Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Cnut the Great posted:

doctor droids can't fix a broken heart, man...it's,...it's just not in their proramming....

im sure heart transplants were a thing a long, long time ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
*is hyped for darth maul*

*dude has like one line*

*dies*

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

someone should edit the prequels and add in a laugh track after every dialogue scene like in the plinkett reviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhi6qqFLA&t=468s

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

ThePutty posted:

someone should edit the prequels and add in a laugh track after every dialogue scene like in the plinkett reviews

that makes me think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS_FREUNrME

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

ThePutty posted:

alternatively you could just make a video the length of the prequels and loop a laugh track for the entire 7 hours or however long with the video background set to jarjar plowing padme

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Alan Smithee posted:

*dude has like one line*

*dies*

I have his cup tho

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Zippy the Bummer posted:

why ddid padme die in labor while onboard a starship with a autonomous robot midwife in a society where rapid interstellar travel and gigantic magical machines exist

lucas hates women hth

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
why didnt anakin and obi wan use the force to make those dinky little handcuffs just pop off

why didnt obi wan use the force to levitate himself out of the reactor tunnel thing and also grab his lightsaber, a few scenes prior he uses the force to jump hundreds of feet into the air

why does yoda have so much trouble stopping those chair discs the emperor throws at him? in the second movie he easily lifts and moves house-sized rocks with his mind

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I've not seen the old star wars movies, only the 3 new ones.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
i often wonder if palpatine just confused the jews with the jedis

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

Jewdis.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
To prove the OP's point: The best thing about Star Wars is Palpatine/Sidious/The Emperor.

The story is about him, after all.

TPM features Palpatine more than any other movie, by far.

Ergo, the best Star Wars movie.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yoda was Yiddish

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

i often wonder if palastine just confused the jews with the jedis

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

redshirt posted:

To prove the OP's point: The best thing about Star Wars is Palpatine/Sidious/The Emperor.

The story is about him, after all.

TPM features Palpatine more than any other movie, by far.

Ergo, the best Star Wars movie.

dude that's not true at all. palpatine is obviously featured in ep 3 like way more

for a star wars fan that sure is a big oversight for you to make

Zippy the Bummer posted:

why didnt anakin and obi wan use the force to make those dinky little handcuffs just pop off

why didnt obi wan use the force to levitate himself out of the reactor tunnel thing and also grab his lightsaber, a few scenes prior he uses the force to jump hundreds of feet into the air

why does yoda have so much trouble stopping those chair discs the emperor throws at him? in the second movie he easily lifts and moves house-sized rocks with his mind

this is true in teh old movies too tho

why didn't darth vader just immediately choke luke to death with his mind before he blew up the death star i mean really

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cnut the Great posted:

dude that's not true at all. palpatine is obviously featured in ep 3 like way more

for a star wars fan that sure is a big oversight for you to make

Hmm, I'm not sure that's true. Is there a website where some nerd has already answered this?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

redshirt posted:

Hmm, I'm not sure that's true. Is there a website where some nerd has already answered this?

idk dude all i know is that palpatine's basically in the beginning as a hologram a few times, then he's there for teh politics parts, then he shows up at the end for a second

in ep 3 he's in like every scene

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cnut the Great posted:

idk dude all i know is that palpatine's basically in the beginning as a hologram a few times, then he's there for teh politics parts, then he shows up at the end for a second

in ep 3 he's in like every scene

Hmm. You may be right.

Well, TPM has the coolest Palpatine stuff then.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

eternalname posted:

Good writing should reflect the times. If Anakin were paranoid that padme was going to cuck him, it would have been far more believable, and given his character, it would have even drawn parallels between him and elliot rodgers. Imagine if the space opera scene where palpatine first starts to corrupt him, he handed him a book on dating advice.

In the ROTS novelization, on top of Anakin having the dumb dream premonition of Padme dying of something that should be a complete non-issue in sci fi space magic land, he totally suspects that she is cucking him and Obi-Wan is the twins' dad.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Moose King posted:

In the ROTS novelization, on top of Anakin having the dumb dream premonition of Padme dying of something that should be a complete non-issue in sci fi space magic land, he totally suspects that she is cucking him with Obi-Wan.

