Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite cooking tool
Food processor
Slow cooker/crock pot
Classic skillet
Saucepan
Pizza Stone
View Results

• Locked thread
Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
When a person is pathologically lazy, this laziness can leach into other aspects of their life, hobbies, and skills. It usually tends to get worse and worse and worse. So are you or someone you know a lazy cook? What kind of no-brainer food did they gently caress up? What went wrong?

Post your stories about lazy cooking gone wrong. Me, I'm not much of a lazy cook. A cheap cook, maybe, but I usually do my best because I have to eat that poo poo and so it might as well not suck. When someone else cooks though, it's out of my hands and usually time to break out the peanut butter. I live with lazy people.

Stories of lazy cooking as bad cooking:
:siren:
:siren:

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Where I work we cooked grilled cheese and charged $7 for it. Buttered texas toast grilled on a flat top, with 3 cheeses. Done right it is amazing.

Dickbag meth addict I work with puts bread in toaster, puts cheese on toasted bread and microwaves it for 1 minute. Lazy cooking

Quickscope420dad posted:

okay well most of the genuine lazy cooking stories i have are actually the opposite of what you want (good and easy poached egg technique etc) so the best story i got is when i was like 18 and making an omelette. The only recipe i knew involved milk, and we had nearly run out of milk and the only remaining milk had gone off. It wasn't off by ages, just smelt a little funky and was everso slightly lumpy. But I was too lazy to walk to the store to buy fresh milk, and was like "huh maybe by cooking it i'll defeat the problem" so made the omelette

anyway i took less than a bite of it after i cooked it cause it was loving disgusting and spat it out but this was already enough to give me food poisoning for 3 days.

EDIT: Hey, since people don't seem to get it: I'm not asking to come in here and post some bomb rear end slow cooker recipe. Slow cookers are usually An Good Thing. This is about :siren:LAZY COOKING GONE WRONG:siren: not "hey man slow cookers are actually good, you can make a great stew in 'em!" I'm not loving retarded. See above.

Noyemi K fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
1) two packages of ramen, boil in w flavor packet
2) add broccoli in ramen pot to steam
2) in separate pan fry bacon
3) strain ramens
4) add ramen into bacon pan
5) douse in sriacha

Bacon grease absorbed by ramen noodles.

I don't make this anymore

Btw I'm not a big fat fatty but I will become one if my 'tabolism slows

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Lazy cooking is fine if you do it intelligently, like the Italians.

Minijaka
Apr 6, 2006
I'm so original.
Hold cup noodle under water boiler, dispense hot water, overfill, burn my hands and drop the cup noodle on the floor. Order pizza.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Ekster posted:

Lazy cooking is fine if you do it intelligently, like the Italians.

Wildly appropriate post.

In speaking of lazy italian, it can get worse. Ever had lasagna out of a crock pot? I tried it tonight (after having to fry up the sausage this morning to make the abomination) and it was every bit as bad as I feared. The noodles were so overcooked, they disintegrated.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Get a rice cooker..cooking rice and noodle based dishes on easy mode

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Crockpot cooking is not bad cooking OP.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Crockpots were an amazing invention because it meant you could start making your dinner for the rest of the week on a Monday morning and leave and then come home to a wonderful thick stew or some other crockpot food.

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I check to see if all my foods fit in my rear end before i put them in my mouth.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Tsinava posted:

It's not, but there's a time and a place. Roast chicken and pulled pork out of a crock pot are worth the price of admission alone.

a posting ghost posted:

Get a rice cooker..cooking rice and noodle based dishes on easy mode

I have almost every cooking tool available except a panini press and a deep fryer, two things I don't really feel like I need anyway.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Noyemi K posted:

It's not, but there's a time and a place. Roast chicken and pulled pork out of a crock pot are worth the price of admission alone.

I have almost every cooking tool available except a panini press and a deep fryer, two things I don't really feel like I need anyway.

