Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
A fed ex guy turned up at my door today, I live in unit 11 of an apartment building and he had a package addressed to unit 15, but his instructions said to get unit 11 to sign for it.
So, I signed for it, and a few hours later a guy buzzed my door and asked for it so I gave him the package. The thing is, I did not recognise the guy at all... maybe he has not been living in unit 15 for long, but if that is the case, why did he need me to buzz him in, and why did he go from the entryway to my door, then back outside, rather already being inside and knocking on my door, or going up to unit 15 once he had the package.

What was in the package? :iiam:

What is going on?

What have I done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
sounds like you've been struck by the smoove crim-uh-nole, op

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i'll write to you in prison op

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

it'd be weird if you recognized a guy that only talks to you while you sleep

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You received a package of drugs and you shouldn't have given it back to him

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
You just signed for someones drugs.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
you a mark boy

you gonna get stuck between a fed and a hard place

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
The package was shipped to Sydney from Colorado. What sort of drugs do they make in Colorado?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
:350:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Thought this was gonna be a thread about voting Republican

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Why the gently caress did you sign for it?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

monkey posted:

The package was shipped to Sydney from Colorado. What sort of drugs do they make in Colorado?

lol

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
in what universe did any of these actions seem like a good idea?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

monkey posted:

could be guns since you outlawed them

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Rapman the Cook posted:

Why the gently caress did you sign for it?

empathy. the fed ex guy was having a hard day. also there used to be attractive girls living in 15 last time i was up there but that was years ago.

funkybottoms posted:

in what universe did any of these actions seem like a good idea?

the one where i dont give a gently caress because im chaotic neutral i suppose

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
signing for mysterious unexpected packages after 2001? wow, you are king idiot. hope you enjoy supermax.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

monkey posted:

empathy. the fed ex guy was having a hard day. also hthere used to be attractive girls living in 15 last time i was up there but that was years ago.

the one where i dont give a gently caress because im chaotic neutral i suppose

You shouldn't have done it

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

monkey posted:

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
The perfect crime, get weed posted halfway around the world to an address 4 doors from your own.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It likely had pounds of sealed shrinkwrapped marijuana in it for anyone who is seriously wondering

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Why don't you go over to your neighbor's place and ask?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Thought this was gonna be a thread about voting

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i guess ill never find out now

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

It was just a trial run. Next package you should keep.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Thought this was gonna be a thread about voting Republican

:aaa:

OP, don't ever go to prison. It's going to be a bad time considering they somehow marked you as their bitch outside of prison.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I bet the Australian word for "no-knock, pre-dawn raid" sounds deliciously whimsical and quaint to American ears.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
What country do Australian criminals get sent to?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

slomomofo posted:

Why don't you go over to your neighbor's place and ask?

The guy who collected the package probably isn't his neighbour. The person who ordered the package probably doesn't even live in the building. They were obviously tracking the package, though, because they turned up a few hours after it had been delivered.

Just out of curiosity, did you have to give the Fedex guy your name when you signed for the package, OP?

In future, don't except delivery of packages for people you don't know and be careful about accepting packages on behalf of people you do know. You haven't left yourself much plausible deniability here.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
has anyone cross referenced the TCC drug smuggling thread for the resident of Unit 15?

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
he's kind of a dick for not sharing. least he could do is break you off a quarter or something

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I bet the Australian word for "no-knock, pre-dawn raid" sounds deliciously whimsical and quaint to American ears.

Ah, an Earlybarge.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

concerned mom posted:

What country do Australian criminals get sent to?

Tasmania.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Should have opened it OP. Probably contained a sexy American genie turning your Aussie life upside down

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think I would actually call the cops, I'd be terrified about being brought in on a drug trafficking charge.

Also, I know that Australia is extremely far Right, correct? If they're anything like America and Canada's Conservatives they would probably be more than happy to throw an extra guy in prison to show how tough on drug crime they are.

Go down to the station, OP.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Joust posted:

Ah, an Earlybarge.

Tee-hee! How deliciously whimsical and quaint!

neddle
May 4, 2004
"Eight hours later they brought her up by mule"!
We often have people attempting to use stolen or cloned credit cards to order goods from my place of work.
They sometimes order the goods to be delivered to the address of the card holder to make it look legitimate and then intercept the delivery.
This could be something similar. Maybe the person in 15 has had his card stolen or cloned and you have signed for something the baddies ordered with it.

Or it could just have been a big packet of drugs.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

I think I would actually call the cops, I'd be terrified about being brought in on a drug trafficking charge.

Also, I know that Australia is extremely far Right, correct? If they're anything like America and Canada's Conservatives they would probably be more than happy to throw an extra guy in prison to show how tough on drug crime they are.

Go down to the station, OP.

Yes, confess to a crime no one knows happened.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

open container posted:

Crime? What crime? He'd merely be alerting them to a suspicious incident.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Burn down the apartment building just to be sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

open container posted:

You're right, OP should get his trench and fedora and investigate, starting with Apt 15.

When he has all the pieces in place THEN he can go down to the station and lay it all out on the table, then accuse the cop of being the mastermind.

• Locked thread