Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
remember that twilight zone episode where the shady gambler dies and thinks he's gone to heaven because he's winning all the time and is flush with cash and such but then he figures out winning all the time can get boring and realizes he's in hell

isn't that still a pretty good deal, he could still have sex with beautiful women or eat delicious food or do drugs or read good books or w/e

it really stretched the limits of believability imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
If you're really good at something it's basically like being in hell.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
i, satan, will torment u by giving u all the money u want forever

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

You should read Asimov's "the last trump" sometime, OP. i think you'd like it

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

BASF posted:

is that why you choose to be so bad at posting :c00l:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
He wasn't a shady gambler he was a murdering gangster.

Learn your Twilight Zone canon.

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

so what then, he got expert level murder skills?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

his profession was murder, but he enjoyed gambling and other activities as well, obv

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
fine quality trim, always wins at the tables, food and drink good and plenty. guy was a retard

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

You would eventually get insane amounts of ennui, op

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

his profession was murder, but he enjoyed gambling and other activities as well, obv

did he self-identify according to his consumerist hobby or his profession? i feel bad for him either way, and then I hear the poor fella ends up in hell. tragic

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
there was also that episode where the old redneck dies with his dog but when he gets to heaven the angel is like "hey we won't let your dog in sorry" and he says he'd never enter heaven without his good friend, and then the guy was like "fine i'll sneak him in" and he goes "not good enough, either honor my dog or not at all" and then just fucks off

and then later he meets another guy who is like "oh hey jed i'm glad i caught up with you, i'm an angel, the devil is going around pretending to be an angel and letting people in heaven but it's a trick and it's actually hell" and the redneck is relieved but then asks if his dog can come with to real heaven, and the angel is like "of course! we just started up the daily raccoon hunt!" or whatever

basically i'm saying people only remember the good ones

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
having sex is immoral

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Cso6TbNSc

Not as good as Time Enough At Last or It's a Good Life. Or that one with the wing goblin.

E: Nightmare at 20,000 Feet.

raton fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Dec 16, 2014

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Wolfsheim posted:

there was also that episode where the old redneck dies with his dog but when he gets to heaven the angel is like "hey we won't let your dog in sorry" and he says he'd never enter heaven without his good friend, and then the guy was like "fine i'll sneak him in" and he goes "not good enough, either honor my dog or not at all" and then just fucks off

and then later he meets another guy who is like "oh hey jed i'm glad i caught up with you, i'm an angel, the devil is going around pretending to be an angel and letting people in heaven but it's a trick and it's actually hell" and the redneck is relieved but then asks if his dog can come with to real heaven, and the angel is like "of course! we just started up the daily raccoon hunt!" or whatever

basically i'm saying people only remember the good ones

that was a good one

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
the dog one was a good one

dogs are good they can detect hell

they can also detect terminators

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
I binge-watched a bunch of twilight zone last time I was sick and the only one I remember was the one with the tiny wind-up alien robots that come out of a UFO and terrorize that poor lonely woman in a farmhouse, where the big reveal was that they were normal human astronauts and she was just a mad huge alien all along

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

scopes posted:

I binge-watched a bunch of twilight zone last time I was sick and the only one I remember was the one with the tiny wind-up alien robots that come out of a UFO and terrorize that poor lonely woman in a farmhouse, where the big reveal was that they were normal human astronauts and she was just a mad huge alien all along

this one actually ruled, like when they try to murder her with that huge knife :hellyeah:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The Invaders. Had to look that one up too.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

scopes posted:

Seen the one with the human astronauts that terrorize a minature alien nation only one of them leaves and the one that stayed behind to be "god" finds out there is a bigger alien species?

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
i like the one where the earth is getting too hot and people are suffering and dying and civilization is breaking down but it was all just a dream the earth is actually getting colder

the rug
^^^^^^^^
my feet

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
I like the one where it ends with Abe Lincoln saying that he was the last casualty of the civil war. I don't remember how old I was at the time but it blew my mind!

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

BASF posted:

you win and you are the same
you lose and you are worse

there is no better

why attempt to reach this point, the point of no improvement

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Was it Twilight Zone or Night Gallery that had the episode where hell was just a waiting room where you were forever waiting to be let into the actual hell?

