Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite cooking tool
Food processor
Slow cooker/crock pot
Classic skillet
Saucepan
Pizza Stone
View Results

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

where am i supposed to put my sunglasses now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

dads a mall cop posted:

where am i supposed to put my sunglasses now

On your face while cooking, duh

supercooey!
Mar 4, 2006

LETS GET 'EM, BOYS!!
Muldoon
There is really nothing better than taking 15 minutes out of your morning to properly stock a crock pot before you take off for work. Especially if you're working as a chef with chefs hours.. Lazy?

Every other weekend, I tend to that kitchen 16 hours on Friday, 16 Saturday, and 12 Sunday. Every other hour of those shifts spent making sure there is enough food for everyone to eat, and that it is priced accordingly. Every hour thereafter spent making sure there will be people to eat it, and thinking about ways they'd be willing to spend many dollars on something special that warrants said amount of dollars. Every other minute of these shifts spent trying to teach others how to properly cook this food. All of the other seconds spent pretty much cooking all of that food, while ruining your vocal chords, with a clipboard and computer in your other hand. 3pm deadline for food order(s), or it doesn't happen the next day. Also, about 150 people blowing up your phone, talking nonsense about innovative pretzel buns. Why all at the same time? Why always at 3:30pm?

Lol, the junkie dishie just walked out because a server dropped a steak knife into the cutlery bin, he kinda cut himself, walked out (needs a fix), and now you're doing dishes as well until you can wrangle another kid off the freeway. Could take hours. poo poo happens.

Good lord do I love coming home to my house reeking of dirty jalepeno shredded chicken, or better yet, a delicious flaky potroast with robust meaty potatoes and carrot halves stinking up the place while I smoke a fatty and pound 14 beers before consuming. There is no better feeling. (I have had sex (with myself)).

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

supercooey! posted:

There is really nothing better than taking 15 minutes out of your morning to properly stock a crock pot before you take off for work. Especially if you're working as a chef with chefs hours.. Lazy?

Every other weekend, I tend to that kitchen 16 hours on Friday, 16 Saturday, and 12 Sunday. Every other hour of those shifts spent making sure there is enough food for everyone to eat, and that it is priced accordingly. Every hour thereafter spent making sure there will be people to eat it, and thinking about ways they'd be willing to spend many dollars on something special that warrants said amount of dollars. Every other minute of these shifts spent trying to teach others how to properly cook this food. All of the other seconds spent pretty much cooking all of that food, while ruining your vocal chords, with a clipboard and computer in your other hand. 3pm deadline for food order(s), or it doesn't happen the next day. Also, about 150 people blowing up your phone, talking nonsense about innovative pretzel buns. Why all at the same time? Why always at 3:30pm?

Lol, the junkie dishie just walked out because a server dropped a steak knife into the cutlery bin, he kinda cut himself, walked out (needs a fix), and now you're doing dishes as well until you can wrangle another kid off the freeway. Could take hours. poo poo happens.

Good lord do I love coming home to my house reeking of dirty jalepeno shredded chicken, or better yet, a delicious flaky potroast with robust meaty potatoes and carrot halves stinking up the place while I smoke a fatty and pound 14 beers before consuming. There is no better feeling. (I have had sex (with myself)).

The job I just quit we had two dishwashers. Mike the ex-con (50 year old african american man who tells his stories about running drugs) and Joe. Joe has some birth defect and wears a hearing aid but has a 300lb wife who is a carny. I'm going to miss the kitchen.

supercooey!
Mar 4, 2006

LETS GET 'EM, BOYS!!
Muldoon
I sincerely hope you've moved onto greener pastures, man. Sounds like you have.

You'll never forget about those dickheads, though. It's preposterous.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cover chicken in a mixture of breadcrumbs and hidden valley ranch powdered mix and then put in the oven until cooked

boom, good rear end lazy chicken

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Wow, all stories about making great food and not being that lazy. Doesn't anybody even read the OP any more?

I wanna hear about that time you bought a hotdog toaster because making the weenie and toasting the bun separately were too much work. I wanna hear about that time your uncle thought he could bake all of thanksgiving in one dish.

