Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i could probably get another monitor just for running mp3 visualizations that would use fewer watts than the 40 watt bulb in that lava lamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
it is the right way

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

1gnoirents posted:

INCORRECT, visualizations consume significant GPU and CPU power - and thus energy, through constant mathematical calculations and rendering real time! On top of the wattage used by the extra monitor! I hope you feel dumb!!! Buy a lava lamp
i have an entire computer that uses like 15 watts under load and a monitor that has an energy star sticker on it

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Three-Phase posted:

Those new LED light bulbs won't work in lava lamps. :smith:
omg would someone teach this dunderhead some science

• Locked thread