Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Is it sitting in a jar in some cathedral as a holy relic? Did Mary toss it to the ravens so Jesus would have prophetic visions, the way the Kwakiutl do?

The Malaysian Orang Asli regard the placenta as the baby's older sibling. Was James, brother of Jesus, actually Jesus's placenta?

Did Mary eat it?

Were the gifts of the Magi not actually gifts, but payment for 1/3rd of a placenta each as the Three Wise Men were just blazed out of their gourds while strolling through town and happened upon a barn where some teenage chick was giving birth and Melchior was like "fuckin, let's buy this bitch's placenta" and Balthazar was like "ha ha no way" and Caspar was all "check it, these Jews will sell anything" and he was totally right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

dried, snorted, got high on god, amen

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
Holiday tips for making your Nativity scene more anatomically correct

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
his cord blood stem cells could heal the sick, raise the dead, get you high. as. gently caress.

You ever shot the blood of christ man

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Joseph ate the placenta

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

They wouldn't waste such a valuable resource back in the bible days. And it makes sense because like 80 churches claimed to have Jesus' foreskin as a holy relic. The only reason the Holy Placenta isn't spread across a hundred churches is because they ate that fucker.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
more importantly, did she stay a virgin after Jesus was born? If so Joseph is the biggest saint ever since he never got laid

if not, was there a hymen to break after she gave birth without having banged before? How did he know she was a virgin if not?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
LOL OP there never was a placenta. You really think your man jesus would ever get tied to a woman? also, jesus is wireless

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

she probably turned it into an artisanal jam or chutney or gave it to sandra lee who shoved it into the middle of a pre-banked angel food cake and said hey here's a cake for all the holiday jews celebrate instead of the good one

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Apparently it's really good for your hair.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
She made a bloody mary

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Joseph, like the good cuck he was, ate the placenta made by his wife and the superior man (god)

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Joseph, like the good cuck he was, ate the placenta made by his wife and the superior man (god)

probably made to eat his own spoof too.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

LOL OP there never was a placenta. You really think your man jesus would ever get tied to a woman? also, jesus is wireless

I wondered when jesus would get around to posting

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
What would happen of you went back in time and killed baby Jesus. Would we all burn in hell. Would people currently in heaven get ripped out since Jesus never got to die for their sins. Heavy stuff

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
she made a nice dish out of it. found a receipe in a tumblr blog.

a holy dish it sure was.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

What would happen of you went back in time and killed baby Jesus. Would we all burn in hell. Would people currently in heaven get ripped out since Jesus never got to die for their sins. Heavy stuff

poo poo, man

thats hosed up

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I'm willing to be that somewhere, there is a church that has what it claims to be placenta of "Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ" (TM)

After all, I have the blood of Saint Januarius in a bottle on a shelf in my house.

The reliquary, holding the most holy relic

The relic itself!

Obvious dried blood!

Becoming liquid!

A miracle has occurred! Once again, the blood flows!

So, yeah, somewhere a church has some beef jerky on display that they say is Jesus' placenta.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
so hungry for some jerky right now

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Secks Cauldron posted:

Apparently it's really good for your hair.

They say that about all kinds of gross things. Probably all starts out as some kind of drunken bet turned marketing idea

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IozYbWIiycQ

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

gnarlyhotep posted:

I wondered when jesus would get around to posting

I'm glad Jesus is here, and posting with a fresh avatar that lets me know he is with the times and understands my generation.

AddMEonFacebook
Dec 3, 2012

by Cowcaster
I don't think she ate it, but they might have fed it to the animals, who then became blessed among animals.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Gonna write a novel where Mary becomes a sex crazed drug addict after the Virgin Birth.

oak meadows
Aug 9, 2014

With each post I strive to improve my technique
The placenta is trash

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

can't happen. jesus was a fictional character hth

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Gotta feed that protein pack to baby Jesus if you want him to get jacked an make sweet gain, brah!

