Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

My high school wrestling coach taught me to shove my thumb up my opponent's rear end in a top hat as an emergency move to get a chance at escaping his move or whatever. I imagine that could lead to more wins for your athletes and thus a higher salary for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

The Bananana posted:

What if the combined bottom and middle classes just started stealing stuff. I mean, like crazy. Stealing, or breaking stuff. Like a massive guerilla campaign to promote the idea of just going into stores, grocery stores, walmarts, best buys, A&F, Apple, Dillards, etc, and ruining or stealing products. If these bottom classes can not affect change via political channels, or peaceful civil disobedience stuff like Occupy, what about hitting the captains of industry in the wallet? Sure one pair of ruined $80 jeans is nothing, but a hundred? Or a thousand? More?

I thought they already did this. I'd say more than 10 times I've walked away with a cart full of free beer, soda and liquor, as the overworked teller is in a rush to get the line down. Sometimes I feel the need to say "you forgot to scan this", but not every time.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The Bananana posted:

I'm serious. Wealth may not trickle down, but Loss will definitely trickle up.
A lot of... More radical thinkers out there cling to their rifles and prepare for the day they have to take on the gubernmint. In truth, the powers that be are likely much more prepared and capable of handling such armed rebels than we may want to believe.

In turn, consider a molotov at the local new car dealership. Thousands of dollars of damage.

Lol, I kind of sound a little crazy, but unfortunately, this is really all i can think of as an effective and feasible means to make any sort of change, speaking as a disenfranchised person. In order to negotiate, you need to have leverage. At this time, based on all those graphs and charts and articles posted, it does not seem we have very much if any leverage.
If you have individuals doing it then they're just going to get arrested. If you have a city doing it (like in a riot) then yeah you'll cause some damage but the local places are going to be far more affected than chains with thousands of stores across the nation. If you somehow got people to coordinate a riot across the entire nation you probably could have just done a strike for the same effect.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Pretry sure the cops are quite good at fuckin rioters up.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well if u check the models, the probelm is htat the economy barfed in its own mouth b/c it had been living off pep pills and 4loko for three years. it barfed into its nose and mouth and died from barf. RIP.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm doing pretty good, OP! Thanks for reminding me.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I have a plan, OP

a plan that involves every hedge fund manager/banking/moneyman/business sociopath/politician that willingly hosed us into this hole by extracting wealth from the system and giving nothing back

and all their propagandists that managed to trick jim white middle-class suburbia and jim bob moonshine into thinking getting hosed with a rusty shaving razor felt great

a plan that may or not involve a nationally televised event with a comically oversized mechanical meat separator

or just vote D and see what happens, i dunno

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Monkey Fracas posted:

I have a plan, OP

a plan that involves every hedge fund manager/banking/moneyman/business sociopath/politician that willingly hosed us into this hole by extracting wealth from the system and giving nothing back

and all their propagandists that managed to trick jim white middle-class suburbia and jim bob moonshine into thinking getting hosed with a rusty shaving razor felt great

a plan that may or not involve a nationally televised event with a comically oversized mechanical meat separator

or just vote D and see what happens, i dunno

the democrats use the same propaganda techniques to essentially take money from everyone too, they just say they don;t publicly. I mean it's not like george soros noted liberal isn't supporting most democrat inititives. or wealthy man bill gates. Bill gates is probably the worst since his main goal is to just use his organization to keep and build his wealth in a non profit setting.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

TOILETLORD posted:

the democrats use the same propaganda techniques to essentially take money from everyone too, they just say they don;t publicly. I mean it's not like george soros noted liberal isn't supporting most democrat inititives. or wealthy man bill gates. Bill gates is probably the worst since his main goal is to just use his organization to keep and build his wealth in a non profit setting.

god drat you are dumb as hell lmao at equating soros to people like the waltons adelson or the kochs, and gates has contributed to both parties

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
excuse me. um. climate change isn't real. hi. hello? climate change isn't real. it's a scam by the green industry. please pay attention to me.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

ArmZ posted:

god drat you are dumb as hell lmao at equating soros to people like the waltons adelson or the kochs, and gates has contributed to both parties

soros who literally destroys economies for profit, funds massive tv propaganda campaigns year round for at least 2 decades. hmm he must be one of the good guys. i mean it's not like he turned friends and family members over to the nazi's.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
its a great scam cuz people will delude themselves into believing anything, if it gives their stupid lives meaning. Yeah man this whole time it was you and your car haha, and we'll be able to stop the climate from changing even though its been changing from ice planet to desert planet since the beginning of its existence

