Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

burritolingus posted:

Uwe Boll's movies are that "so bad it's good" kind of good. In other words, the worst kind of good. Fun to watch with friends, though.
Nah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
didn't uwe boll whuss out of fighting someone with actual amateur kickboxing experience lol

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

burritolingus posted:

Uwe Boll's movies are that "so bad it's good" kind of good. In other words, the worst kind of good. Fun to watch with friends, though.
That's like saying ebola is so bad it's good, and is fun to share with friends.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Uwe-Bola

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
i think by losing the fight lowtax actually won at life, is my opinion

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Wow, LT got knocked down 5-6x and still kept getting up. More heart than I remembered.

Goongratulation, Kyanka.... you did it!

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
Uwe taking it so serious and actually beating them up made it so much funnier though, and lowtax did a great job considering imo.

Ricardio
Dec 3, 2012

Completely Consensual
Low taxes rick flair flop was really funny and years later every so often I remember it and I still laugh. Thnaks richard!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

VectorSigma posted:

what the christ.

uwe as hitler. i can see it.

Funny thing about this movie. They just got done filming the Holocaust movie and they had all these sets still around, so they decided to just go "gently caress it, let's shoot another movie since we got all these sets".

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Torka posted:

haven't seen it but I kinda liked what he had to say about it

"But to be honest, what is Germany doing? If you make a Sophie Scholl movie or an Anne Frank movie, you get subsidies, you get into the Berlin Film Festival because everybody's happy that you're showing that there were Germans in the resistance. But that is bullshit! The reality is that everybody went with it. Only 40 percent voted for Hitler, but then 90 percent went with it and didn't question why Jews were getting deported. And after the war they said they thought the Jews were in working camps or being sent to the front line. Everybody had an excuse. And if you make a movie now you only get support if you show Germany in a positive light. "

Yeah I've actually seen that film and honestly, it's not bad. It's over the top at times, but considering the poo poo that is on the historical record on what happened in the holocaust the over the top poo poo isn't that over the top. The film has pacing problems, and lacks any meaningful plot, but it was actually kind of refreshing. I've seen so many movies that deal with the holocaust which allude to the atrocities or try and humanize certain Nazis that it was refreshing to see a movie where it was "yes these people are loving evil, this is how loving twisted we became towards the end of the war." None of the Schindler List gas chamber is really a shower fake out, no humor like in Life is Beautiful, just an examination of how far down the dark path humans can really go.

Uwe Boll is a lovely person, and he's made a ton of movies which are just garbage, and really this movie suffered from his poor direction. However I'm glad it was made.

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Wow, LT got knocked down 5-6x and still kept getting up. More heart than I remembered.

Goongratulation, Kyanka.... you did it!

I imagine this was going through his head at the time.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I must know, Lowtax. Did Uwe challenge you, or did you challenge Uwe?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Lowtax should have challenged Mr. Boll to a non-contact sport, like bowling, air hockey, drawing web comics, or competitive forums moderation

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.

Roger Craig posted:

Lowtax should have challenged Mr. Boll to a non-contact sport, like bowling, air hockey, drawing web comics, or competitive forums moderation

Or making movies. Guaranteed win for lowtax.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Ricardio posted:

Low taxes rick flair flop was really funny and years later every so often I remember it and I still laugh. Thnaks richard!

I still think about his interview and asking if he can say "gently caress" and then giving a big, cheesy smile.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Yo, imma blob posted:

finally.. .the truth has out.

Didn't Lowtax explain the whole thing in a front page article way back whenever before it happened, about how he'd never seen any of his movies but was going to review one for the opportunity to get punched?
Then somewhere along the way a bunch of people somehow got the idea that he was a legitimate movie critic or something.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
tens of thousands of ppl beat themselves up every year running the ny marathon.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Lowtax are there plans to make Doom House of the Dead

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

lowtax tell him you want a rematch and we'll send my uncle instead. we wont tell him hes a retired pro boxer. flip teh script on him.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I remember when Uwe Boll sent out the challenge he said something about no obvious ringers, so he was never planning on fighting anyone who could potentially hurt him. Lowtax still got in a couple of hits, for America. :patriot: You should've filmed your training then put it in a montage.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wish Lowtax had knocked him the gently caress out, but he's like the least violent person ever. Just always seems happy and friendly like my dog. If lowtax was a dog he would wag his tail a lot.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
if richard had cared about any of us, he would have done a bunch of steroids and died of a heart attack while training.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

spud posted:

