Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Needs More Ditka posted:

People keep using this word. What the hell is this word?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate_controversy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Needs More Ditka posted:

Drink heavilly.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

Needs More Ditka posted:

:nws:https://encyclopediadramatica.se/GamerGate:nws: take this with a grain of salt

Also not every pro-gamergate is an rear end in a top hat, just that the more vocal ones are terrible human beings.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

So nerds don't like girls. And we're all surprised by this, except for the people who aren't surprised by this. And this is controversial.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

WWE Discussion is apparently we're talking about spoony now for some reason?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sramaker posted:

Also not every pro-gamergate is an rear end in a top hat
i disagree

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster
That's only part of all of this controversy and that's what the media changed the focus of the problem to (that and a bunch of assholes did act terribly) but it's what it was about at first.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Needs More Ditka posted:

So nerds don't like girls. And we're all surprised by this, except for the people who aren't surprised by this. And this is controversial.

The takeaway from it is that 'nerds don't like women' has progressed to the point of multiple death threats including bomb threats to places the women were going to give speeches + multiple incidents of said nerds stalking the women to the point of showing up to their houses and places of work

Because they don't like what the women think about videogames

Sramaker posted:

That's only part of all of this controversy and that's what the media changed the focus of the problem to (that and a bunch of assholes did act terribly) but it's what it was about at first.

it started with a guy posting a giant screed here on sa about how awful his ex girlfriend was that was half lies and half exaggerations with the stated goal of ruining her life and career, so no it's always been about harassing women under the very flimsy screen of 'ethics in videogames'

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
If Eric Bischoff were still around he'd sign some indie wrestlers to wear gWo shirts and Buddy Holly glasses to follow around the Knockouts yelling drat SLUTS RUIN EVERYTHING! and instantly create cash.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Anyway wrestling's pretty okay sometimes and i need to remember to watch nxt when it airs more often

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Needs More Ditka posted:

If Eric Bischoff were still around he'd sign some indie wrestlers to wear gWo shirts and Buddy Holly glasses to follow around the Knockouts yelling drat SLUTS RUIN EVERYTHING! and instantly create cash.

this is a script from a tna weekly with russo in charge

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

Endorph posted:

i disagree

Well that's your opinion and i'll respect it.

I am not affiliated to Gamergate, i have been looking up stuff and i find gaming journalism could be improved from what it is now but i don't agree with harassing people.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

flatluigi posted:

The takeaway from it is that 'nerds don't like women' has progressed to the point of multiple death threats including bomb threats to places the women were going to give speeches + multiple incidents of said nerds stalking the women to the point of showing up to their houses and places of work

Because they don't like what the women think about videogames

After reading this I'm starting to actually give thought to all the Focus on the Family bullshit about video games ruining lives because Holy nerds Batman that is way too much caring about pixels reacting to buttons in a certain way as to simulate fun and social interaction.

edit: I say in a forum that constantly argues the merits of various steroid-ridden men and women pretending to beat each other up.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sramaker posted:

I am not affiliated to Gamergate, i have been looking up stuff and i find gaming journalism could be improved from what it is now but i don't agree with harassing people.

"Gaming journalism" isn't even really a thing, and it's also not what Gamergate was at all about.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sramaker posted:

you don't see anyone complain about major developers paying "lets play" videos for reviews that amount to commercials or paying for the scores themselves or anything else gently caress it just read this

http://www.somethingawful.com/video-game-article/good-ethics-journalism/

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 21, 2014

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster
I request to being banned please, i don't have to deal with people who got fooled by the media.

There's no problem with the gaming industry and related stuff? Fools.

I hate SA and wish i never wasted money to join a bunch of people like, i'm not replying to anything anymore.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hahahahahahahahaha jesus fuckin christ hahahahahhahahahahaha

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

:laffo:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Punk has the best possible reaction to Landsberg's usual bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhL0aVtNDtw

Sramaker posted:

I request to being banned please, i don't have to deal with people who got fooled by the media.

I hate SA and wish i never wasted money to join a bunch of people like, i'm not replying to anything anymore.

hahahaha, holy poo poo

Delsaber fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 21, 2014

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
If you don't harass women, don't want women to be harassed, and you actually legitimately think ethics is an important thing to have (i.e. you're a reasonable well-balanced person) then you have nothing to do with gamergate and should at least completely distance yourself from the group instead of defending it, honestly.

here's a good partial list of actual ethics concerns in videogames that you should spend your time thinking about instead

simple as that

Sramaker posted:

oh never mind lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sramaker posted:

Did this post actually happen?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that escalated quicker than anita sarkeesian making a public appearance

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

Did I just get someone to ban themselves because I wasn't up on the latest nerd lingo for lol sluts? Because if so I certainly didn't mean to turn it into all this.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I think the mens rights movement could find a glorious enemy in Vince McMahon, what with his ideal of a man being so hard to achieve, bone law, etc.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Needs More Ditka posted:

Did I just get someone to ban themselves because I wasn't up on the latest nerd lingo for lol sluts? Because if so I certainly didn't mean to turn it into all this.

ya did good, kid

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sramaker posted:

lol

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sramaker posted:

This post is just...too...sweeeeeeeeeet.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That went from zero to meltdown with record speed.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Fools!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Turns out Gamergate was actually about ethics in WWE discussion.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TheJoker138 posted:

This post is just...too...sweeeeeeeeeet.

hey yo I got a survey for ya

who here came to see pee ess pee (booo)

and how many of you came here to see the... Gee Dubya O (tips fedora)

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sramaker posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sramaker posted:

goldmine

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sramaker posted:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So, uhhhhh, how about that John Cena y'all

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

FOOOOOOOOLS!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Sramaker posted:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Was that the best PSP derail of 2014?

I haven't seen anyone discussing the most important news from this week's Observer.

quote:

Tommy Mercer (Crimson in TNA) had a tryout this past week.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sramaker posted:

I love this place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Sramaker posted:

:vince:

• Locked thread