Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

TOILETLORD posted:

everything has oil in fish liver and every plant as far as i can tell, we just need machines to harness the untapped market of teenage body grease.

You heard it here. TOILETLORD wants to frack teens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

open container posted:

Why is oil crashing?

opec gettin' real tired of everyone else's poo poo and decided to put an end to it

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

A misanthrope posted:

whatever not what i meant but i can't take back what i said.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
That's a real journalist *looks admiriginly at misanthrope* he's gonna journalist a nice gif soon hopefully

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

lmao if the Middle East is any indicator they don't give a gently caress about false positives. Was that Al Qaeda meeting really a wedding party? Oh well, who loving cares, chalk them up as "bug splats" (real term btw) and let's go after the next batch. Blammo.

oh I know I meant more along the lines of what will happen when it starts creeping into law enforcement back stateside and you have police going after people because a computer looked at a video and flagged a black guy walking down the street at a certain time of day "suspicious activity" or whatever and the courts have to start hashing out whether that sort of thing constitutes probable cause, is admissible as evidence at trial, etc. It could also become a political issue if enough people start caring about it which is another can of worms.

open container posted:

this is a cool post and i miss your retarded av

I was pretty ambivalent but wound up buying it since I was sick of my old one and that guy did go to the trouble of making it for me after all. It drew more attention than I want on my minimum effort white noise posting so, you know, easy come easy go

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

sexy young infidel posted:

the loving arabs are jewing us

edit: its literally true

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

ITT: d and d posters predict the end of the world.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

opus111 posted:

ITT: d and d posters predict the end of the world.

Or actively plan to cause it. Whichever.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

A misanthrope posted:

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

A misanthrope posted:

haha

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

A misanthrope posted:

i just got this

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Basically a bunch of dum dums bought homes that they couldn't even afford to pay for around the same time. Then one day they all went to pay their mortgages and realized they didn't have the cash. All of these idiots started foreclosing and squatting in their homes which caused the housing market to crash. The recession sucked for a lot of people but actually benefited anyone with half a brain.

Today most of the people whining about the economy are just terrible with money and can't live within their means.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 13, 2014

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Basically a bunch of dum dums that can't read bought homes that they couldn't even afford to pay for. Most of the people whining about the economy are just terrible with money and can't live within their means.

wow quite an opinion you just expressed there

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
I'm changing my vote to be for the Blond Cylon President, and Lucy Lawless Vice President Cylon

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Basically a bunch of dum dums that can't read bought homes that they couldn't even afford to pay for. Most of the people whining about the economy are just terrible with money and can't live within their means.

One semester in college I lived within my means by squatting in a condemned house.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

open container posted:

One semester in college I lived within my means by squatting in a condemned house.

I'm proud of you.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
wait wait

You can't have a problem with the credit economy if you also don't want to live strictly within your own finances

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

people should get compensated more and the wealthy compensated less

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

TEAYCHES posted:

Communism is the ownership and control of the means of production by the workers.

workers are very stupid people you do know that right?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
The truth is most Americans are racist and think they're too good to live in poor black neighborhoods/trailer parks even though they have poor to lower middle class incomes.

This is basically what Elizabeth Warren says in her book, "The Two Income Trap".

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 13, 2014

open container
Sep 16, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

people should get compensated more and the wealthy compensated less

i agree, the wealthy are dogs

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Capitalism provides the best care of the retarded, shitbird, moron idiots, that line the halls of every horrible store and company in the country

Proof: there were zero purges of bad workers during the recent recession

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
capitalism operates in a boom and bust cycle..we've been hovering near "bust" for a little while now.

But I blame the international nature of large corporations, and the lack of willpower or even ability for the government to reign them in and keep their jobs, profits, (and taxes) at home. Something like Japan's loyalty culture would have been nice in the US.

But regulation can't address all issues, in the end without strong cultural shifts it is just asking the fox to tend the chicken coop. People, and corporations, have to want to "do the right thing"

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

a posting ghost posted:

capitalism operates in a boom and bust cycle..we've been hovering near "bust" for a little while now.

But I blame the international nature of large corporations, and the lack of willpower or even ability for the government to reign them in and keep their jobs, profits, (and taxes) at home. Something like Japan's loyalty culture would have been nice in the US.

But regulation can't address all issues, in the end without strong cultural shifts it is just asking the fox to tend the chicken coop. People, and corporations, have to want to "do the right thing"

murder? are you saying murder is the right thing?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TOILETLORD posted:

murder? are you saying murder is the right thing?

it's gotten us this far, why stop now?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
*global economic meltdown*

Anyone struggling is just dumb or incapable.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i did pretty well through the economic meltdown and held good jobs throughout it

your mileage may have varied

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I use "we" like I give a single gently caress what the economy does or doesn't do. I'll find my own way, all the indentured servants can stand in the firing line, what do I care

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

*global economic meltdown*

Anyone struggling is just dumb or incapable.

i got coworkers who eat every meal out and spend the rest of their pay check on gas going out and wondering why they still live with their parents in their 30's

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

A misanthrope posted:

same

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Entire industries could die nearly overnight every day because of the varied size and scope of human existence. Get over it and get to work

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

TOILETLORD posted:

i got coworkers who eat every meal out and spend the rest of their pay check on gas going out and wondering why they still live with their parents in their 30's

Same but my co-workers are in their mid fifties and can't afford healthcare but eat out/buy lottery tickets every day.

One of my co-workers literally told me "I liked my last employer because they worked with me to make sure when I got a raise I didn't enter another tax bracket! :smug: " :lol:

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

“Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.” -- roald dahl

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

sexy young infidel posted:

Entire industries could die nearly overnight every day because of the varied size and scope of human existence. Get over it and get to work

you have an excellent way of sweeping complex issues under the rug by just using common sense. thank you, i am a republican now

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Torka posted:

“Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.” -- roald dahl

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Bush played golf and hosed up the economy then Obama played golf and did nothing about it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Prorat posted:

Bush played golf and hosed up the economy then Obama played golf and did nothing about it.

now watch this jive

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

you have an excellent way of sweeping complex issues under the rug by just using common sense. thank you, i am a republican now

No no... thank u

edit: for the passive aggressive fagogtry that you bring to these discussion

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Prorat posted:

Bush played golf and continued to hosed up the economy then Obama played golf and did nothing about it.

poo poo started back with clinton who put in policy to make the economy point towards shrinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TOILETLORD posted:

poo poo started back with clinton who put in policy to make the economy point towards shrinking.

Clinton got his golf balls sucked and forgot about the economy, Bush played golf and hosed the economy then Obama played golf and did nothing about it.

• Locked thread