Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
RG3 looked like poo poo Sunday. Dude would stare down his WR and then panic and run around in the backfield till he got clobbered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I'm on the "RG3 must be a huge dick behind the scenes" bandwagon. Can't think of any other reason Gruden rips him to the media unprovoked.

Yeah, but that also makes Gruden look like a petty bitch. Literally nothing goods from ripping your own player in the media like that.

So really, just another day for the Washington Redskins.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

davecrazy posted:

RG3 looked like poo poo Sunday. Dude would stare down his WR and then panic and run around in the backfield till he got clobbered.

Have him and Kaepernick ever been spotted in the same room?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Lorenzo Taliaferro to IR :(

Ravens activated some practice squad RB named Toussaint. I would be bummed out but Harbs had Lorenzo doghouse'd since the Steelers game.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
- No Chiefs WR has caught a TD this year (you may know this)
- Alex Smith has more fantasy points than Colin Kaepernick this year

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Pron on VHS posted:

- No Chiefs WR has caught a TD this year (you may know this)
- Alex Smith has more fantasy points than Colin Kaepernick this year

hahahaha

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kaepernick is also basically the only QB not to film an AND1 mixtape against the Bears secondary this year.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

African AIDS cum posted:

Have him and Kaepernick ever been spotted in the same room?

They'd just stare at each other for hours

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Pron on VHS posted:

He is still tanking RG3's trade value, which is presumably not super-low as fixing high-potential QBs is a pastime for many coaches. And Gruden is also making himself look like a dick, both to players and owners, which tanks his OWN value as a future coach. What a loving idiot. Just shut up and coach your remaining 2 losses.

This is the most baffling thing about all of this. No matter what the end goal is, his actions are damaging

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Der Meister posted:

They'd just stare at each other for hours

lol

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

I just thought up a playoff scenario, where Seattle and New England face each other in the Super Bowl, and if Seattle crushes the Patriots like they crushed the Broncos last year, they will have badly beaten two of the greatest quarterbacks in recent history in back-to-back championships.

I am now fully on the Seattle bandwagon

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

The_Hat posted:

I just thought up a playoff scenario, where Seattle and New England face each other in the Super Bowl, and if Seattle crushes the Patriots like they crushed the Broncos last year, they will have badly beaten two of the greatest quarterbacks in recent history in back-to-back championships.

I'd rather see Brady and Belichick win another Super Bowl than see Pete Carroll win another one.

Also it's weird thinking that it's been 10 years since the Pats won their last Super Bowl. Seems like only yesterday.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The_Hat posted:

I can see Gronk getting his career ended by Kam in the opening drive and the Patriots just handing off to Blount 40 times

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:911:

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 10m10 minutes ago

The Texans signed QB Ricky Stanzi to the practice squad.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

THE MACHO MAN posted:

This is the most baffling thing about all of this. No matter what the end goal is, his actions are damaging

RG3's tape from games is more damaging than anything else. I get the angle that you try to hoodwink some team into trading a midround pick for him in hopes of "fixing" or "saving" him and by making these comments you only lend credence to the many stories out there that he is a toxic person that makes people hate him enough to speak out, but meh.

Redskins are hosed, Gruden knows it, the media knows it, and RG3 and the trade to get him is just another sad chapter in the Snyder era.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

He is still tanking RG3's trade value, which is presumably not super-low as fixing high-potential QBs is a pastime for many coaches. And Gruden is also making himself look like a dick, both to players and owners, which tanks his OWN value as a future coach. What a loving idiot. Just shut up and coach your remaining 2 losses.

I don't think that poo poo-talking RG3 will lower his trade value. The tape is enough anyone needs to see, and it seems pretty clear he's a headache to his team and coaches.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Texans are going to build the most american Frankenstein's Monster out of Stanzi, Keenum, and Thad Lewis.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Chip Kelly could turn RG3 into a decent QB, that is probably it

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

Chip Kelly could turn RG3 into a decent QB, that is probably it

As an Eagles fan, all I can say to this is :getin:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Bears have more, worse problems than their Quarterback.

