Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Cnut the Great posted:

palpy's just havin fun, having a good time. his enthusiasm's infectious, honestly i was rooting for him the whole time. he's the only one enjoying the star wars

Yeah, it's like that movie where some guy's car is stolen and he steals the car of the guys who stole his car and kills his way across town until he finds the guys who stole his car. You can't help but root for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Ragtime Cthulhu posted:

Yeah, it's like that movie where some guy's car is stolen and he steals the car of the guys who stole his car and kills his way across town until he finds the guys who stole his car. You can't help but root for him.

John Wick was a pretty good movie tho im a big fan of the keanu reeves

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i watched all the prequels in a row on cable tv in the hospital last year and decided that the best prequel is the one with the really happy ending/credits music, odds are 50/50 it was phantom menace idk i was on a morphine drip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHJBiYvyzWg smd haters

seriously it makes a good case for how great the old republic was which puts much perspective on the rest of the films to follow Episode I.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 16, 2014

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Zippy the Bummer posted:

why didnt obi wan and qua gon just kill everyone on board the trade fed ship? just slice through/laser block all the droids and murder the alien dudes boom its over

why didn't they just go home, renounce their dumb loving vows of celibacy, and start banging chicks left and right. like, i mean, come on, liam neeson and ewan macgregor, they're pretty attractive dudes. they could get laid no problem. it's a no-brainer, really

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Seems unlikely that there can only ever be two bad guys when the good guys turn bad whenever they have the slightest bit of emotion or get laid or whatever.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Lord of Pie posted:

Seems unlikely that there can only ever be two bad guys when the good guys turn bad whenever they have the slightest bit of emotion or get laid or whatever.

lucas is an autist hth

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Top City Homo posted:

lucas is an autist hth

quote:

Padme: We used to come here for school retreat. We would swim to that island every day. I love the water. We used to lie out on the sand and let the sun dry us and try to guess the names of the birds singing.

Anakin: I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth.

Yep.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

lucas is an autist hth

Welcome to 1983, when George Lucas reacts with astonishment when his life leaves him for another man after he ditched said wife and their baby daughter to obsess over minor details in filming RotJ on the opposite side of the world.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Ragtime Cthulhu posted:

Welcome to 1983, when George Lucas reacts with astonishment when his life leaves him for another man after he ditched said wife and their baby daughter to obsess over minor details in filming RotJ on the opposite side of the world.

he traded up

HONK HONK

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Cnut the Great posted:

he traded up

HONK HONK

And she traded down.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Cnut the Great posted:

he traded up

HONK HONK

i wonder if he ties her up and puts a collar on her and calls her a n whore

based on jar jar binks i think the answer is yes

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
pretty sure the only reason g.l. married her is so he could point to his black wife as evidence that he's not racist

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Cnut the Great posted:

pretty sure the only reason g.l. married her is so he could point to his black wife as evidence that he's not racist

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Zippy the Bummer posted:

why did Padme know how to fight passably well? she was only 14

why did she have a loving gun in the armrest of her throne, is naboo super dangerous and full of assassins all the time
she had two in there, one for her and one for a friend!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

That was a pretty brutal insult, if you remember forums poster ASpoonfulofBromide and their awesome posting career

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

why was padme elected queen of naboo at 14 :stare:

The whole of society in the year "long time ago" were complete idiots.Goofy rear end Obi Wan couldn't figure out how a planet could possibly not show on one of th hologram cubes and it took a classroom full of kids saying "maybe somebody erased it" before the lightbulb went on over his idiot head.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Harime Nui posted:

That was a pretty brutal insult, if you remember forums poster ASpoonfulofBromide and their awesome posting career

I know, right? I'm devastated.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

why was padme elected queen of naboo at 14 :stare:

Tsukino Usagi became Sailor Moon at 14. 14 is the magic age when a woman becomes ready to rule the universe.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me
I always thought the story in revenge of the sith was really stupid. Why would anakin have any reason to suspect padme would die for any reason let alone childbirth? And don't give me that 'dream premonition' bullshit, that's the laziest writing i've ever heard of.

