Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sandy Hook Parents Sue Bushmaster: You Sold ‘Weapon of Choice’ for Mass Murderers
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/12/15/sandy-hook-parents-sue-bushmaster-you-sold-weapon-of-choice-for-mass-murderers.html

not "haha" funny, but definitely comedy. Why cant they just sue the mom or school system for raising a murderer? it makes just as much sense as suing the maker of the tool used.

My gun is much better at murder than that ar-15 and it came with a warning that it was dangerous and not a toy, isnt that enough?

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
smack these retards down and countersue these money grubbing retards bushmaster. Masters of bush

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

Why cant they just sue the mom

lol

quote:

A lawsuit filed Monday by 10 Sandy Hook victims’ families claims Adam Lanza would not have been able to kill 26 people in five minutes without his “weapon of choice,” a Bushmaster AR-15.

“The number of lives lost in those 264 seconds was made possible” by the rifle that was “engineered to deliver maximum carnage with extreme efficiency,” according to the lawsuit against AR-15 manufacturer Bushmaster

sounds like a hosed up marketing technique

jalopybrown fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Dec 16, 2014

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
for a second i thought bushman was getting sued and wondering what diy uavs might have had to do with sandyhook

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
pretty sure literally any handgun could have done the same thing. Reloading takes literally 3 seconds.

Lets discuss the most effcient weapon to kill children with.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

pretty sure literally any handgun could have done the same thing. Reloading takes literally 3 seconds.

a bomb or some kind of bio weapon

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
why don't the parents sue themselves for letting their kids go to school that day

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

bullying

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jalopybrown posted:

a bomb or some kind of bio weapon

yes but then it would have come from the us military and you cant sue them

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

without modern medicine a huge number of babies die during birth so i guess the answer s vaginas

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Vaccinations duh

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Vaccinations duh

yeah this is correct (or rather the lack thereof)

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Sue the earth, from which the materials were taken, which were then engineered to deliver maximum carnage with extreme efficiency.

I mean there's efficiency, then there's EFFICIENCY TO THE EXTREEEEME

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he did have other guns like the jammed Glock police found. What kind of limp wristed baby are you to jam a Glock? Unlike the quality you get from a bushmaster that wont jam in high pressure combat situation

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Fauxtool posted:

yes but then it would have come from the us military and you cant sue them

You could make a bomb at home, hell true american hero timothy mcveigh :rip: did just that and killed nearly as many kids as lanza on accident.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bushmaster's pretty low-budget they probably shoulda gone after Nike for providing him with the high-efficiency military walking apparatus that enabled him to jog around all day without getting worn out.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCDIYvFmgW8

How dare they sell the Fatboy Slim song "Weapon of Choice"?!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
sue all guns

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Sue the Soviet Union for selling Mosin Nagants to neckbeards.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Somebody should sue the parents for bringing the little bullet sponges into the world in the first place.

A condom is cheaper that a funeral.

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

something tells me this lawsuit is doomed to failure

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
what the hell, i find out these fucks are suing me through gbs?? i did nothing wrong

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I can't hug my kid no more but a big rear end pile of money would be nice

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

gary oldmans diary posted:

for a second i thought bushman was getting sued and wondering what diy uavs might have had to do with sandyhook

I though it read "Sandy Hook Parent Sue Bushmaster" and wondered who Sue Bushmaster was and why there was a thread about her.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Sue lowtax for all my terrible posts

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Flying Fortress posted:

something tells me this lawsuit is doomed to failure

Especially when they bring out in court the actors used to stage it.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
i want to sue the shooter's grandmothers.

for giving birth to his parents.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

Fauxtool posted:

Why cant they just sue the mom
The mom is probably, as we say in the legal profession, "judgment proof" in that she doesn't have enough money to pay any substantial judgment against her. Cardinal rule of suits in tort is that you always sue the entity with the money.

As an aside, I hope they win this suit and put Bushmaster out of business. Guns are horrible. :)

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

the pledge of allegiance

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Planned Parenthood

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

I can't hug my kid no more but a big rear end pile of money would be nice

I get the feeling that they don't really expect to win, but are just loving with the gun company/trying to keep awareness up. Can't blame them, really.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Fauxtool posted:

not "haha" funny, but definitely comedy. Why cant they just sue the mom or school system for raising a murderer? it makes just as much sense as suing the maker of the tool used.

It's expensive and time-consuming bringing suit. You sue whoever has the most money first. If you want you can also sue the people who are actually responsible, but that's just for funsies. The important thing is to make sure you're suing them for an absolutely staggering amount of money, multiple millions, and that you include everyone you can think of who has money as defendents. Also you should get a jury and not a judge, because the jury is going to be sloppier and more likely to be influenced by feeling sorry for you instead of the law. At the end of trial you might get a result that looks like this:

Judgement: $50,000,000
Comparative fault breakdown:
  • The murderer, for murdering: %60 = $30,000,000
  • The murderer's mom, for raising a murderer: %10 = $5,000,000
  • The school, for not protecting your kids from murder: %20 = $10,000,000
  • Nike, for letting the murderer move around faster: %5 = $2,500,000
  • Bushmaster, for making the murderer's gun: %5 = $2,500,000

But the murderer's dead and his estate consists of the $20 in his wallet and his last check for $135.70 from Pizza Hut. The murderer's mom pays you $3,000 and then goes bankrupt. The school produces evidence that they don't have any money at all and in fact are millions in debt, blaming the state. Nike and Bushmaster just write you out a couple checks. So you get $5,003,135.70, minus costs of course, virtually all of which came from the least responsible, but deepest, pockets.
If you're really lucky maybe you get the court to declare that not only were Bushmaster and Nike partially responsible, but they also knew about the risk and had deliberately concealed it or otherwise been bad guys, and then you can get punitive damages, where the court tacks on some arbitrary fee which has nothing to do with whatever hurt you might've suffered and everything to do with how much they think it would take to make Bushmaster and Nike feel bad. In that case maybe you get a surprise hundred million bonus, yet another reason to blame Nike instead of the murderer.

edit: your final recovery doesn't include the $20 cash because it was stolen by cops

Companion Cube fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 16, 2014

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Bushmaster can simply prove it was a false flag operation by a secretive cult of satanic jews associated with the federal reserve. Lawsuit is going no where.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
hello i have evidence that uncle joe biden was responsible for snady hook

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Hopefully the parents at the Pakistani Army School learn a good lesson here and sue...Russia?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

obamacare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
If it works they've found a new avenue to regulate dangerous weapons.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
gently caress these yuppies.

Dec 26, 2012

MAXIMUM CARNAGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Pookum posted:

gently caress these yuppies.

maybe look at why the kid went mental?????

nah that takes effort and time, gettin paid from gun makers is cool + fun

• Locked thread