Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
this is what i made last time i cooked ramen noodles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Id rather have some beef broth w some scallions and rice in it with a touch of ginger

E: instead of regular maruchan ramen, that above my post looks good

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

this is what i made last time i cooked ramen noodles

where would someone buy those curly mystery discs that are always popping up in pics of japanese foods

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

where would someone buy those curly mystery discs that are always popping up in pics of japanese foods

Naruto.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

they have the Debian swirl on them, maybe they're pasta servers

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Just put any sort of protein and vegetable in ramen and you can convince yourself it's a reasonable meal. Egg and onion is cheapest, I think.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

boom boom boom posted:

Just put any sort of protein and vegetable in ramen and you can convince yourself it's a reasonable meal. Egg and onion is cheapest, I think.

Guys we got a genius over here, cant believe we went this many pages,without that suggestion. Close the thread

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

they're called narutomaki and they come in frozen sticks at yr friendly local asian market. i took a lovely picture of my ingredients, their the stick in the top left

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

they're called narutomaki and they come in frozen sticks at yr friendly local asian market. i took a lovely picture of my ingredients, their the stick in the top left

thanks dude im gonna try this out

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

just eat a onion straight up

you can do this with a good summer vidalia, just eat it like an apple

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
slurp it down really loving loud

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

thanks dude im gonna try this out

do it and then i wanna hear about it/see pictures

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

why is everyone so scared of salt?

I don't know.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
if u eat too much salt u shrivel up into a dusty mummy person iirc

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

red kidney beans + ramen is pretty good.

This sounds weird and wrong but also intrigues me.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Cubelodyte posted:

This sounds weird and wrong but also intrigues me.

If i were making red kidney beans with something, it would be rice.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
put ice cubes into ur ramen and eat immediately for an intriguing lukewarm noodle experience punctuated by moments of frosty surprise as u crunch into an ice cube

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

put ice cubes into ur ramen and eat immediately for an intriguing lukewarm noodle experience punctuated by moments of frosty surprise as u crunch into an ice cube

ur so gross

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

PUT VITAMINS IN THE BROTH!!!

Crack open a vitamin cap and put the insides into your ramen broth for a healthy, fast, go-to meal for the weekdays. GInkio Bilob. For the bits you don't finish, put it in the fridge for later.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

PUT VITAMINS IN THE BROTH!!!

Crack open a vitamin cap and put the insides into your ramen broth for a healthy, fast, go-to meal for the weekdays. For the bits you don't finish, put it in the fridge for later.

put gummy vitamins into the ramen before boiling to create a viscous sweet and salty noodle treat that is packed with nutrition

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i take back what i said about wanting ramen

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Get two packets of ramen, add both spice packets, a quarter stick of butter, a splash of your favorite habanero sauce, a sprinkle of sea salt, a gob of marmite, and four cups of water. Bring to a boil. Add an assload of decarbed weed and decarbed hash oil, then add ramen bricks. Boil for three minutes, stirring if desired. Pour in bowl and eat with a fork, like a loving American, god drat it. This recipe is exceptionally healthy for those suffering from hyponatremia, b-vitamin deficiency, anorexia, insomnia, and boredom.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Butter in ramen is p good

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I don't understand the 'put it in the fridge for later' meme.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

opus111 posted:

I don't understand the 'put it in the fridge for later' meme.

Its bc youre too fat to have leftovers hth

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Mix low fat mayonnaise, miracle whip or low fat ranch dressing into your ramen for a creamy delight! Anything left over just pop into the fridge or get extreme and put them in the freezer for ramen pops.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i like healthy raw men . i like to f*ck bearback. he'll yes

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
How loving fat are you goons that you worry about the measly 200something calories in a pack of ramen?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
ramen's pretty good but pho is pro

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Jesus Christ posted:

How loving fat are you goons that you worry about the measly 200something calories in a pack of ramen?

i think they mostly worry about the sodium..they scare

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004
I only eat ramen handmade by the finest quality weeaboo.

EAT THE MOTHERFUCKIN RAMEN.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

You ever have those black noodles served with ice in the broth you get in Korea?

I didn't hate them nearly as much as I thought I would.

Howard Beale posted:

ramen's pretty good but pho is pro

Real ramen is better than pho.

Packaged ramen is not great but just eat it you're not special.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I dunno what you guys do with the weird brick part. Like, I understand the packet part, and I've recently graduated from smoking to injecting it. But I have all these bricks kinda stacking up in my apartment because I'm scared to throw them out in case they're useful, but I don't know how to use them to get high.

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
Try plugging them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

put an onion in everything you cook

this but unironically (?)

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I dunno what you guys do with the weird brick part. Like, I understand the packet part, and I've recently graduated from smoking to injecting it. But I have all these bricks kinda stacking up in my apartment because I'm scared to throw them out in case they're useful, but I don't know how to use them to get high.

paper weights, doorstops, bookends, use them to prop up that coffee table with one short leg, that sort of thing

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

every goon acts like they never eat junk food and would never allow anything to touch their lips besides the healthiest broths or the leanest cuts of chicken with some broccoli on the side, its hilarious and pathetic

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Fister Roboto posted:

this but unironically (?)

nigga i don't post ironically when it comes to cooking food. some things are just too sacred

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fonzarelli posted:

every goon acts like they never eat junk food and would never allow anything to touch their lips besides the healthiest broths or the leanest cuts of chicken with some broccoli on the side, its hilarious and pathetic

• Locked thread