ROTS novelization is amazing and should be read by every Star Wars fan. It's way better than the movie.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

redshirt posted:

ROTS novelization is amazing and should be read by every Star Wars fan. It's way better than the movie.

if it really has a cucking subplot it can't possibly be

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cnut the Great posted:

if it really has a cucking subplot it can't possibly be

It's not real, Obi Wan makes no moves on Padme whatsoever. But Palpatine puts the idea in Anakin's head and you can tell it's a factor in all that goes down at the end.

It's still hinted at in the movies, with Anakin's visit with Padme after killing a bunch of Jedi (not a spot of blood!).

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Cnut the Great posted:

this is true in teh old movies too tho

why didn't darth vader just immediately choke luke to death with his mind before he blew up the death star i mean really

whoa.....

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

redshirt posted:

It's not real, Obi Wan makes no moves on Padme whatsoever. But Palpatine puts the idea in Anakin's head and you can tell it's a factor in all that goes down at the end.

It's still hinted at in the movies, with Anakin's visit with Padme after killing a bunch of Jedi (not a spot of blood!).

oh yeah i know all that, but it's still overkill and doesn't really add anything to the story IMO

it was a good idea to cut most of it from the movie

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

*dude has like one line*

*dies*

The best part about seeing the actor that played Maul do a weird show in Disney World was hearing him talk about how nervous that line made him.

So... Who knows what account he posts under?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

inkmoth posted:

The best part about seeing the actor that played Maul do a weird show in Disney World was hearing him talk about how nervous that line made him.

So... Who knows what account he posts under?

goes by the name inkmouth

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

goes by the name inkmouth

ur sig is trash please change it

seth balderston
Jan 11, 2012

sade

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Hey that's cool good for him.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Why did Anakin stayed on Mustafa after slaughtering everyone there?

Why did Padme go to Mustafa to argue with Anakin? How did she know he was going to stay there for a while? What if Anakin had to book it elsewhere to do his evil sith deeds and Padme arrived at Mustafa? This is like going to Afghanistan to slaughter important people there and then your wife flies there to argue with you about how you've been a bad boy lately. Why? Why? WHY?

Why didn't Padme just wait for Anakin to come home and THEN argue with him?

Why the gently caress would Anakin try to jump over Obi Wang Kenobi? Why not just run up to him? Why?

Why did Anakin choked his wife? I get it you are angry and all sithy, but did you have to choke your wife like that? Not evem trailer trash wife beaters choke their wives like that. Punch them, yes, throw things at them, yes, but not choke them.

How did Obi wan and Padme betrayed Anakin? Why are the Jedi are evil according to Anakin's view? Wan't he motivated by the power of the dark side to save his wife? So why does he care who is good or bad? Why?

Why the gently caress Obi wan have no problem working with a clone army cloned after an assassin that tried to kill him and Padme? Why?

Why didn't the clone gunship just shoot oval office Dookie's speeder with the pew pew laser instead of missiles?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

burritolingus posted:

Hey that's cool good for him.

it turns out george lucas has a healthy sense of humor and doens't care if people make fun of him

he just doens't like angry nerds

he sounds like a cool guy lol

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Hingehead posted:

Why did Anakin stayed on Mustafa after slaughtering everyone there?

Why did Padme go to Mustafa to argue with Anakin? How did she know he was going to stay there for a while? What if Anakin had to book it elsewhere to do his evil sith deeds and Padme arrived at Mustafa? This is like going to Afghanistan to slaughter important people there and then your wife flies there to argue with you about how you've been a bad boy lately. Why? Why? WHY?

Why didn't Padme just wait for Anakin to come home and THEN argue with him?

Why the gently caress would Anakin try to jump over Obi Wang Kenobi? Why not just run up to him? Why?

Why did Anakin choked his wife? I get it you are angry and all sithy, but did you have to choke your wife like that? Not evem trailer trash wife beaters choke their wives like that. Punch them, yes, throw things at them, yes, but not choke them.

How did Obi wan and Padme betrayed Anakin? Why are the Jedi are evil according to Anakin's view? Wan't he motivated by the power of the dark side to save his wife? So why does he care who is good or bad? Why?

Why the gently caress Obi wan have no problem working with a clone army cloned after an assassin that tried to kill him and Padme? Why?