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
Tales From The Darkside
"Halloween Candy"

A midget in a troll costume traps a mean old man in night time forever or at least until his son comes to check on him and finds out he's been turned into grandpa jerky and is probably being eaten by bugs and poo poo.

10/10

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
remember the nerd who had all the time to read but no glasses? it' like gently caress YOU BOOKWORM

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

TheJoker138 posted:

Was it Twilight Zone or Night Gallery that had the episode where hell was just a waiting room where you were forever waiting to be let into the actual hell?

that sounds more NG than TZ but its rod serling so who knows

basically Night Gallery owns, watch that too

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
realtalk- "it's a good life" is hands down the best tz episode and probably the most horrifying television episode in the genre

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

remember the nerd who had all the time to read but no glasses? it' like gently caress YOU BOOKWORM

that ep is kinda unrealistic, who gives someone poo poo for reading a book

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

that ep is kinda unrealistic, who gives someone poo poo for reading a book

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Glasses apocalypse doesn't make sense also because it's not like dude had the only pair of glasses in world. Just stumble over into a glasses place and get another pair that are close enough to your prescription.

ed: I like the one where some guys rob fort Knox or something, and freeze themselves so they'll wake up in the future when nobody will be after them, but it fucks up and they sleep too long so now they're in a desert. They turn on each other and the last guy finds a couple in a hovercar right before dying and they're like, "haha why was this guy carrying around a worthless bar of gold, poo poo's easy to synthesize"

Pharmaskittle fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Dec 16, 2014

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

bensnotacat posted:

you win and you are the same
you lose and you are worse

there is no better

why attempt to reach this point, the point of no improvement

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

Tales From The Darkside
"Halloween Candy"

A midget in a troll costume traps a mean old man in night time forever or at least until his son comes to check on him and finds out he's been turned into grandpa jerky and is probably being eaten by bugs and poo poo.

10/10

This my favorite Tales from the Darkside:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqzLRTUvPC4

======

I also implore you all to not forget that Trilogy of Terror movie with the stabby vodoo doll from the Spider Forest in Diablo 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1p9K8R4Iw&t=340s

raton fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Dec 16, 2014

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Best tz episode: slot machine shoves old man out of a window loool.

Wearsyourgodnow
Jul 21, 2009

I liked that one anthology movie with the teens that drive out to a swimming hole and there's a sludge monster that traps em on a dock. scared the crap outta me as a kid

edit: i googled 'sludge monster anthology movie' and it says it was from Creepshow 2

Wearsyourgodnow fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Dec 16, 2014

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Wearsyourgodnow posted:

I liked that one anthology movie with the teens that drive out to a swimming hole and there's a sludge monster that traps em on a dock. scared the crap outta me as a kid

edit: i googled 'sludge monster anthology movie' and it says it was from Creepshow 2

That's a good movie / scene.

I also like the part in Creepshow 1 where there's a yeti in the box under the stairs and people get pulled in there.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

I also implore you all to not forget that Trilogy of Terror movie with the stabby vodoo doll from the Spider Forest in Diablo 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1p9K8R4Iw&t=340s

lol

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
List of movies to legally buy from a video selling website:

-Trilogy of Terror (1975)
Daterape with a tweest; split personality murder; killer vodoo doll

-Creepshow
Happy Father's Day; alien biology out of control; a rising tide; the crate; infestation

-Creepshow II
Indian curse; you never swim alone; hit and run gone bad

-Tales from the Darkside: The Movie
Steve Buscemi necromancy; nice cat buddy; keep your promises

Don't watch Creepshow 3 it's real bad.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Good evening.

Alfred Hitchcock Presents is good stuff too.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Sheep-Goats posted:

That's a good movie / scene.

I also like the part in Creepshow 1 where there's a yeti in the box under the stairs and people get pulled in there.

I saw this as a child, it haunted me for weeks. I can't even remember it that well, and I'm sure if I went back it would look really bad and dumb, but goddamn that monster poppin out of the trunk and pulling poor bastards in to their death made my blood run cold back then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like the one where Dennis Hopper is haunted by the ghost of Hitler. Although I'm not sure why the episode tried to make it seem like HITLER was a big reveal when it was obviously him all along.

• Locked thread