Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!
http://youtu.be/TBU-rHyyPL4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery

isn't this the guy that's still holding on to a grudge that goes all the way back to middle or high school

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stewart Lee is GBS 1.0 as gently caress

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Guancho posted:

isn't this the guy that's still holding on to a grudge that goes all the way back to middle or high school

i love that people still watch this bit and fail to get the point of the bit entirely

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
I was talking with some guys I work with one morning and one guy said he prefers Top Gear on the history channel over the BBC one because he hates James May.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i have been watching top gear thx to this thread thx thread

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

FullLeatherJacket posted:

i love that people still watch this bit and fail to get the point of the bit entirely

okay then, what's the point of the bit?

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

US top gear is the best I can't get enough of that guy from jersey

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Chatterbox posted:

I always kinda felt bad for Hammond, you know just because he is so short, and both James and Jezza are 6 ft or over, depending on their shoes at the time.

And he is also brain damaged now.

He came back after his accident, but not really. It is more like he is playing the Hammond character people have shown him on old Top Gear episodes.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Guancho posted:

okay then, what's the point of the bit?

it's a big fake story where everyone in the audience is in on the fact that it's a big fake story (and if you're not, he stops half-way through to shout "NONE OF THIS EVER HAPPENED" at the audience before continuing on) because everyone who goes to see Stewart Lee is a comedy hipster who wants to see him deconstruct the artform as the punchline and not perform actual jokes

the whole "three levels removed from a funny thing" concept is largely only people with goons and broadsheet journalists, but it's equally hilarious that people are able to watch him and be willing to take it at face value

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

it's a big fake story where everyone in the audience is in on the fact that it's a big fake story (and if you're not, he stops half-way through to shout "NONE OF THIS EVER HAPPENED" at the audience before continuing on) because everyone who goes to see Stewart Lee is a comedy hipster who wants to see him deconstruct the artform as the punchline and not perform actual jokes

the whole "three levels removed from a funny thing" concept is largely only people with goons and broadsheet journalists, but it's equally hilarious that people are able to watch him and be willing to take it at face value

so, he's post-modernist trash for people who like feeling intelligent

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

ah okay. I've never heard of him except for the whole Richard Hammond thing

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Eelface posted:

US top gear is the best I can't get enough of that guy from jersey

I feel like that show should be good but I never watch it really

there are decades of lovely US cars to be made fun of

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Triple A posted:

so, he's post-modernist trash for people who like feeling intelligent

the last show of his I saw opened with five full minutes of him running around in circles on stage and loving with his mic stand to uproarious laughter from the audience because it's just like what a comedian poor people watch would do, but he's doing it ironically

it's one of my favourite shows, A++++

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

loving hell, didn't know who this was until now. I just want to cave his face in. He could be talking about the miracle of one man saving 200 disabled children from a terrorist attack, and how he lost his entire family to cancer, and I'd STILL WANT TO PUNCH HIS loving FACE IN. JESUS gently caress. This is in my top 3 of most offensive things I have seen on the internet. He is about as funny as being repeatedly kicked in the balls whilst being forced to watch re-runs of Eldorado.

Chatterbox posted:

I always kinda felt bad for Hammond, you know just because he is so short, and both James and Jezza are 6 ft or over, depending on their shoes at the time.

I think Clarkson is like 6 foot 5....Hammond is only 5 foot 6....so nearly a foot difference....jeez.

EDIT: They are, so I guess that's part of the gag. Hammond's wife is mildy fuckable, and Clarkson's...is definitely not.

NihilismNow posted:

And he is also brain damaged now.

He came back after his accident, but not really. It is more like he is playing the Hammond character people have shown him on old Top Gear episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui5eUpF3iQQ = proclick if you haven't seen it....only 1min 14

spud fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 17, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

so yeah, he's dumb gbs 1.0 trash

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

stewart lee is really good actually

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whorelord posted:

stewart lee is really good actually

Prove it.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

spud posted:

Prove it.

prove that he's not

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
james may remains sagely above the squabbling fray of hammond and clarkson

heh james may mate you've got a slow car there, and you like to drive slow don't you?!?!

oh, OK yeah

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Whorelord posted:

prove that he's not

you made the assertion so the burden of proof is on you

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whorelord posted:

prove that he's not

The piece of poo poo that was just linked that made me want to cave his face in you loving retard.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

you made the assertion so the burden of proof is on you

nu-uh

quote:

The piece of poo poo that was just linked that made me want to cave his face in you loving retard.

i found it really funny so i guess we're at an impasse

it's a good skewering of how people whine about political correctness but still find things offensive otherwise

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 18, 2014

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

Whorelord posted:

nu-uh

i found it really funny so i guess we're at an impasse

it's a good skewering of how people whine about political correctness but still find things offensive otherwise

it's really lovely and really unfunny fyi hth

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Guancho posted:

it's really lovely and really unfunny fyi hth

sorry, but i disagree

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

spud posted:

I think the challenge was for a good cause, the issue I had was his adult kids calling him "Daddy"

This is normal with posh/upperclass people. I had a customer who wanted a repair done on a guitar, when I finished it the guy picked it up and said "Oh this is lovely! Daddy will be ever so pleased". This guy was easily in his mid-40's. It creeped me out.

I've also met Stewart Lee and he's not as smug in person. He walked into me around Bath and we ended up chatting about Alan Moore for 5 minutes. True story.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines
So, how many times have you seen this shirt? :allears:

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

i wish richard hammond had died in that accident and killed the other two as well

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Halah posted:

So, how many times have you seen this shirt? :allears:

Shirts from his engineering show are not canon

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

David Copperfield posted:

Shirts from his engineering show are not canon

OK

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whorelord posted:

sorry, but i disagree

This is rare for me to say, but please kill yourself, you are either a sjw, a retard, or both.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

spud posted:

This is rare for me to say, but please kill yourself, you are either a sjw, a retard, or both.

lol bit of an overreaction tbh

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

like it's actually funny how mad you are about a comedian

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm not mad, just disappointed. Also you called him a "comedian". Usually you need to present some form of comedy to be called that.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

spud posted:

I'm not mad, just disappointed. Also you called him a "comedian". Usually you need to present some form of comedy to be called that.

he's been involved in making comedy since the 90s, sometimes alongside other noted comedy writers such as armando iannuci and chris morris so i'm guessing that's pretty self-evident

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whorelord posted:

he's been involved in making comedy since the 90s, sometimes alongside other noted comedy writers such as armando iannuci and chris morris so i'm guessing that's pretty self-evident

Yeah I know you love him, but he isn't funny. Also Guancho and ALL-PROSEXMAN agree with me.

Anyway, we have poo poo up this thread so mods, please could you probate us both.

Tia.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
oh calm down, take a pill chill

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

gnarlyhotep posted:

oh calm down, take a pill chill

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
you guys that hate stewart lee should at least be aware that he's 100% deliberately trying to be an unfunny, narcissistic and pretentious rear end in a top hat character

you shoudl also watch comedy vehicle season 3 because it's probably the best one yet, his UKIP bit is brilliant, drags on too long and becomes unfunny, becomes funny because it's dragged out so long and then gets all weird and surreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Concatenation posted:

you guys that hate stewart lee should at least be aware that he's 100% deliberately trying to be an unfunny, narcissistic and pretentious rear end in a top hat character

he's very convincing, in fact he's so convincing that I don't believe you

• Locked thread