Good writing should reflect the times. If Anakin were paranoid that padme was going to cuck him, it would have been far more believable, and given his character, it would have even drawn parallels between him and elliot rodgers. Imagine if the space opera scene where palpatine first starts to corrupt him, he handed him a book on dating advice.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
haha but no seriously, it's maybe hosed up that I wanted Natalie Portman like bowzers when I was 11 and she was 14 and it's unchanged now I'm 27 and she's whatever

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

You've got to admit though, the story I just made up is literally more believable and makes more sense than the actual movie. Not only that but Anakin would have been more sympathetic.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Harime Nui posted:

haha but no seriously, it's maybe hosed up that I wanted Natalie Portman like bowzers when I was 11 and she was 14 and it's unchanged now I'm 27 and she's whatever

she's still 14 you pedo

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

eternalname posted:

I always thought the story in revenge of the sith was really stupid. Why would anakin have any reason to suspect padme would die for any reason let alone childbirth? And don't give me that 'dream premonition' bullshit, that's the laziest writing i've ever heard of.

Good writing should reflect the times. If Anakin were paranoid that padme was going to cuck him, it would have been far more believable, and given his character, it would have even drawn parallels between him and elliot rodgers. Imagine if the space opera scene where palpatine first starts to corrupt him, he handed him a book on dating advice.

palpatine introduces anakin to the red pill

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

eternalname posted:

You've got to admit though, the story I just made up is literally more believable and makes more sense than the actual movie. Not only that but Anakin would have been more sympathetic.

i think it would have been better in this situation if obi wan and padme had a thing then, b/c as it stands the virgin (obi wan) defeated the sex-haver (anakin) in rots.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

i think it would have been better in this situation if obi wan and padme had a thing then, b/c as it stands the virgin (obi wan) defeated the sex-haver (anakin) in rots.

It's because Anakin was draining his vital male power while Obi-Wan stayed strong.......

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Cnut the Great posted:

actually it's because of a rather well known fact: black don't crack

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

ZombieParts posted:

The whole of society in the year "long time ago" were complete idiots.Goofy rear end Obi Wan couldn't figure out how a planet could possibly not show on one of th hologram cubes and it took a classroom full of kids saying "maybe somebody erased it" before the lightbulb went on over his idiot head.

Tutored by this man and his love of making shitfaced decisions

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

actually, the clone wars cartoon revealed that when obi-wan was a teenager he used to be banging this hot blond MILF (mandalorian i'd like to gently caress)

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
why ddid padme die in labor while onboard a starship with a autonomous robot midwife in a society where rapid interstellar travel and gigantic magical machines exist

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Cnut the Great posted:

actually, the clone wars cartoon revealed that when obi-wan was a teenager he used to be banging this hot blond MILF (mandalorian i'd like to gently caress)

i only believe star wars information that is cited from the OFFICIAL star wars wikia

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
why didnt obi wan or anakin use the force to just smash general grevious into a billion pieces, instantly, while he was just shuffling around all hunched over like an old man

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
why don't lightsabers exist i mean really it's not fair

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Cnut the Great posted:

he traded up

HONK HONK

I can see daylight between his shirt and that neck; I wonder if she's whipping him into shape?

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I can see daylight between his shirt and that neck; I wonder if she's whipping him into shape?

Literal whipping, I'm sure.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Im sure she loves him for his personality and charm

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

Zippy the Bummer posted:

why ddid padme die in labor while onboard a starship with a autonomous robot midwife in a society where rapid interstellar travel and gigantic magical machines exist

she died of a broken heart

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

eternalname posted:

she died of a broken heart

doctor droids can't fix a broken heart, man...it's,...it's just not in their proramming....

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
the best line in all of star wars is UNLIIIIIIIIMITED POWEEEEEERRRRRRRR

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Harime Nui posted:

Tsukino Usagi became Sailor Moon at 14. 14 is the magic age when a woman becomes ready to rule the universe.

She's also a soldier so the "Padme is a magic anime girl" explanation works best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

redshirt posted:

It's a good Star Wars movie

yeah so its a bad movie

• Locked thread