort of generator where the lock out key that needed to be in the generator for it to run was the same key that opened the switchboard access panel

so in order to gently caress around in the switch board you had to kill the generator and get the key and if you wanted to start the genie you had to lock the switchboard and take the key back to the generator

I thought it was pretty clever

there was someone who died on a fair ride here recently

it had an automatic circuit cutoff if all of the seat locks weren't locked down, even if the seat was unoccupied. they just installed jumper wires in the control panel to bypass it. then it turned on before someone was locked in and they fell 75 feet and died.

• Locked thread