Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

African AIDS cum posted:

I can't remember the chiefs ever having a really good receiver in my lifetime

look at this
http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/alltime-receiving

It still blows my mind that Trent Green was able to put up numbers like he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Qwijib0 posted:

That O/U and line assumes a ~21-14 seahawks win and that's a lot of points for us to score. I can't see us breaking double digits, so I would say "a lot" is not too much. :lol:

AZ's Defense should be good for 10 points.... A pick 6, and a fumble recovery in field goal range. The rest of it? Who knows. If the defense steps up and Lindley doesn't make any mistakes than it's a possible win.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Build a statue of this man.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Tamarick Vanover looked like he was going to be good for a while but he and Bam Morris started a drug trafficking ring instead. RT if you loved the 90's.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tony Gonzalez was a wide receiver in all but name though.

He led the Chiefs in receiving 7 times.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Tony Gonzalez was a wide receiver in all but name though.

He led the Chiefs in receiving 7 times.

Well what did his Twitter bio say?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
"I wonder what it feels like to win a playoff game"

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Derrick Alexander was great with the early Ravens and I think he had a few years of success in Kansas City.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

African AIDS cum posted:

This isn't true but I recognize your right to believe it so you can have something to hold onto from this disaster of a season. Wagner is so hot right now blowing up on social media and getting praised nonstop while Keuchechly struggles on a terrible team and hasn't improved at all since his rookie year.

Counter point, Wagner wouldn't make it for a second as Face on the C-Team.

Also Wagner doesnt have a white buddy linebacker (Brock Coyle doesn't even start bruh) so he can't even historically re-enact Remember the Titans.

Tell your boy to step his hollywood game up.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

whypick1 posted:

"I wonder what it feels like to win a playoff game"

Uh hello, he owned the Seahawks hardcore in 2012.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

whypick1 posted:

"I wonder what it feels like to win another playoff game"

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Seeing as how I'm always, rightly, making GBS threads on the refs I feel like I should mention that the team for Ravens/Jags actually did a really solid job.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

I'm still kinda mad at Pete for that dumb icing the kicker thing. Nobody remembers Russell going berserk and funslinging it all over the place, just the LoB floundering and Pete's dumb time out.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if they're gonna continue calling themselves the legion of boom they have to start wearing facepaint, putting spikes on their shoulderpads and come out of the tunnel to What A Rush

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Alouicious posted:

if they're gonna continue calling themselves the legion of boom they have to start wearing facepaint, putting spikes on their shoulderpads and come out of the tunnel to What A Rush

:agreed:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kalli posted:

That wasn't when he was a Chief :colbert:

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Alouicious posted:

Funny thing, SI had a picture of James Laurinaitis and his dad in full LOD gear and paint back when James got drafted. It was awesome.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Bad Moon posted:

I'm still kinda mad at Pete for that dumb icing the kicker thing. Nobody remembers Russell going berserk and funslinging it all over the place, just the LoB floundering and Pete's dumb time out.

I remember that game particularly well because I drove from Milwaukee and a couple of my best friends drove up from MS and KY, all of us meeting in St Louis for the weekend. we woke up with the worst goddamn hangovers and watched in the hotel room while getting absolutely skullfucked on gin tonics. no idea what the gently caress pete was thinking, but that game quelled any remaining doubt idiots had about russ being the future

then while hammered we went to the zoo which was great

e: looking at the stats for that game, zach miller had 142 yds/1td and while tate and rice combined for 160/1. and miller did it after tearing his plantar fascia on the third play of the game :psyduck:

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 17, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Alouicious posted:

T.N.T. by AC/DC or :frogout:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Zach Miller is awesome and also dead to me. Reminder that Gruden was pretty much a dick to DeSean Jackson on the radio once, so it's not just RG3 who gets the treatment. He said something about how DJax was pretty much useless at 70% (health-wise) because he can't block and he's only like 160 pounds. :lol:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I definitely remember a window of time where everyone was like "there's this young TE on the Raiders that is gonna tear the league up", it lasted like a month

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He was our leading receiver for two years

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
Mebane and Miller are the two biggest injuries still hurting us, not having them in the playoffs is going to suck. at least unger will be back in time

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

The_Hat posted:

Why don't we all just send our quarterbacks to Chip Kelly

Is Chip Kelly the next Subutai??? (Reference to the Elder Boys campaign into Europe)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chichevache posted:

T.N.T. by AC/DC or :frogout:

Thunderstruck :cmon:

Zach Miller is awesome and totally undersold because he's on a no pass offense like Seattle.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 17, 2014

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pron on VHS posted:

He is still tanking RG3's trade value, which is presumably not super-low as fixing high-potential QBs is a pastime for many coaches. And Gruden is also making himself look like a dick, both to players and owners, which tanks his OWN value as a future coach. What a loving idiot. Just shut up and coach your remaining 2 losses.
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Jay Gruden looks like Fat Josh McDaniels, and he appears to be taking his own coaching career along the same trajectory.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Lorenzo Taliaferro has been put on IR

that makes 16 players on IR for Baltimore this year. Lorenzo is great and I hope he comes back next year not in the doghouse. Hopefully Kubiak will still be here as the dude is a tank and has tons of promise, he may not see when to cut in stretch plays but he does have amazing vision for a rookie. He has excellent patients and has always hit the hole at the right time.

