Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Disco Infiva posted:

It seems to me that if ladychat thread ever returns it needs to have some cooler women posters as IKs, to cut out all the foreskins that periodically shits up the thread. You just need to decide what is and is not a woman.

if theres such a thing as thread exclusive iks this might work actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Seems like this is all a good reason why that thread shouldn't come back and this one should be gassed asap.

stop mansplaining

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

'science forbid'?

come on this has got to be a joke post. i mean it seems really obvious, right?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Cnut the Great posted:

'science forbid'?

come on this has got to be a joke post. i mean it seems really obvious, right?

it was not a joke post

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
you women gonna make your own thread or not

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Disco Infiva posted:

It seems to me that if ladychat thread ever returns it needs to have some cooler women posters as IKs, to cut out all the foreskins that periodically shits up the thread. You just need to decide what is and is not a woman.

it was the lack of this that kept me away from the previous threads

also figuring out who the women are are easy (our posts are synched)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you women gonna make your own thread or not

how many defenders are left in the box in a cover-2 defense

hint: it's the sum of the fourth prime number and the amount of business a man has in here

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
the next man i see explaining something to another person will be on the receiving end of three (3) reports and a handwritten letter to richard kyanka

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

the next man i see explaining something to another person will be on the receiving end of three (3) reports and a handwritten letter to richard kyanka

Can I just have a report anyway? That's alot of work.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Can I just have a report anyway? That's alot of work.

im sorry but theres rules, you have to swim the proper channels

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

whoflungpoop posted:

how many defenders are left in the box in a cover-2 defense

hint: it's the sum of the fourth prime number and the amount of business a man has in here

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
wait what this isn't being turned into the new lady's chatting thread is it

becaues that would mean i'm a guy posting in the lady's chatting thread

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

im sorry but theres rules, you have to swim the proper channels

Listen, let me explain something to you...

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Listen, let me explain something to you...

gently caress im out of stationary come back tomorrow ok

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

gently caress im out of stationary come back tomorrow ok

Ah, do you mean later today, or sunday?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

My favorite lady thread meltdown was by the guy who got really mad that people made fun of his girlfriend who also posted in the thread. She erased all of her 60 pages of posts by hand for some reason and then some people said that was weird so he showed up and went ballistic. I think this was in the first thread but I don't remember when.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Cnut the Great posted:

wait what this isn't being turned into the new lady's chatting thread is it

becaues that would mean i'm a guy posting in the lady's chatting thread

well i mean its not like that's unheard of or anything

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
i want a chat thread for crazy ppl so i can post about how crazy i am, an official one not the unoffical ones like the lf transchat thread

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Fajita Fiesta posted:

i want a chat thread for crazy ppl so i can post about how crazy i am, an official one not the unoffical ones like the lf transchat thread

What's stopping you from posting it?

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013

Matoi Ryuko posted:

What's stopping you from posting it?

mental illness

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Fajita Fiesta posted:

mental illness

too crazy to make the thread crazy enough for you to post in

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

too crazy to make the thread crazy enough for you to post in

Oh, cruel fate.

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013
i lead a cursed life

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Fajita Fiesta posted:

i lead a cursed life

Woe unto you.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Best thing was the entire thread turning on manlove because he turned some dead person's avatar to "banned" instead of a picture of a bird.

I love that when it was changed back after an outpouring of rage, the general attitude was, "Yea you turned it back BUT YOU'RE STILL A FUCKER." This happened directly after someone posted a trip report on ecstasy or something.

Generally an entertaining read, would read again.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

poor Franco just wanted to be liked :shrug:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

You are the HOMO to my LUMO

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

i loved this

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

My favorite lady thread meltdown was by the guy who got really mad that people made fun of his girlfriend who also posted in the thread. She erased all of her 60 pages of posts by hand for some reason and then some people said that was weird so he showed up and went ballistic. I think this was in the first thread but I don't remember when.

that was amarantinesky and jetsetlemming iirc

the thing that precipitated the meltdown was that someone made a joke about something like the trail of tears and they both got super pissed because amarantinesky's grandma was half indian or some poo poo

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

that was amarantinesky and jetsetlemming iirc

the thing that precipitated the meltdown was that someone made a joke about something like the trail of tears and they both got super pissed because amarantinesky's grandma was half indian or some poo poo

it was a dutch person making fun of people who laud their 1/64th native american heritage that sparked the crabpot post, which I believe was a day or two after i got bored at work and read a bunch of papers on Turing tests and asked that guy random questions from them.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

good idea i had for solving the problem that the words women/woman contain the word men/man and are thus sexist, change the words to wem and wam. any input or praise on my brilliant idea here from the ladies

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Davincie posted:

good idea i had for solving the problem that the words women/woman contain the word men/man and are thus sexist, change the words to wem and wam. any input or praise on my brilliant idea here from the ladies
as a :wom:an, i

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Davincie posted:

this is a major breakthrough u need to alert some feminist academics

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

def better than my proposal, which was to replace woman -> wyvern and women -> sound a pinched balloon neck makes when slowly deflating

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
whenever ur about to say man or men, u pause, look your conversational partner right in the eye, fart, and then continue speaking where u left off

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

at least it had a better m/f ratio than the en feminism thread

Bring back the Feminism Thread. It was the best thread in the forums and no one knew it at the time.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Ruddha Presents: Horsefacts justified the e/n feminism threads existence

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
ruddhas horse facts could justify anything including the holocaust (NOT saying the holocaust happened, just thinking hypothetical)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

paranoid randroid posted:

Ruddha Presents: Horsefacts justified the e/n feminism threads existence

A man said that looking at instagram convinced him that women weren't feminist enough because they talk about dresses and cooking too much.

• Locked thread