I wish Lowtax had knocked him the gently caress out, but he's like the least violent person ever.
Also keep in mind that, when I was in the ring (before the match started), I was still under the impression that this was a PR gag. When he started pummeling the poo poo out of me, I actually said (well tried to say with my mouthpiece in) "what the hell are you doing?" to him. I really couldn't even get a punch in because I was too busy trying to protect my face from his fists.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Lowtax posted:

Also keep in mind that, when I was in the ring (before the match started), I was still under the impression that this was a PR gag. When he started pummeling the poo poo out of me, I actually said (well tried to say with my mouthpiece in) "what the hell are you doing?" to him. I really couldn't even get a punch in because I was too busy trying to protect my face from his fists.

Sounds like the old anvil in the boxing glove trick.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

Fair point. What did you say to the guy at ring side?

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012
Uwe Boll was angry because the critical response to his movies was pretty humiliating. In turn, he wanted to publicly humiliate a few of his critics in a fight he couldn't lose. He was very clear that he would not be pulling any punches. In interviews, he spoke openly about his background as a semiprofessional boxer.

Three of the five participants knew what they were getting into, but two of the them, Lowtax and Ain't it Cool News writer Jeff Sneider, somehow ended up assuming the event was going to be just entertainment with no real boxing involved.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Less Is Definitely posted:

Uwe Boll was angry because the critical response to his movies was pretty humiliating. In turn, he wanted to publicly humiliate a few of his critics in a fight he couldn't lose. He was very clear that he would not be pulling any punches. In interviews, he spoke openly about his background as a semiprofessional boxer.

Three of the five participants knew what they were getting into, but two of the them, Lowtax and Ain't it Cool News writer Jeff Sneider, somehow ended up assuming the event was going to be just entertainment with no real boxing involved.
Are you inferring that somehow the concept of getting flown into another country for the sole purpose of being punched a lot was a conceptually flawed idea?!? I never thought of it that way!

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Uwe boll and Steven seagal should make a movie together

Spend whole time on set trying to sucker punch each other

Plus would possibly be worst movie ever

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012

Lowtax posted:

Are you inferring that somehow the concept of getting flown into another country for the sole purpose of being punched a lot was a conceptually flawed idea?!? I never thought of it that way!

Hey, I applied for Raging Boll as well. Getting flown to another country for the sole purpose of getting punched in the face by Uwe Boll and living to tell the story sounded awesome! Sadly, he turned me down because at that point, we had been in contact for a while and he knew I didn't actually hate him. (Still think most of his movies are pretty poor, to be quite honest.)

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Lowtax posted:

Should have kicked him in the nuts then pretended you thought it was kickboxing at that was allowed and the reason you didn't know any better is because they didn't train you as promised.

Seriously, I try to see the best in Germans because I'm a forgiving man and it was ages ago, and then they pull oval office-tier poo poo like this.

I also feel post match you should have really loving laid into him and his movies a bit more just to wind him up followed by saying he punched like a pussy.

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
At least Boll was successful in proving that he wasn't a bad director by punching people in the face.

Lowtax it's time for a rematch. Get the SA offices back and turn them into a training facility. We want montage footage.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
I fully assumed at the time that it was real boxing, it literally always is in these stunts. I saw a youtube of some debate to be followed by a boxing match and the one beardo got absolutely destroyed, rendering his opinions null and his face a mess

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Lowtax should have whipped out a glock and given him a charlie horse

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
uwe boll's "popularity" has to do with germany wanting to get rid off the hitler guy stigma.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I solely base my opinion of a movie on whether or not the director can beat the living poo poo out of unknowing, untrained individual.

The expendables was the best movie ever!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Uwe makes movies based on video games. They were panned. He took it to the logical extreme, whereas in a video game an immature loser would message you after a round and call you names, challenging you to say it to his face. It's like poetry.

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

echronorian posted:

Uwe makes movies based on video games. They were panned. He took it to the logical extreme, whereas in a video game an immature loser would message you after a round and call you names, challenging you to say it to his face. It's like poetry.

And this is why I love Lowtax... Uwe Bolll is a big dumb rear end in a top hat, Lowtax is a lesser big dumb rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Lowtax posted:

(i think this is one of those things that should be cleared up backstage before the fight starts)

• Locked thread