*waggles big horse feed bag marked SIERA CLUB at your gullible face*

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Tsinava posted:

excuse me. um. climate change isn't real. hi. hello? climate change isn't real. it's a scam by the green industry. please pay attention to me.

yes billionaires invest and control industries out of the goodness of their hearts.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
there was a period where people were jerking off about how great buffet and gates are for promising to donate all their money. After they died (lol). To their own foundations (lmao). Where their family members are employed (ahahah)

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TOILETLORD posted:

when did I say plan A was solely comprised of the empty suits that wear an R instead of a D

I will say there is a much more naked contempt for anyone who does not own a golden toilet there though

please do not interrupt my terrible fantasies OK thanks

I'm thinking it sounds like that whirring sound in welcome to the machine

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Monkey Fracas posted:

when did I say plan A was solely comprised of the empty suits that wear an R instead of a D

I will say there is a much more naked contempt for anyone who does not own a golden toilet there though

please do not interrupt my terrible fantasies OK thanks

sorry we just need a few civil wars until we can get rid of enough rich people.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
agreed. modern medicine is also a scam because it is exclusively controlled and regulated by it's own industry as well. would you like to buy some babyclothes made from cut up thrift store clothes from me with a gift of your choice of homemade herbal tinctures from this catalog i have attached in PDF format?

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

A misanthrope posted:

kill the rich

i'm serious
Without fundamental changes to our system, new rich will take their place, and the cycle will repeat.

Noyemi K posted:

alternatively, kill all poors
If you kill all poors, then the lower rich will become the new poors as their value is transferred to the top, and the cycle will repeat.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
it's a real catch 23

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
guys i'm thinking maybe it should be a coliseum-sized fighting pit full of angry bears instead

man this is hard

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Monkey Fracas posted:

guys i'm thinking maybe it should be a coliseum-sized fighting pit full of angry bears instead

man this is hard

i believe my original idea, that to get a law passed in the house, you would draft fighters equal to the amount of represenatives each party got, and then make them fight until you can count survivors for a majority was pretty good.

do the same thing for the senate.

president have to raise armies and fight for the presidency every 4 years.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Basically our capitalistic economy is a bunch of debris in a sifter, and those who have wealth could be thought of as the chunks that remain above the grate as it operates.

Once the sifter is done working, only the largest chunks remain.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Evil_Greven posted:

Basically our capitalistic economy is a bunch of debris in a sifter, and those who have wealth could be thought of as the chunks that remain above the grate as it operates.

Once the sifter is done working, only the largest chunks remain.

we are in an era of new robber barons where government policy is controlled by the rich.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
guys uh I think the general populace has forgotten what "The Gilded Age' was

that is our signal to run this poo poo into the ground until someone catches us and wags a finger for a few seconds

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Evil_Greven posted:

Without fundamental changes to our system, new rich will take their place, and the cycle will repeat.

If you kill all poors, then the lower rich will become the new poors as their value is transferred to the top, and the cycle will repeat.

and eventually everyone will die, completing the cycle

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
just do what we used to do pay congress nothing while billing them for everything and making it so the fed can only get taxes from selling stamps.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Just buy guns and lots of ammo and be ready

Well you would have to get a loan but I'm sure your mom will co sign

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
LMAO Samsung is putting automated sentry guns in the DMZ of Korea, for real. Can headshot people at 2 mile range automatically. Any chance of poors staging an armed revolution better happen in the next 5 years before they get turned inside out by drone bombs and automatic turrets that know where to shoot because the NSA vacuumed up their Arab-spring style tweets and Facebook posts and fed the telemetry to the drone operators. The whole world is a battlefield now, bitch.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
uhhh, did you see the new captain america movie?

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
America is pig disgusting.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Evil_Greven posted:

that's why i've moved on to option c: kill everyone

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
skynet isn't gonna put up with any of this poo poo, fwiw

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It turns out like 90% of people are bad with money. This has not gone unnoticed by aggressive assholes.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Evil_Greven posted:

But Laffer Curve!

It says you get more money if you lower taxes!

Here is your laugher curve

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Libelous Slander posted:

GUNS. NOT OUR AMERICA. [unintelligible whirring sound] BOW BEFORE ME.

FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
capitalism

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

They are so happy! :neckbeard:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Top City Homo posted:

FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS FAGGOTS

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

ArbitraryC posted:

... It'd be like letting someone buy the rights to the water cycle or something.

uhhh... don't look now, but-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Global Communism is the Light

• Locked thread