Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Alright OP, I've given this some thought and have assembled for you the best advice money can buy. If you are looking at getting into a fight over the next year, you will definitely want an assault rifle. With an AR you can cap those sunobitches from hundreds of feet away.

This is your standard Masada (ACR). This hush puppy is chambered for 5.56x45 and will put down some shitheels faster than Darren Wilson.

Now if you're looking at close combat, you'll want something with a harder punch. I'd suggest the .40 calibre Sig Sauer P229. Speaking of Darren Wilson, this is the same pistol he used to end a violent criminals life recently; hence you can trust its effectiveness. If that doesn't give you a rock hard boner and simultaneous trust in this weapon's capabilities, I don't know what to tell you.

The_White_Crane posted:

Not everyone lives in a country where private firearms ownership is legal, and even those who do might not want their primary means of self defense to be something as lethal as a firearm.

Edit: But given that the OP seems to think he's going to be in an unavoidable fight against two guys in a year's time, I'm not sure I care if he gets good advice or not. Because that is dumb.

oh shut the gently caress up you commie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm not leaving here until someone acknowledges my Cosby joke.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Don't take a course on anything, just practice stripping naked as rapidly as you possibly can. Most guys who want to beat you up for your lunch money aren't going to want to even get near you when you're hangin' the ol' Chinese Lantern.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Captain Log posted:

When you feel threatened tell the possible assailant you are going to come at them like Cosby in an undone bath robe and they will do nothing for at least a good twenty years or so.

We are trying to block out the mental image, thanks. Much like the OP is trying to block out the reality of him being a fat goon that can't take 2 guys on with an actually good fighting technique.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
My suggestion would be to get in as many fights as possible between now and then. Just make up excuses to physically assault anyone you see.

You will either end up the greatest martial arts master battle tested in fire or much more likely in the hospital and/or jail.

Its a win/win.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Croccers posted:

What if they're left-handed?

Never engage with a left-handed opponent. That is one of the principles of Krav Maga, if you allow a left handed person to even touch you, you are kicked out of Krav Maga for 90 days starting from the moment of contact, which means you will have to pay 7x the normal licensing fees for any Krav Maga moves you use against that opponent or any opponent during that period. So it just makes financial sense to avoid any combat with the left.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

hey op since your in an "unavoidable" fight im going to assume that your still in high school so you should just get some friends and jump one of them after class.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Captain Log posted:

I'm not leaving here until someone acknowledges my Cosby joke.

Sorry, it will take another 7 or 8 years before a new Cosby joke calls attention to it.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

oh shut the gently caress up you commie

But what if I'm just trying to lull you into a false sense of security so when you get within range for a sure-fire one-shot stop I can take you out with my concealed-carry Glock-18 loaded with alternating rounds of incendiary and hollowpoint ammunition? :smug:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Pfft, hollow points? If you can aim, like a Real American, then you don't need no hollow points. All you need is a trusty laser sight and a steady hand and blaam, double tap to the forehead. :clint:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

you guys should not be so hard on OP. what if someone has said to the OP "what would you do if you got a million dollars" and he was all "two dudes at the same time" and now someone gave him a million dollars? I bet if you were in that situation you'd appreciate some real advice

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Earwicker posted:

you guys should not be so hard on OP. what if someone has said to the OP "what would you do if you got a million dollars" and he was all "two dudes at the same time" and now someone gave him a million dollars? I bet if you were in that situation you'd appreciate some real advice

Man you're right. OP, you should use some of your million dollars and buy both of these guys a house far away from where you live. They won't be able to turn down a free house, and then you can relax and not have to spend time learning The Death Touch Manoeuvre, everyone's a winner this way. Probably don't tell anyone that it was you that bought them a house though or they'll all be queuing up for a free house.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

The_White_Crane posted:

But what if I'm just trying to lull you into a false sense of security so when you get within range for a sure-fire one-shot stop I can take you out with my concealed-carry Glock-18 loaded with alternating rounds of incendiary and hollowpoint ammunition? :smug:

Oh poo poo, you do get it. We will be posting comrades.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

osietra posted:

Is it the best real life self defence you can take now?

This is pretty much targeted towards people who teach or train in these sort of things. Or is boxing the best one to train in for self defence?

Edit: I've learned some practical knowledge in this thread, and ignored the jealous dweebs posting unfunny jokes. Posting unfunny jokes on the Internet is just basically a huge sign that you have cognitive aids.

You still haven't told us why you are definitely going to fight 2 people in less than a year. I've learned how to punch people in the balls in this thread, and as long as you are over 21, I am going to punch you in the balls for not telling us.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

OP, I recommend doing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WqizUW22vE

Oxwalt
Aug 10, 2013

by Ralp
you need to step to this sister and say "hey, slap me some skins!"

