Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Awesome! posted:

i could gift gearcrack arena to 100 goons for less than :10bux:

Yeah like 9 bux..too bad steam doesn't like the gift purchases of > 1 copy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Last minute buy was Don't Starve mega pack, honestly should just have bought the vanilla+expansion edition and get the co-op later for free but I can live with the 5$ going to the dev.

Total haul was:

Age of Mythology (liked it back in the day and I love Age of empires in general)

Europa Universalis IV (My first Paradox game)

Stanley Parable (Having liked Gone Home and Dear Esther it's extremely unlikely that I'll regret getting this)

World in Conflict (Never played it, but my brother absolutely loved it an I've heard nothing but good things)

and Don't Starve (bit of a impulse buy due to the co-op, but eh)

Laughing Zealot fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 2, 2015

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

If you've taken part in any Steam sales in the past 2-3 years then there's no reason to have spent $500 on this sale unless you're going for that lofty goal of "collecting" every single game on Steam,

Yeah. It owns.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Now that the sale is over and people are sorely tempted, just gonna quote this:

Palpek posted:

I know that this tip will be ignored but just so you know - nobody cares or even reads those haul posts.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Steam is complete dicks if you're trying to sell your sale cards. gently caress you and your trying to get money to give to us they don't exist anymore even though you already listed them.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

Sucks being unemployed during a steam sale, but on the bright side: I already own over 300 games so it's not like I needed many more anyway.

You've understood something wrong. Unemployment time is the moment that you actually play the games you bought from previous sales.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yeah, Steam is like a 401k. You pay into it when you're working to reap the rewards when you aren't.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Glad I dealt with my dumb card nonsense last night, anticipating some sort of market fuckery. I didn't know what it would be, just that I didn't want to deal with it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I'm glad I was able to sell my holiday cards last night.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'm glad I just always sell cards ~

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Wait people didn't sell them immediately on the new year?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

vuohi posted:

You've understood something wrong. Unemployment time is the moment that you actually play the games you bought from previous sales.
You understand wrong. No one plays their games.

PC Gamers are like dragons and steam libraries our hoards.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Palpek posted:

I know that this tip will be ignored but just so you know - nobody cares or even reads those haul posts.

Lets just add onto this that no one cares about your trading cards either. Unless its something ridiculous like that time they were selling for actual dollars.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

"I will not play any of these games. Not a single one." *curls up on top of water-cooled case and falls asleep*

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Everblight posted:

Final Gemchat time:

Proving that once again Steam users are loving retarded and don't read anything, Gems are dropping yet again, most likely because users honestly believe their gems will evaporate and they want to recoup at least some of their money before 10am tomorrow. I have no pity on them, but I will buy as many sacks as I can before they zoom back up at 10:01 as chicken littles are proven dumb as a sack of gems.

It is really funny how accurate this specific prediction was.

In conclusion gemchat seems to have been a progressing story about how steamcoin speculators slowly make an armchair economic analyst hate them. Judging from the tone of that last post anyway.

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003
While I'm sure everyone has items from the sale they haven't tried yet but if you had to pick from what you have played so far, what has been your best purchase purely based on satisfaction of gameplay?

I am enjoying the hell out of Dungeon of the Endless. I never got into rogue-likes but this game has really captivated me. The artwork, sound, music, and gameplay all meld together into a wonderful spin on the genre. I think I spent almost 2 hours on floor 1 just making mistakes and dying a lot, enjoying every minute. Best money I spent during the sale.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

King Vidiot posted:

Wait people actually level up their badges beyond the first level? Why?

100 XP from a very cheap card set that people literally dump. Your followup question will be why the obsession with levels, but by that time I'll be lurking at the back of the thread.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Oh no, I play them. For upwards of 10 minutes even. Then its back to Kerbal Space Program or FFXIV, my hundred dollar sale budget being well spent.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The one game I was hoping to get a real good price during the sale off course gets a -75 percent and a free weekend after the sale ends. :smith:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Bhodi posted:

What, nono. Go to the transistor directory and reinstall the redistributible c++ dlls. Called something like msvcredist.exe.

This didn't work. :( I think my laptop might just be too lovely. Guess I'll just play Bastion again.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Having never played binding of Isaac before, I'm glad I splurged to pick up rebirth. I'm hooked on this dumb game now.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I'm so sorely tempted to get the new Adventure Time game because I can sell packs for over a dollar and bags of gems are ~50c, so I could literally recoup the cost of the game without ever installing it. And if I crafted badges, things like the Jake emoticon are selling (not listing, selling) for over a buck apiece too.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Anyone else think this sale sucked? Or do I just have too many games?

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Anyone else think this sale sucked? Or do I just have too many games?

I enjoyed the gem crafting gimmick, but I think a lot of the sales themselves didn't go past the summer sale prices, if they were even that low.

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003

Pews posted:

I enjoyed the gem crafting gimmick, but I think a lot of the sales themselves didn't go past the summer sale prices, if they were even that low.

If you look at a price history site for games that are several years old, you will see the bottom of the barrel price never changes really. It hits that price a couple times a year. (during sales)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Phew what a sale, what a sale am I right? See you next time.

• Locked thread