Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
I don't live in America and I actively avoided the subject because it is my opinion that American's have a bad relationship with the police that colours any action they take. Can someone give me a summary of what happened without any spin one way or the other.

EDIT: My natural opinion would be to support the police 100%. I have never had a bad experience with the police and they are generally pretty reasonable even in our own police shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

ActusRhesus posted:

I wrote a long response and then my internet crapped out.

Here's the short of it. Tennessee v. Garner says it is a violation of the fourth amendment to shoot a fleeing suspect unless there is probable cause to believe they pose an imminent risk to public or officer safety

Why the fourth amendment and not the one about cruel and unusual punishments?

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
Shooting someone from fleeing the police isn't a cruel and unusual punishment?

EDIT: If you kill them it would be an execution.

• Locked thread