I don't wanna hear about good food, I wanna hear about garbage that is the direct result of laziness.

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
I've been cooking burgs on a Himalayian salt block.

supercooey!
Mar 4, 2006

LETS GET 'EM, BOYS!!
Muldoon

Noyemi K posted:

Wow, all stories about making great food and not being that lazy. Doesn't anybody even read the OP any more?

I wanna hear about that time you bought a hotdog toaster because making the weenie and toasting the bun separately were too much work. I wanna hear about that time your uncle thought he could bake all of thanksgiving in one dish.

I don't wanna hear about good food, I wanna hear about garbage that is the direct result of laziness.

Isn't that what I just posted, op? That poo poo is pretty much on par.. unless you are Masaokis.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

supercooey! posted:

Isn't that what I just posted, op? That poo poo is pretty much on par.. unless you are Masaokis.

But you said the food turned out good, and also it took 15 minutes, that's not lazy

I wanna hear about lovely kludges, like crockpot lasagne that disintegrates (to use an example)

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Lazy porridge:

put oats in bowl
boil water in kettle
pour some over oats

eat your cheap fuckin lazy porridge

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
only butter the edges of your toast or sandwich bread to avoid needing to butter the centre too

supercooey!
Mar 4, 2006

LETS GET 'EM, BOYS!!
Muldoon

Quickscope420dad posted:

Lazy porridge:

put oats in bowl
boil water in kettle
pour some over oats

eat your cheap fuckin lazy porridge

You are an idiot.

Pour oats in a pot. Half teaspoon of salt. Knob of butter if you're not concerned about cholesterol lol, sprinkle with brown sugar, heavy cream on top..

This thread is consistently triggering me on the reg.

Why are you guys acting so god damned foolish in here?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

supercooey! posted:

You are an idiot.

Pour oats in a pot. Half teaspoon of salt. Knob of butter if you're not concerned about cholesterol lol, sprinkle with brown sugar, heavy cream on top..

yours is way more effort and therefore less relevant to the OP

supercooey!
Mar 4, 2006

LETS GET 'EM, BOYS!!
Muldoon
2/3 cup of oats, and some sort of amount of water that you boil it in. Probably like 3/4 cup, you loving retard homo.

supercooey!
Mar 4, 2006

LETS GET 'EM, BOYS!!
Muldoon
It'll still turn out like poo poo mush, don't worry.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
the gently caress is with your actual measurements you fuckin tryhard

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

supercooey! posted:

You are an idiot.

2 dishes to wash? No Thanks :smug:

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
shove breakfast cereal in your mouth

before swallowing, take a swig of milk

chew (maybe) then swallow

supercooey!
Mar 4, 2006

LETS GET 'EM, BOYS!!
Muldoon
Just happened to finish Escoffier's chapter of quick oats cooking, can't lie.. Just couldn't help myself

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
keep that mcdonalds style cheese packet stuff in front of your kitchen window rather than in the fridge so when you want melted cheese you just open the packet and spread it on, done

supercooey!
Mar 4, 2006

LETS GET 'EM, BOYS!!
Muldoon
So much bullshit controversy over rock salt / sea salt / iodized salt / "no salt"..

It's all such a crock of poo poo, honestly

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
order takeout from the worst local takeout

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Dip Your Hot Pocket In Ranch Sauce.
Don't Hesitate.
You Are Already Eating A Hot Pocket.
Just Enjoy Yourself.

supercooey!
Mar 4, 2006

LETS GET 'EM, BOYS!!
Muldoon
So you mean like pretty much every day of my life until I moved out into the middle of nowhere

Thanks for the advice man lol, that helped greatly!

e; that above comment was directed towards that other dude.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Tsinava posted:

Dip Your Hot Pocket In Ranch Sauce.
Don't Hesitate.
You Are Already Eating A Hot Pocket.
Just Enjoy Yourself.

this is good advice

also, mein thread :smith:

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Noyemi K posted:

this is good advice

also, mein thread :smith:

sorry did i go TOO lazy?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

supercooey! posted:

So much bullshit controversy over rock salt / sea salt / iodized salt / "no salt"..

