Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
goku is better and not overpowered as poo poo. fucker became a god and still lost handily to a shaved cat but also beat up a bunch of really tough guys. goku is the greatest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Hobo Siege posted:

goku is better and not overpowered as poo poo. fucker became a god and still lost handily to a shaved cat but also beat up a bunch of really tough guys. goku is the greatest

agreed

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Why doesn't superman go do something about North Korea or countries where women are getting their genitals mutilated or something instead of spending half his time pretending to be Clark Kent and working at some newspaper? He could change the entire planet, but he wastes 95% of his time doing worthless poo poo.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

The Dennis System posted:

Why doesn't superman go do something about North Korea or countries where women are getting their genitals mutilated or something instead of spending half his time pretending to be Clark Kent and working at some newspaper? He could change the entire planet, but he wastes 95% of his time doing worthless poo poo.

white American middle class writers

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

gnarlyhotep posted:

white American middle class writers

did you just gas my penis thread you rascal

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Hobo Siege posted:

did you just gas my penis thread you rascal

I'll gas any god drat thread I please

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'll gas any god drat thread I please

man thank god goku doesnt have this temperment

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

shiksa posted:

man thank god goku doesnt have this temperment

yeah I'm a pretty unreasonable guy

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
quote="shiksa" post="438932519"]
i cant believe anyone pays a dollar for anything superman related, he's the worst character in the american canon. hes got like no personality beyond boy scout, and his powers are whatever some dumbass writer wants him to have and hes totally invulnerable except when there's kryptonite which youd think wouldnt come up very often because its a rock from a planet on the other side of the god drat galaxy but everyone and their dog has a personal stash of kryptonite because when thats the only out you build in youve gotta milk it for all its worth. theyre still making superman movies? let me guess, clark kent sees something happen, disappears, rips off his shirt, and fights it til the problem is resolved. then lex luthor comes over and hes like "gently caress off superman ive got this kryptonite swastika, it works double because you're basically a jewish god" and superman is like "ah gently caress, my powers" but then hes able to trick lex luthor into destroying the kryptonite and kicks his rear end. is that the long and short of it? god drat, i need to call up dc and get on that gravy train. aquaman is literally cooler than superman.
[/quote]

Agreed

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Hobo Siege posted:

what character is the cat

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
goku is the anime one, right

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

goku is the anime one, right

goku is an anime, jus' saiyin

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

Frostwerks posted:

what character is the cat

Beerus. He's the living embodiment of the forces of entropy and destruction, but because this is Dragonball he mostly just wants to dance and eat pudding.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

the american canon

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Superman should have just played sports, IMO.

dirtymurphy24
Nov 30, 2014

The doctor is in.
Yup. He just seems like a rushed idea overall.
"Hmm... How about a superhero invincible to everything?"
"No, how would anything be able to counter him?"
"I got it! I'll make him vulnerable to one thing! I'll call it kryptonitr!"
And it's why it is hard to innovate with him, and why there are no good Superman games. He is invincible to everything but kryptonite. What are baddies gonna shoot him with? Kryptonite guns? Bahahahah

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
Lex Luthor was awesome because one of us, a mortal, a HUMAN, took a living god bestowed with every power ever, and gave his alien rear end a beating.

gently caress superman

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

this thread reminded me I have a copy of superman red son somewhere that is signed by Dave Johnson

its probably not worth as much as I think it should be because superman is lame and even when he's a filthy commie he's still a goody goody

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Harime Nui posted:

If I had Superman's body/powers I would also probably wear a bodystocking, bulge-enhancing trunks and a festive cape TBH

raditts posted:

Superman may be a dick, but who among you wouldn't be if you had the power to literally do whatever you wanted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvEVUSm4C4w

Ivor Biggun fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Dec 14, 2014

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

He should have shrugged

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

that crank energy generation thing is a pretty good point haha

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Man I love threads where we hate stuff.

gently caress you Supermen.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
at least he has actual superpowers unlike batman

how does batman even qualify as a superhero anyway?

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Bro, have you even read any Superman?

gnarlyhotep posted:

I am so close to gassing this

Yeah but I'm much closer to actually replying in it OOOOHHHH WAIT!!! I JUST DID!!!

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

XMNN posted:

at least he has actual superpowers unlike batman

how does batman even qualify as a superhero anyway?

Batman is rich, smart and prepared for anything, Superman has a bitching invulnerable bod. If you could somehow switch their bodies (with red kryptonite, what else?) you'd end up with the smartest invulnerable immortal in the world and a slightly dim billionaire with rock solid ethics. I know which one I'd prefer to be.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SunAndSpring posted:

All-Star Superman is pretty good. I don't care for the hero much otherwise.

Lex Luthor having an existential freakout at the end of rear end is one of the greatest moments in any superhero movie.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Is superman actually immortal too?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

i cant believe anyone pays a dollar for anything superman related, he's the worst character in the american canon. hes got like no personality beyond boy scout, and his powers are whatever some dumbass writer wants him to have and hes totally invulnerable except when there's kryptonite which youd think wouldnt come up very often because its a rock from a planet on the other side of the god drat galaxy but everyone and their dog has a personal stash of kryptonite because when thats the only out you build in youve gotta milk it for all its worth. theyre still making superman movies? let me guess, clark kent sees something happen, disappears, rips off his shirt, and fights it til the problem is resolved. then lex luthor comes over and hes like "gently caress off superman ive got this kryptonite swastika, it works double because you're basically a jewish god" and superman is like "ah gently caress, my powers" but then hes able to trick lex luthor into destroying the kryptonite and kicks his rear end. is that the long and short of it? god drat, i need to call up dc and get on that gravy train. aquaman is literally cooler than superman.

This but unironicly. Superman blows for these legit reasons.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

um superman singlehandedly won us a little thing called WORLD WAR TWO maybe you've heard of it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujE2pTiqFXc

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

drat dude trap sprung you got me is it big setpiece stuff or like close up card magic?

I dont' know but it's the reason why there was a cartoon where he got the poo poo kicked out of him by a midget wearing a bowler voiced by gilbert gottfried

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

proof of concept posted:

um superman singlehandedly won us a little thing called WORLD WAR TWO maybe you've heard of it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujE2pTiqFXc

Fleisher's animation is so awesome. Good supermaning.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Moon Knight rules

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

truth justice and/or the american way

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

superman should torture folks is what im sayin

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Superman is the most boring bland garbage, like i'd rather watch the silver surfers movies or the settings menu on my screen.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
LOL if you are still reading comic books in this TYOOL 2014.

get a loving television or a smart phone you nerd.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Old school Superman was pretty cool, before they turned him in to a literal god
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb8iYqIVBzQ

Superman's main power nowadays consists of trying harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Now do star trek. Men in tights flying along with a shoddy spaceship being space detectives.
Please keep this thread for criticism only.

• Locked thread