Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

rotor posted:

i mean honestly - a water thermos?? do they not have water where you're going? do you do your computing in some sort of parched desert wasteland without access to anything that might slake your thirst and end your suffering?

actually no they don't, our lovely building has detected lead in the pipes and it's not recommended we drink from the water fountains, and while we have a sink that's supposedly "filtered" I'm not really sure they have ever changed said filter. I like to stay healthy but drinking lead is the opposite of healthy so I carry a thermos to stay hydrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
it's also extremely good for taking long walks around my beautiful scenic city

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Mad Archivist posted:

actually no they don't, our lovely building has detected lead in the pipes and it's not recommended we drink from the water fountains, and while we have a sink that's supposedly "filtered" I'm not really sure they have ever changed said filter. I like to stay healthy but drinking lead is the opposite of healthy so I carry a thermos to stay hydrated

lol owned

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

having to set briefcases down on the bus etc is basically screaming "please steal me," backpacks are also a convenient way to not get your poo poo stolen

Handcuff the briefcase to your wrist, dummy

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i use this because who cares

i had a custom timbuk2 built in 2010 and I didn't realize until 2012 that I accidentally had it made swedish-colored

the bad thing about it is the bag is refusing to wear out so i can't replace it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The Mad Archivist posted:

/
          /

so what's it like working in one of the bombed out office blocks in a fallout game?

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

sick fanny packs

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
do you have problems with radroaches and mutant raids too?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

infernal machines posted:

/
          /

so what's it like working in one of the bombed out office blocks in a fallout game?

not too bad all things considered, I think it's been at least a week since the elevator trapped someone

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
seconding making the trip to your local surplus store. they'll carry something in basic black, you don't have to buy camo if you don't want to answer questions about what you do deep in the woods when nobody's watching

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

personally i was hoping a laptop fanny pack would hang a little lower and protect your junk

sick zip everywhere
Jul 21, 2010
tHIS IS MY PACKSACK

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

hyphen

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

rjmccall posted:

surplus store

did someone say SURPLUS

German, indestructible, $20. it's uncanny how often i see impoverished nerds lugging their groceries in these

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
didnt read the thread. i take lunch to work, should i keep using my backpack, or should i use my mario thmed tin lunchbox? or is there some other solution?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

the consensus is a massive army seconds backpack op

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i have multiple frietag messengers and a nice blue chrome bag OP

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
i think people mistake me for a uni student with a backpack

Mario Incandenza
Aug 24, 2000

Tell me, small fry, have you ever heard of the golden Triumph Forks?
this but in olive green:

it's called the considerable embarrassment (mlmp)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

infernal machines posted:

why do you need a backpack op? are you a child in school?

because people over 17 have no business wearing backpacks. they buy briefcases, or if they're hipster dipshits, messenger bags

he's a child. lol

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

angry_keebler posted:

also someone please come up with a torturous backpack related computer pun so we can rename this thread

that pun colon fashion chat number whatever

also please include terrible gift shirts from software suppliers like the one smugly comparing ms sql vs oracle and mysql

all i got is an ugly apple shirt from some conference and a tiny emc world backpack

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

why would someone who isn't in grade school wear a bookbag again

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mario Incandenza posted:

this but in olive green:

crumpler makes some decent bags that are really tough, though kinda pricey
kata and booq also make decent stuff i think

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

perfect for if u need to carry a huge dslr and 10 lenses to work every day, or to starbucks to pretend you have a job

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

what am I supposed to carry all my poo poo in while I fixie around the boroughs

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Citizen Tayne posted:

why would someone

hmm good q

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i got this as a free promotion when buying new pumas, and it seemed flimsy as gently caress but it's been going strong for like 6 years now

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

maybe you should carry less poo poo

dehumanize yourself and face to fleeting possessions

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i have a chrome messenger bag but getting older i think i am going to get a regular backpack due to back pain from wearing it when not on a bike

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Mario Incandenza posted:

this but in olive green:

why r u still posting, pls dont be late for ur courier job

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

hmm ok id like a backpack thats slim with good design with a pocket for my MacBook® Pro™

ok but i need one that isnt flimsy and cheap, and wont fall apart after 3 years

ok but i need one that isnt hipster bullshit

ok but im an adult with a job and cant be looking like im on my way to 4th grade (also those straps are an insult)

:pwn:

here u go op http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/816?nav=gnro-hp

many shapes and styles and colors for u to choose from. satisfaction guaranteed 4 life.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
this thing where shaggar is always talking about ll bean of all things is really weird to me because when I think ll bean I think 50 year old moms

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

it's this one op

http://m.llbean.com/product.html#62782

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
shaggar shops at jc penney

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

this thing where shaggar is always talking about ll bean of all things is really weird to me because when I think ll bean I think 50 year old moms

llbean is a quality brand with superior products

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

llbean is a quality brand with superior products

then why haven't they spread off of the east coast

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you can buy llbean products online. also west coasters don't know what quality looks like so they buy garbage that falls apart and get confused. slowly they are learning and llbean is opening stores further west.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i just looked up ll bean and their clothes look like WASP starter packs

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

yeah p. much but the boots i got from them own forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
"i have the complexion of a showroom toilet bowl from sitting in front of a computer all day for years, yet somehow i'd like to look.... whiter"

*clicks llbean.com link caucasianly*

• Locked thread