Their vomit-inducing defense, for instance

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Why don't we all just send our quarterbacks to Chip Kelly

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Feel like he could do a simplified offense where each play has a built in "hot route" (Alex Smith had this in SF with Harbaugh) and I think the Eagles offense would be the best fit. He could run it a bit too if he learned to loving slide.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://deadspin.com/saints-fan-arrested-after-allegedly-shoving-bears-chair-1671930002

quote:

Police arrested Richard Kohnke, a 58-year-old lawyer and New Orleans Saints fan, after he allegedly got into a physical altercation with Bears chairman George McCaskey last night at Soldier Field. If there's one way surefire way to get arrested at a football game, it's by shoving the chairman of the home team.

:laffo:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
N:

v:

:buddy: Only 8 points!

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

I absolutely guarantee that a Chief's receiver will have a TD pass against the Steelers, and there will be some graphic popping up in the third quarter comparing KC receivers all years vs. today against Ike Taylor and I will puke with rage.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Qwijib0 posted:

N:

v:

:buddy: Only 8 points!

How often do O/U's dip that far below 40?

Also how much money is too much to put on that under?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blarfk posted:

I absolutely guarantee that a Chief's receiver will have a TD pass against the Steelers, and there will be some graphic popping up in the third quarter comparing KC receivers all years vs. today against Ike Taylor and I will puke with rage.

If you're going to do this you might as well give up 300 yards to Alex Smith so you can puke at that streak getting broken too. He/the Chiefs are at 48 or 49 games without a 300 yard passer and the next longest streak is something like 18.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kalli posted:

I'd believe that O/U was real if the decimal point moved to the left.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12034411/bernie-kosar-blames-uneducated-browns-front-office-johnny-manziels-cleveland-field-struggles

so our former hometown hero qb, and noted person that screwed me out of an autograph after waiting in line for 3 hours (no I'm not bitter, why do you ask), Bernie Kosar had some words to say.

quote:

"They don't know how to lead and organize and set a culture for doing what you have to do to play winning NFL football," Kosar told WTAM 1100 in Cleveland, where he is a regular guest on the station's shows.

A correct criticism and something that has truly plagued the organization since 1999. But it's something I really don't get the vibe with this current regime. But please go on.

quote:

One example from Kosar: when quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains received a text from Johnny Manziel during the draft in May asking the Browns to draft him because he wanted to "wreck this league" in Cleveland. Loggains told an Arkansas radio station that he forwarded the message to owner Jimmy Haslam, general manager Ray Farmer and coach Mike Pettine. Manziel was drafted soon after.

"That's funny and a good story," Kosar said. "But that's not acceptable. That can't happen. ... If you're a quarterback coach, you're going to coach the guys we're going to get you."

...Because it's very rare when a QB goes "gently caress YEAH, I WANT TO PLAY FOR THE CLEVELAND BROWNS". Like did you see what Teddy said after the Browns DIDN'T draft him? "Thank god I'm not on the Browns".

No one wants to go to this stupid team because they suck and have a history of sucking. I commend Manziel for having that type of attitude, because it's not something us fans see often. (if ever)

quote:

He said he was not blaming players or Pettine, who was hired into this system. Instead he pointed to a system that created an environment that allows these things to happen.

"You can't put these kids in these spots," Kosar said. "It's almost abuse."

If the situation doesn't change, the on-field results will not change, he said.

"If you keep running it the way you're running it, you may as well do nothing," Kosar said. "Because you're going to kill two more kids coming in here. It will fail."