The lovely thing about Bernard Pierce is he still as all the tools to be the RB we thought he was in 2012. However it seems like in 2012 he just got lucky that his hole showed up immediately and he could just power through it. He can't cut to save his life. If the hole isn't opened up quickly, he's going to run into a butt and that's it. It's just really frustrating because he'd be so much loving better if he could just loving cut.

Forsett was just on a 1 year contract and I do hope the Ravens re-sign him, but I really hope his camp won't push for him to get franchise RB numbers. Forsett is in his 7th year and he does have a lot of football left in him since he was always buried on depth charts, so he is capable of more production. I just hope if they keep him it'll be a small extension.

My worst fear is them overpaying for Forsett and Kubiak getting poached, because even though Forsett loving owns a lot of the credit goes to Kubiak and the league's best guard duo. Ngata is good as gone if he doesn't restructure, and with the level he's playing at I doubt he'll want to. I'm completely fine with the team cutting Ngata next year now that we have Jernigan, who is super promising and looks better at rushing the passer (obviously doesn't have the godly run defending capabilities Ngata has.)

So yea if Ngata is a free agent this offseason it's completely for cap reasons, so if any of your teams starts talking about signing him I wouldn't worry, since he'll tremendously help anyone who needs that spot filled. As long as he's not a Colt, Patriot, or Steeler I'd be fine with wherever he goes.

So since speculation is fun, any teams with a need on the DL and some cap room that you guys think would possibly pick Ngata up? If he hits the market he's probably going to be a bit overpriced, but he's totally worth it.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

give us back zach miller you mother fuckers

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

A Man and his dog posted:

That Brown stat. Jesus. And you guys didn't draft a WR in that awesome class. The gently caress.

Nope. But the Browns got an extra first round pick next year for letting the Bills pick up Watkins.

But now that the Bills are actually doing decent who know how high that pick will be.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Trestman is done in Chicago per CBS.

CBS reporting on a report posted:

It appears as if the Marc Trestman is down to his final two games as the coach of the Chicago Bears.

According to Dan Bernstein of WSCR in Chicago, the team's ownership met following another disastrous loss at home Monday night to discuss Trestman's future and are ready to part ways with the former Canadian Football League coach. General Manager Phil Emery's future is also uncertain, according to Pro Football Talk.

Chicago started the season 3-3 before losing six of the past eight games. They've been outscored 265-153 over that span. The defense has allowed 29.2 points per game, which ranks dead-last among all 32 teams in the league this season.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24896138/report-bears-will-likely-fire-marc-trestman-at-seasons-end

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Keenan Allen has a broken collarbone and won't play on Saturday

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Zach Miller is a better blocker than half of our O-line. I miss him :(

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

ruddiger posted:

Build a statue of this man.

First comment under the article on espn:

quote:

He's fortunate a Bears fan was there to make the tackle, if it was a Bears player instead, he might have been out of luck.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

So since speculation is fun, any teams with a need on the DL and some cap room that you guys think would possibly pick Ngata up? If he hits the market he's probably going to be a bit overpriced, but he's totally worth it.

I could see Ngata going to the Eagles, since there is an Oregon connection, and they look like a team that will contend next year. He won a Superbowl, so I don't see him heading anywhere like Denver for a discount, and a few teams who could use him like Dallas or New Orleans can't afford to sign him. There's also a chance he restructures, since he's so popular in Baltimore and the front office is likely willing to overpay him to keep the fans happy.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ostentatious posted:

give us back zach miller you mother fuckers

Never. He serves a new master now. Look at how interacts with our fans.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Bad Moon posted:

Never. He serves a new master now. Look at how interacts with our fans.

Please, somebody, anybody, high five me.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

So yea if Ngata is a free agent this offseason it's completely for cap reasons, so if any of your teams starts talking about signing him I wouldn't worry, since he'll tremendously help anyone who needs that spot filled. As long as he's not a Colt, Patriot, or Steeler I'd be fine with wherever he goes.

The Titans are in dire need of his skills.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Marketing New Brain posted:

I could see Ngata going to the Eagles, since there is an Oregon connection, and they look like a team that will contend next year. He won a Superbowl, so I don't see him heading anywhere like Denver for a discount, and a few teams who could use him like Dallas or New Orleans can't afford to sign him. There's also a chance he restructures, since he's so popular in Baltimore and the front office is likely willing to overpay him to keep the fans happy.

The eagles aren't really in need of a ton of help at DT but Ngata and Fletcher Cox would be amazing together

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

Thunderstruck :cmon:

Zach Miller is awesome and totally undersold because he's on a no pass offense like Seattle.

Think about why TNT is a better choice for the LoBoom than thunder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judd Crandall
Jan 23, 2005

Bust a move all over your face!

nrr posted:

The eagles aren't really in need of a ton of help at DT but Ngata and Fletcher Cox would be amazing together

A cold chill just went up Tony Romo's toradol encrusted spine.

• Locked thread