Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
New High Score reached!

quote:

At least 100 people, 80 of them children, have been killed in a Taliban assault on an army-run school in Peshawar, Pakistani officials say.

Five or six militants wearing security uniforms entered the school, officials said. Gunfire and explosions were heard as security forces surrounded the area.

The army says most of the school's 500 students have been evacuated. It is not clear how many are being held hostage.

A Taliban spokesman says the assault is in response to army operations.

Hundreds of Taliban fighters are thought to have died in a recent military offensive in North Waziristan and the nearby Khyber area.

Link

I bet they brought a proper flag, too. It's a good thing the US beat the Taliban, this could've been much worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

religion of peace ect ect ect

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

but seriously, islam belongs in the trash

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Thats some hosed up poo poo

We have to play cricket in dubai because of those arseholes

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

[agree]

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

80 kids shot dead, gently caress

burn the world

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Torka posted:

80 kids shot dead, gently caress

burn the world

better than 80's kids shot dead, am I right?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Mohammed married a nine year old, he didn't kill them. Pretty sure these guys are NOT following the true message of Islam.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's almost as if certain groups of people hate each other and the US has fanned the flames for decades

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, whatever, I'll care when it's not a third world country

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard

BoonyPC posted:

Thats some hosed up poo poo

We have to play cricket in dubai because of those arseholes

Agreed, it's a fuckin outrage.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
these guys still got a way to go to catch up with Dagestan and Chechnya on the kid killing front

if there was a kid murdering draft the Pakistani Taliban is an early 2nd round pick, easy, you'd be dumb to let them fall further than that. they add some real intangibles to your team

RainMaker
Oct 25, 2012

This is me every time you post.

VikingSkull posted:

these guys still got a way to go to catch up with Dagestan and Chechnya on the kid killing front

if there was a kid murdering draft the Pakistani Taliban is an early 2nd round pick, easy, you'd be dumb to let them fall further than that. they add some real intangibles to your team

Do you have numbers for this?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The over under is 911

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
it's okay. everyone involved is brown

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

RainMaker posted:

Do you have numbers for this?

replace Dagestan with Ingushetia but yeah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_hostage_crisis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

pro tier right there, got themselves some lucrative Norinco sponsorship with that one

Chechnya is a first time eligible lock for the Hall of Fame

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Dec 16, 2014

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

LordArgh posted:

it's okay. everyone involved is brown

Brown people decide to kill brown people and some how that's the white man's fault :rolleye:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
For people who hate America they sure do like to act like us when it comes to killing brown people.

Actually maybe we could use that common bond to befriend them. Let's be pals with the Taliban.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
its important to remember that despite the taliban murdering literally dozens of children for no reason, america is still worse and it is our fault somehow

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

Its weird that the Isis Challenge hasn't become as popular as the the Ice Challenge, does anyone ever remember what that was for?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

BluPotato posted:

Its weird that the Isis Challenge hasn't become as popular as the the Ice Challenge, does anyone ever remember what that was for?

sick kids I think, lol

the Kony Challenge was the best though

Grey Skies
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lets get this thing loving trending #illridewithyou2school

oh wait no one will do it because 1) westerners don't care and 2) we cant blame this on white people somehow

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Jonad posted:

its important to remember that despite the taliban murdering literally dozens of children for no reason, america is still worse and it is our fault somehow

the whole world should be nuked and rehabitated by nothing but pandas.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Seems like just yesterday I was reading the GBS thread about Beslan.....where does the time go

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
Glad my insomnia allows me to hear about this brutal example of man's inhumanity to man a few hours before everyone else wakes up

astupiddvdcase
Nov 30, 2014
They're brown and poor and i don't have any mutual friends with them on FB so i'll save my outrage for the next terror attack on Austarlian soil

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

are we calling ur posting islam these days?

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Over 100 children shot dead now. Real classy guys, real classy.

Quinn could have stopped this. We need to ship Rupert Friend over their immediately to put an end to this.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Dec 16, 2014

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
I guess they're regretting harbouring these idiots now

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
ISI: haha guys good job in Mumbai, way to go...... wait, where are you going? we're still bros right?

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

VikingSkull posted:

ISI: haha guys good job in Mumbai, way to go...... wait, where are you going? we're still bros right?

wasnt that an entirely different militant group that did the 2008 attacks

some poonjabi type group i think

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
yeah but they were backed by the ISI too

and really, is there a difference? I suppose the Taliban didn't give these guys acid and coke, so there's that

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
wait so the militant group fighting the paki government and state security apparatses is also bankrolled by said government and security apparatus

are you getting your talebans mixed up cause that doesnt sound right

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

No its true the ISI literally fund and assist a group waging war against the rest of the government

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
hosed up to think that while I was preparing my morning cup of hot apple cider, a bunch of kids were getting murdered. It scalded my tongue a little, my day is RUINED

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

hosed up to think that while I was preparing my morning cup of hot apple cider, a bunch of kids were getting murdered. It scalded my tongue a little, my day is RUINED

Collateral damage.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Collateral damage.

I'm going to watch Rambo III and remember the good old days

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Masha'allah

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I hope the people of Northern Pakistan keep perspective and come up with a really good hashtag to show these Taliban who's boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

#illbeheadyou

• Locked thread