I was telling everybody else, its clear youre a cooking virtuoso

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I like that dude who lives in a pile of garbage and cooks there. he is pretty cool. He once set a steak on fire which set some of the garbage hes living in on fire. i also like it when he drains cooking water into the only working drain left in the joint: the toilet.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

a posting ghost posted:

I was telling everybody else, its clear youre a cooking virtuoso

i taught gordon ramsay how to make his famous beef wellington :smug:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
my sister once put my mothers slow cooker in the oven to hurry up a dish

shes a loving moron

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Nation posted:

my sister once put my mothers slow cooker in the oven to hurry up a dish

shes a loving moron

shiiit I forgot to put dutch ovens on the list! They rock!

MarisasaurusRex
Sep 21, 2011

You whistled wrong. Instead of women, skeletons came.

Noyemi K posted:

panini press

Unnnngggghh gently caress I want a panini press so bad, but I can't reason with myself to spend money on a thing I'll probably use a couple times and then put on a shelf to gather dust.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

MarisasaurusRex posted:

Unnnngggghh gently caress I want a panini press so bad, but I can't reason with myself to spend money on a thing I'll probably use a couple times and then put on a shelf to gather dust.

just broil your sandwiches with a buttered brick on top, hahaha

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Tsinava posted:

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
slowcookers are mad.

i'm gonna cook this poo poo all day while at work, it will be succulent and the meat will disintegrate in my mouth.

cons - 0.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Robbie Fowler posted:

slowcookers are mad.

i'm gonna cook this poo poo all day while at work, it will be succulent and the meat will disintegrate in my mouth.

cons - 0.

joke's on you, you still have to clean it

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
lotta ( a lot of) cooking threads in gbs r.n.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
                 S SS SSSSOYLENT
                           |       /
                           |     /
                           |   /
                           |/
:goonsay:

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
OP, this morning I made a cheese omelette perfectly using a spatula and skillet. It was delicious. I'm really proud of myself. (I think it was because I remembered to add a little milk this time)

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Tsinava posted:

OP, this morning I made a cheese omelette perfectly using a spatula and skillet. It was delicious. I'm really proud of myself. (I think it was because I remembered to add a little milk this time)

How else are you supposed to make an omelet

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Noyemi K posted:

joke's on you, you still have to clean it

joke's on you, i just toss it out the window when i'm done and buy another.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Noyemi K posted:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Noyemi K posted:

ooohh i just learned this in my cooking thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57afEWn-QDg

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Robbie Fowler posted:

joke's on you, i just toss it out the window when i'm done and buy another.

oh, like I do with drinking glasses

acceptable then

hey one of those weird products made to solve a non-problem, like that egg genie thing. unless, like the watermark says, this is for camping... but you can bring a skillet camping too

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
okay i get it you're better at cooking than me. sheesh.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Tsinava posted:

okay i get it you're better at cooking than me. sheesh.

Are you really that bad at it? :confused:

I just have an aversion to weirdly narrow-use products because family members own a lot of them

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Noyemi K posted:

with a non stick frying pan, then you dont need a spatula

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
some people just cannot cook omelettes for the life of them lol

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Eat poo poo raw and with your hands

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Tsinava posted:

some people just cannot cook omelettes for the life of them lol

Have you tried stirring it with a used dildo

used to be poo poo at cooking eggs until I learned that little trick. Perfect french omelettes every time

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i have but i've found adding a splash of milk and whisking it with a fork works much better!

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i dont think i have enough nuance in my cooking skill to master the used french dildo omelette technique

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Anything that works with fire

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Where I work we cooked grilled cheese and charged $7 for it. Buttered texas toast grilled on a flat top, with 3 cheeses. Done right it is amazing.

Dickbag meth addict I work with puts bread in toaster, puts cheese on toasted bread and microwaves it for 1 minute. Lazy cooking

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

i was lazy today so i shoved a bunch of spices, rosemary and olive oil on some chicken breasts and baked it

it was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I miss your old av. Also, this is a good story homie :cheers:

• Locked thread