It's all such a crock of poo poo, honestly
just piss on the floor and use da piss crystals, cooking will sanitize it

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
The Himalayian salt really brings out the flavour of the Wagyu.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Quickscope420dad posted:

sorry did i go TOO lazy?

there is never too lazy dude, post some more

and stories too if you got em so I can add it to the OP

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Noyemi K posted:

there is never too lazy dude, post some more

and stories too if you got em so I can add it to the OP

okay well most of the genuine lazy cooking stories i have are actually the opposite of what you want (good and easy poached egg technique etc) so the best story i got is when i was like 18 and making an omelette. The only recipe i knew involved milk, and we had nearly run out of milk and the only remaining milk had gone off. It wasn't off by ages, just smelt a little funky and was everso slightly lumpy. But I was too lazy to walk to the store to buy fresh milk, and was like "huh maybe by cooking it i'll defeat the problem" so made the omelette

anyway i took less than a bite of it after i cooked it cause it was loving disgusting and spat it out but this was already enough to give me food poisoning for 3 days.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Quickscope420dad posted:

okay well most of the genuine lazy cooking stories i have are actually the opposite of what you want (good and easy poached egg technique etc) so the best story i got is when i was like 18 and making an omelette. The only recipe i knew involved milk, and we had nearly run out of milk and the only remaining milk had gone off. It wasn't off by ages, just smelt a little funky and was everso slightly lumpy. But I was too lazy to walk to the store to buy fresh milk, and was like "huh maybe by cooking it i'll defeat the problem" so made the omelette

anyway i took less than a bite of it after i cooked it cause it was loving disgusting and spat it out but this was already enough to give me food poisoning for 3 days.

Oh, that's... that's actually scary as hell dude what the gently caress :(

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Noyemi K posted:

Oh, that's... that's actually scary as hell dude what the gently caress :(

yeah i'm a loving idiot this has been long established

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
everything made by Sandra Lee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we2iWTJqo98

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I thought I was the worst cook ever but somehow my little brother is even worse. Cooking eggs is probably the easiest thing imaginable but he can't do it. I've had to teach him how to cook eggs on 3 separate occasions, and he keeps forgetting. How? How do you forget how to cook a loving egg?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Uh, I've got one, but it doesn't end in food poisoning.

Two years ago or so I was home trying to make my baby brother something to eat, and I was thinking "well why not learn how to make some pastry while I'm at it". I looked up a recipe for an easy pie crust, and got to work. Immediately, red flags were coming up (I don't remember the recipe but it involved vegetable oil instead of butter and was supposed to be a quick crust). I pretty much followed the orders to the letter, which resulted in a very paste-like product. I squashed some onto a pan, hoping it would at least turn out okay after baking.

So, the "pie crust" comes out of the oven, and it's... well, not liquidy, but it definitely didn't hold well. At all. It was really gritty and basically turned out to be hot sand. What the gently caress was I thinking? So I tried again, and this time I wrapped it around a hot dog for the little kiddo.

I hadn't tasted it.

The taste, from what I remember, was extremely salty, super loving greasy, and sandy. Worst poo poo ever. I didn't find this out until after I served it to the poor kid and he ate the hotdog out of it and left the crust. To this day, I have never ever tried to do lazy pastry ever again, because you cannot afford to gently caress that poo poo up.

A few months later though, I managed to bake a great apple spice cake! And I was many pounds lighter, too. The kids loved it! :peanut:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

Ah yes, Sandra Lee is the essence of what I wanted out of this thread. Going into the OP.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Noyemi K posted:

joke's on you, you still have to clean it

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

actually joke's on me, the lasagna was so overcooked soaking for a few hours didn't get it out. I've gotta dissolve the hard edges with bleach

loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Noyemi K posted:

actually joke's on me, the lasagna was so overcooked soaking for a few hours didn't get it out. I've gotta dissolve the hard edges with bleach

loving hell
lasagna in a slow cooker??

• Locked thread