Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Maybe so but Luck is sort of a beautiful scheme fit for almost anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Maybe so but Luck is sort of a beautiful scheme fit for almost anything.

Yeah. Sorry, I was just daydreaming about what Arians and Ben would do with this year's offensive line + Le'Veon. Ben would have like 6000 passing yards

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Kalli posted:

I was going to put up a counterexample, but the first game I thought of was a 2012 Ryan Lindley game, so :shrug:

10/31 for 72 yards and an int in a 7-6 loss against a not particularly good defense.

I was so pissed that game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wanted Bruce Arians in San Diego so bad.

Well, I wanted Andy Reid. But then I wanted Arians.

And now we have Mike "Punt on 4th and 4 with 6 minutes left and down 9 points" McCoy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I wanted Bruce Arians in San Diego so bad.

Well, I wanted Andy Reid. But then I wanted Arians.

And now we have Mike "Punt on 4th and 4 with 6 minutes left and down 9 points" McCoy

trade you whizenhunt for mccoy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

trade you whizenhunt for mccoy

Whiz owns with a good QB so sure

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Whiz owns with a good QB so sure

He's one dumb motherfucker without one, though.

I wish he'd gone to Detroit. :(

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

E: wrong

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Here lie the Browns, they never scored, or got a first down.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Flikken posted:

Penalty first downs count, we'll never take that away from you.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Flikken posted:

I was so pumped for JFF and then within minute's, it was 17-0 and I was watching Seinfeld. gently caress the Bengals forever for robbing me of Johnny Magic

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'll post this here since the GDT isn't good for it, but the RG3 TD was not a TD because of the same reason as Kelce's fumble in Chiefs@Cardinals last week. Here's a quote from the current NFL Head of Officiating on the Kelce play:

quote:

"The ball was loose before he hit the ground, and then the question was, Did he re-gain control of it as he was rolling over? And this is treated just like a pass,” Blandino said. “So if you fumble and the ball is loose, in order to re-gain possession, you have to maintain control as you go to the ground. "

Blandino said the process of recovering a fumble needs to be completed, the same way the process of making a catch needs to be completed.
Just a half of a second of both hands being off the ball was all it took. Touchback was, according to the NFL, the correct call.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
So is the argument that the fumble started before the ball crossed the plane?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That's not really in argument, the GIF shows that pretty clearly, fair or not:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Quest For Glory II posted:

That's not really in argument, the GIF shows that pretty clearly, fair or not:

Ah, I hadn't seen a clear replay on RedZone.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pray for Ehud and Crazy

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Welp, RIP Dolphins. There were some real positives this season, chiefly that our 4th choice GM actually seems to know what's up, some younger players really stepped up, and Tannehill took a good step forward in turning the ball over less and taking fewer dumb sacks. Still the same old Dolphins though. Can't do poo poo in the 4th quarter or December.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

tarbrush posted:

Welp, RIP Dolphins. There were some real positives this season, chiefly that our 4th choice GM actually seems to know what's up, some younger players really stepped up, and Tannehill took a good step forward in turning the ball over less and taking fewer dumb sacks. Still the same old Dolphins though. Can't do poo poo in the 4th quarter or December.

Tannehill getting no favors from his receivers today.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

That Works posted:

Tannehill getting no favors from his receivers today.

That's what gets me about this team. Every game we've lost, one position group just takes it upon themselves to have an absolute mare, but it's seldom the same group. Apart from our lovely injury prone linebackers there's no bad position group on the team, but Special Teams, Tannehill, the running game, the widouts, the run D and the secondary have all taken their turns to sabotage good games by the rest of the team.

The team feels so drat close to being really loving good, but at the same time so so far away cause the problems seem to be in the whole team's heads.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

tarbrush posted:

That's what gets me about this team. Every game we've lost, one position group just takes it upon themselves to have an absolute mare, but it's seldom the same group. Apart from our lovely injury prone linebackers there's no bad position group on the team, but Special Teams, Tannehill, the running game, the widouts, the run D and the secondary have all taken their turns to sabotage good games by the rest of the team.

The team feels so drat close to being really loving good, but at the same time so so far away cause the problems seem to be in the whole team's heads.

And there goes Atkins dropping an easy one in the endzone on 3rd down. loving laffo

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

That Works posted:

And there goes Atkins dropping an easy one in the endzone on 3rd down. loving laffo

The Dolphins have a receiver called Atkins?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

tarbrush posted:

The Dolphins have a receiver called Atkins?

Thought thats what the announcer said. Who dropped that then?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

That Works posted:

Thought thats what the announcer said. Who dropped that then?

I stopped watching at 24-13.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
All I want is a Texans win in Indy sometime in my lifetime :smith:. So frustrating watching them always find a new way to win. Grats on the division!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well that was a fun second half.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

At 5-9, the Falcons still control their own destiny

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Lucky 13 :woop:

The Colts won't go far in the playoffs this year though.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

gently caress the Colts for always beating us, gently caress the Texans for being eternally lovely, and gently caress me just because.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Wanvig posted:

gently caress the Colts for always beating us, gently caress the Texans for being eternally lovely, and gently caress me just because.

gently caress 'em

but for having no AJ, a first time qb, and unbelievably lovely refs making bad calls on both teams I'll call that "not a bad loss" in the grand scheme of things

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
News: Bills Bitch

Views: Bills Bitch

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
If the Colts keep this up, they're 1 and done in the playoffs, even at home. A shell of a Texans team took them to the brink. They'll get embarrassed in Dallas next week.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Shawn Slocum has a lot to answer for

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I hope the guy who blindsided bulaga gets a hell of a fine.

E. He should a hit Slocoam instead.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
God bless the Buffalo Bills.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

THANK YOU BASED BILLS

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Go Bills :gbsmith:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Was there anything good to take away from JFF?

ffubalo bill
Jun 22, 2005

mmmmmmm, savor flavor
Grimey Drawer
How is that "best player available" policy working out for you, Rick Smith? you loving piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

God bless the Buffalo Bills.

Don't think I've ever said this before in my life but I agree.

• Locked thread