Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Barring a Dal@Phi tie, the 16-3 Arizona Cardinals now led by QB Ryan Lindley have have clinched a playoff spot.

Bruce Arians is going to run out of magic dust at some point but until then :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
If you can't be with the QB you love, love the one you're with.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Arians is basically Dr Frankenstein, piecing together corpses of players into a playoff run

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
its gonna own when the seahawks lose to arizona next week and don't get home field advantage for the playoffs.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shiksa posted:

its gonna own when the seahawks lose to arizona next week and don't get home field advantage for the playoffs.

That must be like one of those if Hitler won WW2 timelines I hear so much about.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I know that the Giants have the largest injured contingent, but have the Cardinals lost more important, productive starters than anyone else? Two QBs, their top RB, a punter, Dockett, Abraham, and a dumbass backup RB who got arrested for assaulting his wife and kid.

edit: God that Giants IR list is sad.

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp
Just start Peterson at QB if Lindley goes down.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
The Cardinals' current situation reminded me of the Texans team a few years back, the one that kept clawing their way through the season and playoffs, despite losing 2 or 3 QBs, and for a few games made TJ Yates look almost useable. Had to look him up on Wikipedia, apparently he's in Atlanta now, who knew.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
my team, the st louis rams, are very bad. our defense is pretty good but schottenheimer is a noob and an idiot. i was hoping this would be the year we would finally go 9-7 but, you know, Lol

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Can't spell mediocre without Jeff Fisher.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Who would even get the QB job if whats-his-name goes down.

Direct snap to RB every play?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

cucka posted:

Who would even get the QB job if whats-his-name goes down.

Direct snap to RB every play?

Logan Thomas is behind Lindley.

I wonder if they can coax Charlie Batch out of retirement.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
This is it

This will be how Tebow returns

I can feel it

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Cardinals will look for a 3rd QB but for depth, who are you going to get off the street that knows the offense?

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

Cant

Teach

Funslinging

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Somewhere in the Ocean, the JaMarcus stirs...

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Regnevelc posted:

Cardinals will look for a 3rd QB but for depth, who are you going to get off the street that knows the offense?

John Skelton

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I have hated favre for as long as I can remember, but there would be no more awesome story in the NFL than him coming out of retirement to try and win Arizona a Superbowl. even when he inevitably failed with a spectacular 7 pick performance, that story would rule

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kurt Warner is wondering how all these flowers ended up on his doorstep

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Athanatos posted:

John Skelton

Hell no, also he never learned Arians' offense. I think the only other dudes out there are Dennis Dixon and Batch

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Favre is dead, a Wootton killed him.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Gone now ;_;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM5KfdIsUQA

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This is it

This will be how Tebow returns

I can feel it

a proven playoff winner that nobody else has snapped up, what luck!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Grossman

I believe it is time to release the dragon.

Also who would have thunk Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovski would still be professional NFL caliber QBs at 12/12/14? What a world.

Wait this guy is available too and is a former Card.

On July 1, 2014, Kolb was arrested in Willacy County, Texas, for boating while intoxicated.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 12, 2014

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
This really is a corpse of a team, this list just look at it:

Gone:

Andre Ellington RB 12/08/2014 is on injured reserve IR hernia

Troy Niklas TE 11/18/2014 is on injured reserve IR ankle

Carson Palmer QB 11/10/2014 is on injured reserve IR knee

Dave Zastudil P 10/07/2014 is on injured reserve IR groin

John Abraham LB 09/19/2014 is on injured reserve IR concussion

Eddie Whitley CB 08/30/2014 is on injured reserve IR foot

Darnell Dockett DT 08/20/2014 is on injured reserve IR knee

Stupid:

Jonathan Dwyer RB 09/18/2014 is on the non-football illness list IL personal/legal/illness

Daryl Washington LB 06/11/2014 will miss the entire season Suspended disciplinary

Missed/will miss significant time:

Drew Stanton QB 12/12/2014 is doubtful for 12/21 against Seattle Doubtful knee

Larry Foote LB 12/11/2014 played Thursday against St. Louis Probable foot

Larry Fitzgerald WR 12/11/2014 played Thursday against St. Louis Probable knee

Tyrann Mathieu S 12/02/2014 is expected to miss 3-4 weeks Out thumb

Stepfan Taylor RB 11/16/2014 played Sunday against Detroit Probable calf

Calais Campbell DE 11/02/2014 played Sunday against Dallas Probable knee

Rob Housler TE 10/05/2014 played Sunday against Denver Probable hip

Lyle Sendlein C 09/21/2014 played Sunday against San Francisco Probable ankle

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Regnevelc posted:

Dennis Dixon was on the practice squad for like 3 days back in October after the Denver game when Stanton went down. I would expect to see him back

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Kurt Warner is wondering how all these flowers ended up on his doorstep

I made this two years ago and its still true

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-plight-of-the-cardinals/

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I cannot believe I forgot about this

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

58-0 came immediately after an ot 23-17 win over the bears and a bunch of articles questioning whether russ was really the qb of the future, calling him a gimmick, saying he'll never be a good passer and all kinds of garbage. then the hawks went out and did that and followed it up beating the bills 50-17 and then the niners 42-13. that whole season was magic :allears:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
The radio guys in AZ were going crazy this morning talking about Kurt Warner coming back for the playoffs. Bring back the graybeard

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

wheez the roux posted:

58-0 came immediately after an ot 23-17 win over the bears and a bunch of articles questioning whether russ was really the qb of the future, calling him a gimmick, saying he'll never be a good passer and all kinds of garbage. then the hawks went out and did that and followed it up beating the bills 50-17 and then the niners 42-13. that whole season was magic :allears:

Calling the 2012 season magic when the 2013 team had us winning the super bowl? smh

(though yeah, watching Russell Wilson become the magic Russell Wilson owned a lot, and really raised the expectations that we could win 2013)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

circle circle, dot dot?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Athanatos posted:

circle circle, dot dot?

cardinals have a QB spot

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/arizona-cardinals-drew-stanton-ryan-lindley-playoffs

quote:

Bruce Arians is a tremendous coach. Arizona is a great football team. But historically, you need to score touchdowns to win a football game and Lindley hasn’t done that. Ever.

Who needs TDs. Not us :colbert: The game managiest game manager to manage a game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I still find it hilarious that the dude spent halftime just tweeting about stuff. And then whoops, he's in the game.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I still find it hilarious that the dude spent halftime just tweeting about stuff. And then whoops, he's in the game.

The Michael Vick system

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The Tim Tebow lead Cardinals will beat Denver in the Superbowl. I have foreseen it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Tim Tebow coming back and leading the Cards to a Super Bowl would actually be kind of nice because it would be absolute proof to me that God exists and that I am his enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Please no Tebow.

Just put Logan Thomas out there and hope for the best. Lindley is probably not even a short-term answer.

• Locked thread