Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

"I don't want to be an NPC any more! :qq:"

Hey, more RPG Maker, I can dig it.

silversatyr posted:

Oh. Not allergies.

Hey, this is a fantasy setting, it could still be an allergy!

quote:

Poison Magic deals damage per round to enemies, typically 1% of their total health per round. It can be useful for long battles or for enemies with lots of HP.

Man. That's pretty stingy.

quote:

So... give NAME ME! a name and create three characters for our party!

Holdana is okay.

Grab a druid, a paladin, and a harlequin, and let's just go with the all-chicks party if there's extra content for it. Uh. Drusilla, Cecilia (for obvious reasons), and Harley? ...I'm bad with names, okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

quote:

Hey, we have two Lennas! ...I'll just assume they're twins.

quote:

5 Medals - Boomerang
10 Medals - Bladerang
40 Medals - Staff of Jubilation
50 Medals - Shield of Wisdom
55 Medals - Crosserang
60 Medals - Immunity Idol
70 Medals - Fixed Dice
80 Medals - Chakram
95 Medals - Hero Ring
100 Medals - Lightsabre

Quite the gap there. Hope that staff is worth the trouble...

And of course we should keep the kung fu paladin :black101: uh I mean

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

silversatyr posted:

The gap won't matter too much. The way the game is set out, there are five chapters. The first four chapters are each played as a different group and the fifth combines your forces. It's a really interesting mechanic - a lot like Suikoden III's way of telling the story, but without any jump back and forth. So each chapter we'll be getting about 10, until the last chapter where all of them will be added together, thus jumping to around the 40 mark.

Sounds like fun. Do the different characters get different rewards for the first 10, or does it mean we'll have four boomerangs by the time they meet up?

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

All those FF6 enemies are giving me flashbacks :argh:

A 15% instakill chance this early on is pretty nice! I'd have expected the needle to inflict, you know, poison or something.

quote:

That's an edited RTP chipset, right? As I recall, the original ones only have walls at 90 degree angles, but I don't have RM on this machine and can't check.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

silversatyr posted:

Nope! 2K3 (RPG Maker 2003) had diagonal cliff tiles as part of the RTP. The 2k3 RTP is really good in breaking the grid (unlike Ace, sadly).

Huh! I don't remember those at all. Well, then again it's been a while since I messed with 2k3.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Good to see this back :toot:

silversatyr posted:

Oh, nice. Wonder what's inside?

Another, even smaller chest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

silversatyr posted:

Meet Uber-Balthalas.

Now that is a name fit for your final form!

It's a nice way to wrap up the quest, with a totally sweet reward, and...

... I got a good chuckle out of this, too. Good show! The game really does a good job doing the thing it does. Looking forward to chapter 2.

• Locked thread