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

can't happen. jesus was a fictional character hth

By what definition? More people know about him than about all of us out together. After you've died, and the impact your life has made upon the world has faded into the background noise such that there is no real difference between this universe and another where you never existed, people will still be talking about Jesus. So who's real now?

Besides, to answer the other guy, if you go back in time to kill Jesus you'll probably fail through a bunch of hilarious screwups and then finally get the chance when some guys have nailed him to some wood and you stab him with a spear. Or you can manage it by impersonating the Roman governor guy and ordering his death, or impersonating Judas and betraying Jesus. And it turns out it was meant to happen all along. And seeing as how he's meant to die for sins or whatever the weird metaphysical crap is, if you somehow manage it earlier it won't change much, he still dies for sins.

What you'd have to do to break the prophesy is go back in time and save Jesus, say by using modern medical technology. Bring along a bunch of plasma, drugs and antibiotics. IV lines and saline. Can you fit a heart rate monitor in your time machine? Anyway, dope him up with painkillers and anti-coagulants before he gets nailed up. Surreptitiously give him a sedative that makes him appear dead so they take him down (also be the guy who stabs him with a spear, which is a fake spear with a blood pack in the tip). Hide in the cave where they put him, with all your medical equipment hidden under a rug. Revive him and keep him sedated over the weekend to recover. By saving Jesus, you'll definitely be condemning everyone to hell, as there's no way the stories will be able to account for him miraculously being alive a few days later!

Edit: and yes, when you go back in time to save/murder/observe Jesus, it turns out that literally every person in Jerusalem around that time is a time traveler from different points in the future who've impersonated the original populace.

IronClaymore fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 15, 2014

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
A lot of churches claimed to have Baby Jesus' foreskin so I'm sure one of them has the placenta

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I find pubes on the toilet that are not mine, are they Jesus' pubes? Because really there's no other solution.

richardm
Jul 15, 2004

IronClaymore posted:

By what definition? More people know about him than about all of us out together. After you've died, and the impact your life has made upon the world has faded into the background noise such that there is no real difference between this universe and another where you never existed, people will still be talking about Jesus. So who's real now?

The trouble with that argument is that you could say the same thing about Harry Potter.

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!
Sherlock Holmes is totes a real guy, I mean everyone's heard of him

Come to think of it, there's no rule in the bible that states what to do with the placenta

Trochanter fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 15, 2014

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Zeus is real

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

jackyl posted:

more importantly, did she stay a virgin after Jesus was born? If so Joseph is the biggest saint ever since he never got laid

if not, was there a hymen to break after she gave birth without having banged before? How did he know she was a virgin if not?

nobody agrees on this although most people who think mary remained a vigin also think she was josephs second wife, so he prob did get laid at some point

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

IronClaymore posted:

Someone ought to inform Disney that Mickey Mouse is a real person now.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

perhaps you are wondering why the communion wafer represents jesus' flesh

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I don't know OP, but "The Immaculate Afterbirth" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i thought the placenta became the rings of jupiter. i know something related to jesus being born became the rings of jupiter

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I remember during catequesis I had to fill some crossword and one word was "Mary was also ________ mother" and I put "natural" because it fit and I remembered Jesus having half-brothers in the Bible somewhere, and thought "man, at least one of the questions in this thing is meant to make you learn something about the bible" but no, it was "our" (nuestra, it makes sense in spanish). I was already an atheist at that point and doing the catequesis to please my mother because "you're supposed to do it", but I thought it was a bum out.
I enjoyed singing the church songs though, still do whenever I accompany my elderly mother to some procession. Funny thing is I'm usually the only person singing in a large area of the church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!
Since there's a lot of official speculation about the Holy Womb and not much about the person that owns it, I submit that Mary was a jerk and a lousy mother who really liked baba ganoush, please join my religion

E: she also had a big rear end

Trochanter fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 15, 2014

• Locked thread