Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Yeah, this is pretty much the thing that the Packers have trouble with. Pressure with only 4 down linemen which means they drop 7 all the time, good physical secondary play (when the officials will let them get away with it) keeps the receivers under wraps and a stubborn insistence on staying with a passing game that is clearly hosed all sounds very familiar. The Lions will do the exact same thing in week 17 so, you know. This one is OK to drop, definitely not the end of the world, but it makes me wonder if the Packers can hang with the Lions/Seahawks/Cards in the playoffs because they all have badass physical defenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ahahahaha

you pissed a Packers fan off so much they bought you a new av

I know. It's pretty awesome when the act of you being right pisses someone off so much they act like a big dumb baby because of football opinions or something.

I will wear it as a badge of honor. It's not my first and it sure as hell won't be my last.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ahahahaha

I don't support it, but I won't censure it

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

that game is going to be so so painful to watch, I think

it'll involve the Ravens defense look like poo poo but weirdly have good stats, and the Ravens' offense will be unstoppable , but only in the second half

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Also that entire broadcast team from the top down should be fired. What an embarrassment.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

DriveC posted:

it landed at his feet unfortunately but self passes are cool

They are especially cool in college because half the time the QB thinks he can throw the ball again.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554386

quote:

Bills have held Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers to a combined 358 passing yards, 0 TD, 4 Int the past 2 games.

TOM BRADY HEARS FOOTSTEPS

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Petite Dinklage posted:

I don't support it, but I won't censure it

i support it because it's hilarious and redtext avis own

OSheaman posted:

Also that entire broadcast team from the top down should be fired. What an embarrassment.

how hard is it to pronounce "bulaga" or "micah" holy poo poo

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

OSheaman posted:

That was the worst part. Who the gently caress were those guys and why did FOX send the interns to call a game?

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

This only means Tom Brady will throw for 350 yards and 6 tds

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

EugeneJ posted:

He blocked Rodgers' pass back to Rodgers and Rodgers caught it - I still haven't seen a GIF of that

Aha, yeah that too. His massive grin after was the best. Bring on the raiders

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Mario Williams' game winning safety play was just incredible
His whole game was great. If only we had an offence to match.

Spork o Doom fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 14, 2014

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Aha, yeah that too. His massive grin after was the best. Bring on the raiders

Favre's first pro completion was like that. Batted by a defender and he caught it himself.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

With a win against the Falcons, Big Ben has now beaten all other 31 teams in the NFL

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Just got in from the strange shitshow/field-goal-fest that was the Panthers game.

a) I have seen Ron Rivera win a challenge, so now I've seen it all.

b) Derek Anderson doing Cam's first down celebration after his big run was the greatest.

c) That's all, really. We're still in this stupid thing, somehow.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Spork o Doom posted:

His whole games was great. If only we had an offence to match.

He was awesome today. I'll give credit where it's due.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

Retail Slave posted:

That was the worst part. Who the gently caress were those guys and why did FOX send the interns to call a game?

I mean I don't know call me crazy but maybe a dumbass former Giants lineman isn't the best guy to call color in games. And it wasn't limited to the announcing team...replays were late or didn't happen at all, montages were re-used over and over again, the director was out of sync with the guys in the booth, they covered up Bill Leavy's explanation of the game ending play and had to have Mike Pereira parachute in and re-explain it . . . that was just really bush league broadcasting from the whole team.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TheBizzness posted:

The Dolphins out gained the Patriots until the last drive of the game.

And lost by 4 TDs.

Dolphins football.
It's a perfect capstone to this season

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Odell Beckham watch - 12 catches for 143 yards and 3 TDs

7 games straight now with 6+ catches and 90+ yards

Unfortunately the dream of the Giants drafting Amari Cooper took another hit today though.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Retail Slave posted:

Favre's first pro completion was like that. Batted by a defender and he caught it himself.

They rarely result in positive yardage though.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

They are his own, as he moonwalks into a guaranteed playoff spot

Bills' offense is so frustratingly goddamn awful, but hey, sometimes you don't need it I guess

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN
Cheap Texans tickets start this week, yay!

:woop:

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

OSheaman posted:

I mean I don't know call me crazy but maybe a dumbass former Giants lineman isn't the best guy to call color in games. And it wasn't limited to the announcing team...replays were late or didn't happen at all, montages were re-used over and over again, the director was out of sync with the guys in the booth, they covered up Bill Leavy's explanation of the game ending play and had to have Mike Pereira parachute in and re-explain it . . . that was just really bush league broadcasting from the whole team.

My favorite was them lambasting Woods for not catching a ball that he had to leap 5 feet up to even tip.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

OSheaman posted:

I understand they need to have a bunch of broadcast teams and they're essentially "ranked" by the network, but with a game in which both teams are very much in the playoff hunt, why don't you send a better team to call the game? I'm not saying it had to be the National game and get the #1 team or anything, but my god. I've literally seen college games between two terrible teams nobody gives a poo poo about that had better announcers.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What happened to Colt that put Bobert back in?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
The Texans Are Not Allowed to Win in Indy y'allllll :smith:

gently caress the Colts and gently caress the refs, at least Watt had a 2 sack 2 TFL day while his competition for MVP went TD-less. :gbsmith:

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
With respect to the situation, Derek Anderson looked pretty sharp against the Bucs today. The Panthers' offensive line has looked a lot less lovely over the last couple weeks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

On the bright side, when it comes down to Steelers/Patriots in the AFCCG and Seahawks/Packers in the NFCCG, everybody's going to have to root for Touchdown Tom or 2 meteors

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Chris James 2 posted:

On the bright side, when it comes down to Steelers/Patriots in the AFCCG and Seahawks/Packers in the NFCCG, everybody's going to have to root for Touchdown Tom or 2 meteors

Meteors. Not even close.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Burger Trench posted:

Bills' offense is so frustratingly goddamn awful, but hey, sometimes you don't need it I guess

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Baltimore_Ravens_season

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

bhsman posted:

The Texans Are Not Allowed to Win in Indy y'allllll :smith:

gently caress the Colts and gently caress the refs, at least Watt had a 2 sack 2 TFL day while his competition for MVP went TD-less. :gbsmith:

Watt is the MVP but he won't get it because of positionism. Sorry Texans fans.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Plafop posted:

Watt is the MVP but he won't get it

Not after Rodgers performance

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Still on track for the #1 pick :toot:

I hope you get Mariota and dominate the South. :unsmith:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BasicFunk posted:

With respect to the situation, Derek Anderson looked pretty sharp against the Bucs today. The Panthers' offensive line has looked a lot less lovely over the last couple weeks.

yeah turns out they have a great pair of rookie guards, and remmers has been a revelation at RT.

now why they weren't playing the entire season we'll never know.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ahahahaha

The AJ Hawkatar was more embarrassing imo.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Chichevache posted:

The AJ Hawkatar was more embarrassing imo.

:agreed:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Bills beating the Packers this week was the NFL scriptwriters making up for the horrible actors they had playing refs last week.

also Bills Bitch

Superuser008
Feb 7, 2011
Well, gently caress Shawn Slocum. Far from the first game in which his abysmal coaching stands as the #1 reason why we lost. That said, I had a bad feeling about this game for weeks. So long, hopes for the #1 seed...

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
If Nate Hackett's firing isn't the first thing the Bills do when the season is over I'm gonna lose my poo poo. All of my poo poo will be officially lost. He is The Worst Offensive Coordinator and he needs to go away forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Plafop posted:

Watt is the MVP but he won't get it because of positionism. Sorry Texans fans.

If you're starting to build a team tomorrow, you choose JJ Watt? Interesting decision.

• Locked thread