Kosar added that he has been answering quarterback questions for 15 years and will continue to answer them as long as the Browns' culture stays constant.

sigh

Look. I'm willing to give someone like Tim Couch or Kelly Holcomb the benefit of the doubt. They had a poo poo roster and a disorganized mess of a culture. Timmy COULD have been a Pro Bowl QB had he played for say...the Titans or something. But he got saddled with a coach that was panicky and a team that gave him NOTHING in terms of an offensive line.

But you can't convince me that the people the Browns have trotted in post-Tim Couch to play QB would have been successful had they played for the Indianapolis Colts or something like that.

Charlie Frye was loving awful. There was no way that guy was ever going to be a good NFL QB.
Derek Anderson? Arm Strength, but was not a good NFL QB. COULD NOT MAKE READS and was not accurate.
Brady Quinn? Same answer. No arm strength and was not accurate.
Colt McCoy? No arm strength and just was not a good NFL QB.
Brian Hoyer? He's a backup. I mean that much is obvious.
Manziel? IF HE FAILS. It's likely that he's just not an NFL QB.

Guys like Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger are once in a generation types that can change culture immediatly just by pulling on their jersey. I could argue that barring some freak of nature circumstances? They could go on some of the worst teams in football and lead them into the playoffs. Unfortunately, that's how things go in the NFL.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I can't remember the chiefs ever having a really good receiver in my lifetime

look at this
http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/alltime-receiving

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

That O/U and line assumes a ~21-14 seahawks win and that's a lot of points for us to score. I can't see us breaking double digits, so I would say "a lot" is not too much. :lol:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Blarfk posted:

Antonio Brown has more receptions, yards, TDs, and receptions for a 1st down than the entire Chiefs WR corps

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

African AIDS cum posted:

I can't remember the chiefs ever having a really good receiver in my lifetime

look at this
http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/alltime-receiving

I said this two months ago and got shouted down by posters saying Gonzalez and Otis Taylor count for something

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

I said this two months ago and got shouted down by posters saying Gonzalez and Otis Taylor count for something

These people don't know football clearly. Soldier on

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pron on VHS posted:

Antonio Brown has more receptions, yards, TDs, and receptions for a 1st down than the entire Chiefs WR corps

Alex Smith was the subject of the opening section of Quick reads today too: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2014/week-15-quick-reads

His average pass this year travels 5.9 yards in the air. The 2nd lowest is Kyle Orton at 7.1, league average is 8.5.

That 5.9 is almost a yard shorter then last year's number, which was only longer then Chad Henne's garbage time howdown in Jacksonville.

Also every non-Alex Smith year on that list is some garbage rear end QB'ing, but somehow Alex Smith makes it work.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That Brown stat. Jesus. And you guys didn't draft a WR in that awesome class. The gently caress.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

WHOOPS posted:

Because they aren't advance stats, they are graded observations. A number of Rodgers' incompletions looked less like the result of good defense and more poor placement/timing/communication with receivers. It's also a subjective process that has some gaps, one being that they do not use all-22 film for coverage grading.

Jesus NFL rewind isn't that expensive guys

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

I don't remember anyone shouting you down, just noting that Gonzalez was really good. Yeah there's really no one, a good year here and there by random guys like Carlos Carson or Eddie Kennison. Henry Marshall's the fourth on that list and topped 800 yards once in his career. Bowe's legitimately the best WR the Chiefs have ever had if we don't count Taylor.

poo poo's pretty bleak.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think that poo poo-talking RG3 will lower his trade value. The tape is enough anyone needs to see, and it seems pretty clear he's a headache to his team and coaches.

Local media (specifically Mike Jones) is saying that everybody in the locker room loves Gruden. Nothing he says to the media isn't something he hasn't already said to the team. So yeah, I think it's more Gruden being honest and not being good at talking to the media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bad Moon posted:

Jesus NFL rewind isn't that expensive guys

It's the sportswriter's problem.

They feel they have to get their grades done monday morning otherwise they don't get clicks.

Better to be fast then accurate. (not that they've shown any propensity to be right even if they waited).

• Locked thread