Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Oh you made cookies again? Why don't you do the loving dishes for once.

Now the sink is full of filth yet again and no one can use it. Thanks.

Topic: angry ranting about slobs you've had to live with including yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
oops i misspelled afterwards. OOPS

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

true

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

this includes all dishes, from prep AND from eating

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

a hole-y ghost posted:

this includes all dishes, from prep AND from eating

And you think it would be intuitive, but to some people, making huge messes and simply leaving them there is a-okay!

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
nothing is more upsetting to me than people who won't clean up after themselves

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If only modern man had invented some sort of device that would wash dishes for you, but such things are purely the realm of science fiction.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

the only thing that motivates these people enough to actually cook in the first place is their impending death from starvation. once that pesky detail is taken care of its back to xbox

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol you have roommates

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Parallax Scroll posted:

lol you have roommates
go back to your piss web spider man :mad:

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Parallax Scroll posted:

lol you have roommates

lol you're on a fixed income

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Poetic Justice posted:

nothing is more upsetting to me than people who won't clean up after themselves

Jim Rustler

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
gently caress you Dad,I'm sick of taking out the rubbish. Just cause you work all day it doesn't mean you can tell me what to do

Pillow Clerk
Oct 18, 2008
I agree w/ the OP.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
Yeah it's pretty easy to clean as you go. Either slam it in the dishwasher or have a sink with hot soapy water and wash once you're done with a utensil.

clean the saucepan once you're done cooking, your food ain't going to go stone cold if it sits there for 2mins.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
if you ate the food don't be a dick and help out

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
If someone cooked a giant dinner for everyone I would help with the dishes. That doesn't happen a lot.

Some people just cook things though and just don't clean up. It's bs.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
lol at all you suckers, i haven't had to wash a single dish since i started my all soylent diet

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
don't leave time on the microwave or i'll bury you alive

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
thats why I hate cooking

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tsinava posted:

If someone cooked a giant dinner for everyone I would help with the dishes. That doesn't happen a lot.

Some people just cook things though and just don't clean up. It's bs.
they just cook for themselves? wtf

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

a hole-y ghost posted:

they just cook for themselves? wtf

sometimes for themselves. most of the times its "for the house" but its really mostly for them and they're willing to share (like cookies)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Haverchuck posted:

Testify.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i want you all to know that im in a safe happy place and don't actually live with people like this anymore. for now. i just wanted to rant.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tsinava posted:

sometimes for themselves. most of the times its "for the house" but its really mostly for them and they're willing to share (like cookies)
yeah but cookies arent like real food

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
One year we made Thanksgiving dinner and the only roommate that didn't make anything was supposed to do the dishes but he kept putting it off and I went on a trip and came back a few days later and the dishes were still there so that's how I ended up doing Thanksgiving Dinner dishes too.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

a hole-y ghost posted:

yeah but cookies arent like real food

it was usually cakes, cookies, brownies, and other terrible junk that crusts itself on the pans because they didn't immediately wash it like they should have.

it really pissed me off.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah my roommates regularly ruin my pans by not cleaning them after they bake something on them.

But I don't mind as much as I usually would because I make them pay for the replacements.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i'm sorry you had to do the super gross 3 day + old thanksgiving dishes

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Viridiant posted:

Yeah my roommates regularly ruin my pans by not cleaning them after they bake something on them.

But I don't mind as much as I usually would because I make them pay for the replacements.

Just get stainless steel. It'll clean off after a tropical mushroom forest grows.

:cooking101:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Thank you for the sympathy and the tips, my friends.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ikanreed posted:

Just get stainless steel. It'll clean off after a tropical mushroom forest grows.

:cooking101:
yeah until it gets really scratched up then it's hard to get stuff off

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

a hole-y ghost posted:

yeah until it gets really scratched up then it's hard to get stuff off

Have you considered not using scissors to cook with, and instead, maybe a nice plastic spatula?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
My roommate will cook poo poo (always for himself only) and anything used in the process will be left at the exact spot where he used it. Like he made spaghetti and there was a strainer sitting on the edge of our sink for like two weeks. If he opens something he'll just leave the top of the package or the twist tie on the counter right where he opened it. And the crumbs, oh god the crumbs. I should open some sort of forensics training course because you can track every move he made by his trail of discarded poo poo. I hardly ever cook anything because our tiny kitchen is always a huge awful mess because he's too retarded to take 15 entire seconds to contain his mess.

Haverchuck posted:

And he loving does this too.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ikanreed posted:

Have you considered not using scissors to cook with, and instead, maybe a nice plastic spatula?
:sweatdrop:

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
No that's fine roommates don't clean the cat food off the knife you used to scoop it out, yeah just leave it laying there on the cutting board that's great.

Oh cool a bowl of chicken wing bones just laying out on the coffee table sweet y'know some people decorate their apartment with bowls of plastic fruit but I can really appreciate this alternative style you're trying out oh that's not an alternative style you just don't feel like throwing it away haha well okay.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Most of the time you just make things harder for yourself by waiting to clean pans anyways. When my brother used to cook bacon he'd leave the dish out and all the fat would stick to the pan. If you just loving rinse it for like one minute after cooking it comes right off.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
i dont understand why you don't visit more. so what if my living space smells like left out food? it's america. I'll clean what i want when i want.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Internet Kraken posted:

Most of the time you just make things harder for yourself by waiting to clean pans anyways. When my brother used to cook bacon he'd leave the dish out and all the fat would stick to the pan. If you just loving rinse it for like one minute after cooking it comes right off.

Aren't you not supposed to wash fat and grease down the sink? That's what I was always told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Viridiant posted:

Aren't you not supposed to wash fat and grease down the sink? That's what I was always told.

certain kinds of fat and grease need to be dumped outside or in somewhere else because they're so thick they can clog your sink when they cool.

• Locked thread