Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
open container
Sep 16, 2008
gently caress da police https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Crime? What crime? He'd merely be alerting them to a suspicious incident.
lol

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
no vendor is ever going to specify a signature confirmation for the delivery of their illegal drugs.

i have no idea what the hell was mailed to you, but if it was drugs the police probably would have said hello by now

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Professor Shark posted:

Go down to the station, OP.

remember, op: snitches get stitches

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I bet the Australian word for "no-knock, pre-dawn raid" sounds deliciously whimsical and quaint to American ears.

It's "bushwack" which isn't as whimsical sounding as "bushwackers"

Lolie posted:

Just out of curiosity, did you have to give the Fedex guy your name when you signed for the package, OP?

I gave first name only, but I never use my real first name except for legal/official stuff. Honestly I am not worried, if it was some nefarious scheme, like a friend of someone who used to live here or something, then they got away with it, but more likely it's just a new person in number 15. It just seemed odd and I thought GBS might like to speculate about what was in the package, cause I'm wondering about that now too. It was very light for the size of the box, so if it was drugs it must have been acid.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

monkey posted:

It was very light for the size of the box, so if it was drugs it must have been acid.

So a class A narcotic then?

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
goodluck mr

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

yeah i'm feeling naive today

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

sounds like you've been struck by the smoove crim-uh-nole, op

shutup and drink human being.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Professor Shark posted:

I think I would actually call the cops, I'd be terrified about being brought in on a drug trafficking charge.

Also, I know that Australia is extremely far Right, correct? If they're anything like America and Canada's Conservatives they would probably be more than happy to throw an extra guy in prison to show how tough on drug crime they are.

Go down to the station, OP.

haha yeah and paint a big bullseye on your rear end too, go down there out of nowhere and GET THE FULL ATTENTION OF THE POLICE FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

You should even the floor. Go buy a bunch of flour then pour that into some plastic bags you tape up and mail it to him.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

monkey posted:

I gave first name only, but I never use my real first name except for legal/official stuff. Honestly I am not worried, if it was some nefarious scheme, like a friend of someone who used to live here or something, then they got away with it, but more likely it's just a new person in number 15. It just seemed odd and I thought GBS might like to speculate about what was in the package, cause I'm wondering about that now too. It was very light for the size of the box, so if it was drugs it must have been acid.

gently caress what's in the package. If it's a new person in number 15 and you don't know them, why are they having packages sent to your place without asking you and tracking the delivery closely enough that they're knocking on your door within hours of it being delivered? People get packages delivered to other people's places all the time, but not usually without asking the other person if it's OK and not to the homes of perfect strangers. Your new "neighbour" has an interesting idea of appropriate behaviour and you might want to make yourself less amenable to doing him favours in the future.

Professor Shark posted:

I think I would actually call the cops, I'd be terrified about being brought in on a drug trafficking charge.

Nah, the charge you'd be concerned about if it was drugs is importation of a border controlled drug. It's a federal offence and the maximum penalties are stiff even for amounts which are under the marketable and commercial thresholds.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

Hello officer, I unknowingly took part in drug trafficking. Please don't charge with me drug trafficking, thanks.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Thought this was gonna be a thread about voting Republican

Hahaha :airquote: voting :airquote: am I right?
The lizardmen win again.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I don't believe a word of it

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

gnarlyhotep posted:

I don't believe a word of it

im the guy in unit 15

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
Why would you sign for a package and not open it? You probably missed out on some really dank buds. I wish people would randomly ship me boxes of Colorado weed.

Also, if Australia is anything like America it is an extremely bad idea to get the police involved. At the very least you will have to tell your story 50 more times to hostile assholes that will try to jedi mind-trick you into implicating yourself in a crime. That's the best-case scenario.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
When I was a lot younger this guy told me he forgot his ID and needed to buy horse tranquilizer or something out of some secure case at an outdoor store, said if I could get it for him he'd appreciate it and gave me $10 for my troubles. Not sure what he used it for (probably nothing good), but at least I profited from the venture.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
This is actually a tried and true way to get drugs in the mail. I used to do exactly this about 10 years ago, and that was before tracking was super clear. I bet its been rampant in the last few years ever since the silkroads sprung up and not just some janky email mailing list.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
OP if your neighbor's not an NRL player there's a pretty minimal chance he's actually a criminal.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

monkey posted:

The package was shipped to Sydney from Colorado. What sort of drugs do they make in Colorado?

gee i dont know

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

monkey posted:

"bushwackers"

I'm the guy on the right at 5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH799RqKVkQ

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

gee i dont know

So I'm sensing a bit of sarcasm. Why would a non-American know or care? Honestly the image of Colorado I have is whitebread central american suburbia with some mountains. Do Americans know what sort of drugs they make in South Australia?

Anyway I googled "colorado drugs" and this came up:

http://nationalreport.net/drugs-colorado-new-deadly-strain-marijuana-turning-users-gay/

I should have opened the package.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ill be right over

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
the mary j turned my baby a gay - the ramones

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Once when I was a kid I was standing on the sidewalk and a truck came speeding to the intersection and swerved to the right which I knew led to a dead end. A minute later an even larger truck pulled up and the guy inside looked like a stone cold killer. "DID YOU SEE A TRUCK GO BY A MINUTE AGO!?",

"Yeah he went that way" I said pointing in the correct direction.

*nods*

:smith: That other guy could be dead for all I know.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_MStm5udrE

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

monkey posted:

So I'm sensing a bit of sarcasm. Why would a non-American know or care? Honestly the image of Colorado I have is whitebread central american suburbia with some mountains. Do Americans know what sort of drugs they make in South Australia?

Anyway I googled "colorado drugs" and this came up:

http://nationalreport.net/drugs-colorado-new-deadly-strain-marijuana-turning-users-gay/

I should have opened the package.

The reason for sarcasm was that colorado recently legalized marijuana

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

concerned mom posted:

What country do Australian criminals get sent to?

Tanzania maybe?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like how people itt think the cops and/or customs catch everything that comes through and then also pursue the person it is getting mailed to.

90% of the time when your drugs get discovered they just take the drugs out, put a note in that says "we took your drugs" and send the package back on its way.

You're fine OP but don't be making it a habit. If they're smart smugglers it won't happen again. If they are dumb they will go "cool this guy is dumb" and keep shipping to you until the cops finally step in (when you're getting repeat shipments of poo poo that's when they start devoting manpower to the case).

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Digiwizzard posted:

no vendor is ever going to specify a signature confirmation for the delivery of their illegal drugs.

i have no idea what the hell was mailed to you, but if it was drugs the police probably would have said hello by now
FedEx requires sig for everything.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Whirlwind Jones posted:

In Australia?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

skander posted:

In Australia?
I don't know? Why would it be any different?

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Not in the US. Residential packages by default do not require signature, unless requested by the shipper.

edit: nvm forgot it was international. international always requires a sig

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah but you could just write Elmer Fudd and the delivery guy has what he needs, he's not going to card you or take your picture or anything

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I'm Elmer Fudd

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm Elmer Fudd
Did you sign for this package?

proof of concept