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012
Krav Maga is bullshit. If you have to take on two dudes at once, you need to become a master of Hokuto Shinken. Nothing stops a fight faster than blowing a dude's head up by softly punching his ribs.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I think your best bet is to scare them off or intimidate them so that it never really becomes a 2 on 1 fight.

Perhaps when cornered you could try laughing maniacally and telling them that 'this isn't even my final form', then yelling as loud as you can while powering up/raising your ki energy.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

spud posted:

You still haven't told us why you are definitely going to fight 2 people in less than a year. I've learned how to punch people in the balls in this thread, and as long as you are over 21, I am going to punch you in the balls for not telling us.

What if he swore a SECRET oath not to tell the exact reason to strangers? :v:

Honestly, I'd lawyer up if I were in OP's situation. Nothing to see here.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I can only imagine he slept with both of his brother's wives, and is skipping the holidays this year.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Just hit them both with a bat

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

The Ferret King posted:

But far less fun.

Which martial arts specialty will put me inside as many dudes as possible in the shortest amount of time? I'm not looking for a lot of bookwork or theory here.

Pro tactic is to move to LA and sign up for as many "casting" interviews as possible

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Personally I carry around a medieval flail with five chains with a weight on the end of each for personal protection. I also wear chainmail under my trench coat and coat myself with dung so that the musk will repel any attackers.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Watch this educational movie to learn to defend from all attacks with edged weapons and maybe you won't die in no ghetto.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-lDtCHFmvg

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Watch this educational movie to learn to defend from all attacks with edged weapons and maybe you won't die in no ghetto.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-lDtCHFmvg
You posted the wrong version of that video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFr30p0aZl0

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
How can you have a known physical confrontation thats that far away...? You're full of poo poo.

Anyway, to be well rounded do Judo or Jiu Jisu 2 times a week and do boxing 2-4 times a week.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Just take a spin class, unless you're fighting 2 or more cyclists you can just pedal your way to safety.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Personally I carry around a medieval flail with five chains with a weight on the end of each for personal protection. I also wear chainmail under my trench coat and coat myself with dung so that the musk will repel any attackers.

This is good advice OP. Remember to always spec your cleric out for The Flail of Ages though you can always give it to Viconia, who is objectively the best npc companion.

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
Nobody has suggested that the OP use any underhanded tactics yet? Have you considered drugging your opponents before the slated battle? Doing amphetamines to heighten your reflexes?

You could also take out your opponents separately before the battle. Sneak into their homes at night and murder them where they sleep. I know this isn't "honorable" but there just isn't room for honor in middle school.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Been following this thread for a couple days just to hear about the upcoming fight. Tell us, OP, or admit you were lying because you though Krav Maga was cool; it'll be a lot less disappointing than leaving us unknowing, forever wondering.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
I challenge OP to a duel

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
Like others I am waiting to hear what this pre-planned 2-on-1 fight is all about!

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

osietra posted:

Is it the best real life self defence you can take now?

This is pretty much targeted towards people who teach or train in these sort of things. Or is boxing the best one to train in for self defence?

Edit: I've learned some practical knowledge in this thread, and ignored the jealous dweebs posting unfunny jokes. Posting unfunny jokes on the Internet is just basically a huge sign that you have cognitive aids.

Jealous dweebs? No wonder two people are queuing up to have a turn on you at some time in the future with language like that... come on, OP, why the fight?

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
The OP lives in a strange reality where people get jealous of each other over how many people are challenging them to duels concurrently. Reminds me of PVP fighting outside capital cities in world of Warcraft.

You should watch Ridley Scott's The Duelists, OP. You'll see what sort of road you are heading down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2KWTEhyVX8

Rodnik fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 22, 2014

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

You guys act like you've never wanted to be outnumbered in a fight. Your jealousy is sickening frankly.

RingKing2
Aug 6, 2005
It's obvious this is his future self posting the thread. The thread causes the fight.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's kind of ironic that people point out the impracticality of Krav Maga only recommend that a 14 year old buy a gun instead as a legitimate solution. It's called a nightstick. The popo have been using it to beat darkies for ages. My guess is that the OP lost a bet to a gay couple where his wager was letting himself be shish kabobed by the two dudes.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Ok, if you are a really good fighter this might happen -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HncwGDTNsxo

Here is a MMA champion from another country dealing with three people trying to rob his store -

http://www.click2houston.com/news/gas-station-clerk-with-mma-training-surprises-thieves/27155936

Are you any of these people? Are you going to become any of these people in a year?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
have u tried meth kun do?

i hear it gives you unnatural, secret strength

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

osietra posted:

I'm glad you learned stuff, now maybe you can explain to me how to get my cognitive aids treated

• Locked thread