Why didn't the clone gunship just shoot oval office Dookie's speeder with the pew pew laser instead of missiles?

it's because of the force dumbass

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
we should take george lucas and steven spielberg's billions and donate their moneys to NASA or SpaceX so we can return to having star wars

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Cnut the Great posted:

it's because of the force dumbass

I thought it was because of nanotech.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

RadioactiveKid posted:

I would have liked The Phantom Menace if it had more pod racing in it. It was the most exciting bit of the movie, and the Episode One Pod Racer game that came out was hella rad

yeah ppl always pan the pod racing scenes but i kinda liked them alot at least as a kid

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

we should take george lucas and steven spielberg's billions and donate their moneys to NASA or SpaceX so we can return to having star wars

Reagan tried to give us a Star War and gay liberals hate him for it

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

1. Return of the Jedi is objectively the best star wars because it has the biggest and best space battle. Also the speeder bike part was rad and it has a good light saber fight. Ewoks dumb but who cares, the scenes with Jabba and the rancor are pretty sweet.

2. New Hope is good, space battle was pretty dope. Infiltrating a space station, lots of stormtroopers, i can dig it. No speeder bike scene but the trench run is pretty close.

3. Empire doesn't really have a space battle so it's worse than the first but is still better than Phantom because the Hoth scene and it's mostly Han loving around with the Falcon which is ok. Best light saber battle though.

4. Phantom has the best speeder bike scene but the space battle is lame and further ruined by the kid. Light saber scene is flashy but kinda stupid.

5. The third prequel had a big land battle scene I seem to recall, but it was just a steaming mess. All the light saber poo poo was awful and jesus now I'm remember the yoda fight which is really terrible and dumb. Was there even a space battle? No speeder bike, instead we get a dumb lizard. Bad movie.

6. I don't remember the second prequel's name or anything else besides the extremely terrible romantic scene and I think sand people kill Anakin's mom in it. Obi-Wan is in it too but I don't remember what he was doing but he was really stupid and completely boring. That said I do remember laughing out loud in the theater at the embarrassingly awful love scene and it really upset some fat woman sitting a few rows ahead of me and she would glare at me which was kinda funny so maybe I'd rank it higher than the third prequel.

Really none of the other movies actually come close to being as good as Return of the Jedi but the other originals are still fun. Phantom, while being mostly bad and boring, was so much better than the other two prequels. I mean you can disagree with me and all but if you're watching a movie called Star Wars and you think the movie with the character development is better than the one with super star destroyers I'll think you're pretty dumb.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Dogmeat posted:

1. Return of the Jedi is objectively the best star wars because it has the biggest and best space battle. Also the speeder bike part was rad and it has a good light saber fight. Ewoks dumb but who cares, the scenes with Jabba and the rancor are pretty sweet.

2. New Hope is good, space battle was pretty dope. Infiltrating a space station, lots of stormtroopers, i can dig it. No speeder bike scene but the trench run is pretty close.

3. Empire doesn't really have a space battle so it's worse than the first but is still better than Phantom because the Hoth scene and it's mostly Han loving around with the Falcon which is ok. Best light saber battle though.

4. Phantom has the best speeder bike scene but the space battle is lame and further ruined by the kid. Light saber scene is flashy but kinda stupid.

5. The third prequel had a big land battle scene I seem to recall, but it was just a steaming mess. All the light saber poo poo was awful and jesus now I'm remember the yoda fight which is really terrible and dumb. Was there even a space battle? No speeder bike, instead we get a dumb lizard. Bad movie.

6. I don't remember the second prequel's name or anything else besides the extremely terrible romantic scene and I think sand people kill Anakin's mom in it. Obi-Wan is in it too but I don't remember what he was doing but he was really stupid and completely boring. That said I do remember laughing out loud in the theater at the embarrassingly awful love scene and it really upset some fat woman sitting a few rows ahead of me and she would glare at me which was kinda funny so maybe I'd rank it higher than the third prequel.

Really none of the other movies actually come close to being as good as Return of the Jedi but the other originals are still really fun. Phantom, while being mostly bad and boring, was so much better than the other two prequels. I mean you can disagree with me and all but if you're watching a movie called Star Wars and you think the movie with the character development is better than the one with super star destroyers I'll think you're pretty dumb.

you have a lot of really terrible opinions, dont ya?

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

you have a lot of really terrible opinions, dont ya?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ZcX1JNju4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

redshirt posted:

Yeah, it was. Vader being a split personality really was cool.

• Locked thread