Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

rotor posted:

pretty sure there's a market here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

if that's a real thing their SEO sucks bad

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

between this and your shoes im starting to understand why you dont want to settle for a little condo

I'm doing fine in 700 square feet now, I just want a view and a washer/dryer

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

hmm ok id like a backpack thats slim with good design with a pocket for my MacBook® Pro™

ok but i need one that isnt flimsy and cheap, and wont fall apart after 3 years

ok but i need one that isnt hipster bullshit

ok but im an adult with a job and cant be looking like im on my way to 4th grade (also those straps are an insult)

:pwn:

the hipster one looks pretty cool

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
forreal tho just get a chrome bag https://www.chromeindustries.com

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

llbean is a quality brand with superior products

im several pages late but i gotta admit shagger is right about ll bean backpacks

ive had mine for almost 10 years and it's been around the world with me and still works like a champ

ll bean backpacks own

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
serious post: buy a mission workshop backpack, or one of their advanced projects backpacks with the fancy closure system if u've got the cash

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

atomicthumbs posted:

serious post: buy a mission workshop backpack, or one of their advanced projects backpacks with the fancy closure system if u've got the cash

just as heavy and bulky as a chrome bag but $100 more expensive!

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

rotor posted:

pretty sure there's a market here

ill make the wiki

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
guy who works for me is like 24 and uses a briefcase

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

guy i know carries a messenger bag everywhere and we're all like, whats in the bag bro?

tissue paper

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

he takes it loving everywhere, cinema, pub, you loving name it

what do you have to carry to or from the pub?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Awia posted:

he takes it loving everywhere, cinema, pub, you loving name it

what do you have to carry to or from the pub?

fiestacat plushies :iamafag:

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
If you wear cargo pants you dont need a bag/pack. hth.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

im several pages late but i gotta admit shagger is right about ll bean backpacks

ive had mine for almost 10 years and it's been around the world with me and still works like a champ

ll bean backpacks own

also if something fucks up on it like if you break the zipper they will repair or replace it for free.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Squeezy Farm posted:

scottevest is the cargo pants of jackets

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

scottevest is the cargo pants of jackets

i had one of these in high school lol

i stopped wearing it because it was awful and my dad found it and wears it now

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Squeezy Farm posted:

con loving firmed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
big ups to the chest rig

police scanner, smokes, string cheese at the ready

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

big ups to the chest rig

police scanner, smokes, string cheese at the ready

Thanks, added to my costume for our next Counter-Strike larp in Sydney

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Smythe posted:

Thanks, added to my costume for our next Counter-Strike larp in Sydney

Perhaps a tactical sling bag is more your fancy?

every single dude on earth who has one of these has a loving pistol in the back pocket. if you see one be aware you are around a person with a weapon. they are the worst weapons concealment ever and a literal open carry drop leg holster would be less obvious

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

every single dude on earth who has one of these has a loving pistol in the back pocket. if you see one be aware you are around a person with a weapon. they are the worst weapons concealment ever and a literal open carry drop leg holster would be less obvious

Wasn't this thing poo poo all over by shark tank?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
same side draw from something like that is terrible and slow and obvious. it's a piece of poo poo, meant to be bought, worn twice, decided that it is too attention-getting and then thrown in the back of the closet to be pulled out when you want to get all operator'd out with your buddies at the range.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
i really like my pelican bag except that the main bag area doesn't have any extra pocketses but i tend to stuff a lot of boxes and poo poo so thats ok.

fo realz tho my coworker has an everki and its awesome for airports
http://www.everki.com/products1/backpacks/atlas-checkpoint-friendly-laptop-backpack-13-to-17-3-adaptable-compartment-detail

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I haaaaaaaaate that vinyl-y stuff its trimmed in but otherwise i am intrigued by that bag

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

same side draw from something like that is terrible and slow and obvious. it's a piece of poo poo, meant to be bought, worn twice, decided that it is too attention-getting and then thrown in the back of the closet to be pulled out when you want to get all operator'd out with your buddies at the range.

wait, where would you even draw from that? nothing on that is a holster.

do you just jam the gun in a zipper pouch and hope the handle hasn't moved when you need it?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

D-, take that shirt to a tailor and get that poo poo taken in and fix the collar.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Citizen Tayne posted:

D-, take that shirt to a tailor and get that poo poo taken in and fix the collar.

:ssh: it's a jacket

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

wait, where would you even draw from that? nothing on that is a holster.

do you just jam the gun in a zipper pouch and hope the handle hasn't moved when you need it?

they all have this on the back side

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
i'll admit that sometimes the hard case on the back can bump my belt the wrong way i'm still trying to figure out where I want it to sit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

D-, take that jacket to a tailor and get that poo poo taken in and fix the collar.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
also I'm becoming some kind of weird pelican fanboy:

pelican backpack
fuckin' thick pelican iPhone case
pelican sd card case

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

they all have this on the back side

lol. let me just reach around under my arm here...

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i use a chest rig to hold my baby to my breast

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol. let me just reach around under my arm here...

you've had practice ;-*

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe
Jesus christ, backpacks all look terrible. I guess it's fine if you are a computer programmer who goes to work in fuckin vibrams cargo shorts and a t-shirt but for any remotely professional job you really need to ditch that poo poo hard.

I kinda want a nice messenger bag but I'm worried even that will look too sloppy, the thread in YLLS has really put me off the idea.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

here's a free fashion tip for anyone concerned about how to look professional going into work: don't carry anything.

leave your work in the office. leave your personal poo poo at home. travel between the two a free man

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

here's a free fashion tip for anyone concerned about how to look professional going into work: don't carry anything.

leave your work in the office. leave your personal poo poo at home. travel between the two a free man

what do u do for lunch

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

bobbilljim posted:

what do u do for lunch

go to a cafe.

what do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

my bag's a rmbp vehicle. sorry but im not buying a home laptop right now. i do get your point tho and largely agree

• Locked thread