Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
gently caress YOu are irnoic FUUUCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I think at times like this it's best to reflect on Descartes' iconic quote of "cogito ergo sum," or "I think therefore I am" and utilize that as an anchoring point to appreciate the fact that in some undeniable sense that you at the very least most certainly exist and then work outwards from there. Hopefully you'll in turn arrive at a more positive world view and an understanding of your own autonomy.

lol this is some great advice, you can just use this on any problem.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
u should maybe try sleeping in op

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I think at times like this it's best to reflect on Descartes' iconic quote of "cogito ergo sum," or "I think therefore I am" and utilize that as an anchoring point to appreciate the fact that in some undeniable sense that you at the very least most certainly exist and then work outwards from there. Hopefully you'll in turn arrive at a more positive world view and an understanding of your own autonomy.

did this and then masturbated

welp thats my story hth

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice
Meditation on the breath will help you loosen your grip on the mental attachments that cause these feelings. You can only control your actions and attention so focus on those.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Buddha. posted:

Meditation on the breath will help you loosen your grip on the mental attachments that cause these feelings. You can only control your actions and attention so focus on those.

this guy is a fuckin turd

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Take solace in the fact that today is the best day of the rest of your life.

Every day in turn will be the best day of the rest of your life as your life steadily turns to poo poo.

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice

nomadologique posted:

this guy is a fuckin turd

oh my

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

hawk your wares elsewhere, priest

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Make a sandwich op that always cures my episodes of existential dread. Also try killing yourself we need less self pitying fagets roaming bout

WWZD
Nov 17, 2010

it all makes sense now

monkey posted:

Take solace in the fact that today is the best day of the rest of your life.

Every day in turn will be the best day of the rest of your life as your life steadily turns to poo poo.

"Where you are now, you can't even imagine what the bottom will be like."

Greed is eternal
Jun 8, 2008
Is this viral marketing for Hatred?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Sorry Buds.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

a bone to pick posted:

Don't know how I'm supposed to exist peacefully in this world when I abhor everything in it, when I connect more with mass murderers and homeless crazies on the street than my family and friends. I feel like there's no "out", no way to reach any sort of substantial achievement, no way to reach the goals I set for myself, leaving me with an intense hatred and jealousy for those who have. I've been taught my whole life how to succeed and the "right" path to follow but I was never taught how to deal with failure or regret, constantly hating myself for mistakes I've made. I see people every day with these great attitudes, always a smile on their face, most likely well rested and satisfied; how? How do these people exist? Everyone I know is miserable in some way, slowly letting their lives escape them; how are these perfect people happy?

Young people are these hopeless little beings riddled with mental imbalance, taking any small issue and blowing it up into a crisis that needs to be eradicated from the fabricated world they were taught to believe in. Everything is a sham, nothing is real, words don't mean their definition, people don't mean their actions, the only thing I know to be real is entropy. Everything has a beginning and everything was meant to die or degrade, there is no hope, only satisfaction knowing that I'm not the only one with a meaningless existence.

/sleep

cheer up bub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

^ ^ ^ ^
life is, and never will be, this serious. :ssh:

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

College Slice

Just sippin' green tea like it ain't no thang

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

a bone to pick posted:

Don't know how I'm supposed to exist peacefully in this world when I abhor everything in it, when I connect more with mass murderers and homeless crazies on the street than my family and friends. I feel like there's no "out", no way to reach any sort of substantial achievement, no way to reach the goals I set for myself, leaving me with an intense hatred and jealousy for those who have. I've been taught my whole life how to succeed and the "right" path to follow but I was never taught how to deal with failure or regret, constantly hating myself for mistakes I've made. I see people every day with these great attitudes, always a smile on their face, most likely well rested and satisfied; how? How do these people exist? Everyone I know is miserable in some way, slowly letting their lives escape them; how are these perfect people happy?

Young people are these hopeless little beings riddled with mental imbalance, taking any small issue and blowing it up into a crisis that needs to be eradicated from the fabricated world they were taught to believe in. Everything is a sham, nothing is real, words don't mean their definition, people don't mean their actions, the only thing I know to be real is entropy. Everything has a beginning and everything was meant to die or degrade, there is no hope, only satisfaction knowing that I'm not the only one with a meaningless existence.

/sleep

You're experiencing a phenomenon known as "adulthood".

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Claven666 posted:

you should listen to Trapt, really get into that "back off, i'll take you on" mentality

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Claven666 posted:

you should listen to Trapt, really get into that "back off, i'll take you on" mentality

he's headstrong, he'll take on anyone

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
vote ron paul kill your parents

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
get trapt

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Op maybe u should seek therapy

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neukoln19 posted:

Op maybe u should seek therapy

this is a bullshit post

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

/sleep

everything in our life is transient, and all those problems you're describing will come to a head and eventually solve themselves. Like the baby boomer's unchecked narcissism solves itself with their rapidly approaching death, soon their children will die, then we will die, and the things you're upset about will be forgotten, quaint problems and replaced with new ones that give your children or their children the same sort of existential crisis at 7am, which isn't exactly a bad time to wake up, OP.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Youll get over it op

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Jk you wont

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008

THE FUCKIN ROBOCOP posted:

You think that's bad? I woke up at 6:50AM today by the stupid garbage truck right outside my window. I hate Tuesdays

Garbage day?

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
By the way everyone check this fuckin poo poo out. It made me feel better about humans.

http://theconversation.com/nanotechnology-to-outer-space-ten-top-tech-innovations-of-2014-35258

Just think about a cool future with nanobots and technology that will make your life better. An awesome robot future is the only reason I want to live until retirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

This is the face of Lawful Good!

Fun Shoe
Just smoke weed all day every day until you can't think anymore and then just stare at the sunset for the rest of your life

Or a lobotomy, that also works

• Locked thread