Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
So i got one of these ridiculous bean machines where you pour beans in and it pours of a nice cup of coffee, I used to use a french press but got bored of the dull sultry taste, this new thing is the bollocks.

The question is - do you like coffee and how do you take and make it? Instant is good when you cant be assed, but a good cup is always an ice cold killa. Gotta be black!

How do you prepare your bean juice?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

a giant church percolator retrieved from a hoarder's house

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XrAkPyStGg

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i just much on handfuls of raw coffee berries out of the big burlap sack i drag around everywhere i go

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

i squeeze the beans directly from the civet's butt into my mouth, add warm water, chew and then gargle

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
I normally drink it black, but if it's summer or just sometimes when I feel like it, I'll have Iced Latte sweetened with a sugar free syrup (caramel, vanilla, whatever).

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Coffee enemas are the way to consume the bean. Nothing beats having an alert and energized colon.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

moka pot or espresso machine only op

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i have milk and no sugar thanks op

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
I like my coffee how I like my women OP, ground up and covered in boiling water.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
:coffee:

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
is it time for the quarterly coffee thread? I just made coffee

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
i like tea better, but coffee is good sometimes too

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

:coffeepal: is the better coffee smilie I think

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Coffee's terrible and you're all terrible for enjoying it.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

ThirdPartyView posted:

how do you get caffeine 'ThirdPartyView'?

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
no

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

id like to stop dinking coffee like id like to stop smoking cigarettes but they go p well together and also if i dont have a coffee in the morning i get a headache i guess it would just go away but gently caress that

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

SplitSoul posted:

i squeeze the beans directly from the civet's butt into my mouth, add warm water, chew and then gargle

this is pro level coffee consumption

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

ThirdPartyView posted:

Punch this man

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Otto von Ruthless posted:

how do you get caffeine 'ThirdPartyView'?

I down a tablespoon of pure caffeine every day - hth.

whoflungpoop posted:

Punch this man

It worked well for Harry Houdini (until the last time). :shrug:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Only the finest for 30.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Watered down Chock Full of Nuts fo' life

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

My wife is such a coffee fiend that if we are driving on holiday and not flying, we load the espresso machine in the back of the car and grind up a big batch of beans to take with us. She does make stunningly good coffee though.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I do like coffee, but the bitter taste throws me off. I introduce about 1/4 creamer per each cup, like a little bitch. I prefer the easy-going buzz of green tea. Coffee gets me all jittery, which is cool at times, but when I want a relaxed, focused couple of hours, tea does me.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZInM3r_OtDo&t=20s

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014
No, I am absolutely insufferable with any amount of caffeine flowing through my system. Hot chocolate is amazing, though.

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
i want an aeropress it sounds cool. I just have a mr. coffee at home right now that I got for free, looking to upgrade hardcore

had some generic coffee this morning with some half and half. then some folgers (same poo poo) with powdered creamer (sucks and is gay) at work

want a hario grinder, electric kettle, fresh roasted bean, aeropress setup

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
On the weekend I'll grind some frozen preroasted beans but usually I just drink instant.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I don't know what's is in a latte but I been getting em at Mac Donald lately and I have to say............. me likey :twisted:

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
do you mean instant as in preground or instant as actual instant coffee crystals like for GIs and prisoners

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
i use a french press for its dull, sultry taste op

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

a starwar betamax posted:

I don't know what's is in a latte but I been getting em at Mac Donald lately and I have to say............. me likey :twisted:

Latte is Italian for milk. So that's what you've been drinking. Italian milk.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Green coffee: http://www.sweetmarias.com

Roaster: http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/roast-coffee/drum-roasters/gene-cafe.html

Grinder: http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/brewing/grinders/electric-grinders/rancilio-rocky-ss-grinder-4559.html

Vacuum pot brewer: http://www.espressoparts.com/yama-glass-8-cup-stovetop-coffee-siphon-syphon

If you're like a big time espresso freak, I keep reading about combining a Mazzer Mini grinder (~$600) with a Rocket Giotto Evoluzione V2 (~$2,300).

I'm not big into espresso so I just occasionally use an Aeropress.

If I do coffee I tend to vacuum brew pretty much exclusively.

But I mainly do tea.

Maldoror fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 14, 2014

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Three Olives posted:

Only the finest for 30.

i really cant wait for the keurig soda machine to come out so i can never be able to move my body again

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
"Why doesn't coffee taste as good as it smells?"

Because it is strong.

Instead of pouring coffee and adding some milk, try the reverse. Pour hot milk at least 3/4 cup, then add 1/4 cup coffee. Think hot milk with a little coffee in it. Then add sugar or sweetener.

Good now? :)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Maldoror posted:

Instead of pouring coffee and adding some milk, try the reverse. Pour hot milk at least 3/4 cup, then add 1/4 cup coffee. Think hot milk with a little coffee in it. Then add sugar or sweetener.
i have a normal milk:coffee ratio but i do pour the milk and sugar first

youre worse than hitler

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Maldoror posted:

"Why doesn't coffee taste as good as it smells?"

Because it is strong.

Good now? :)
please... no...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
So you don't like coffee ice cream? ;)

• Locked thread