Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
When should I start worrying about the dungeons? I got smoked obviously when I tried when they were first unlocked, but i don't see a clear way to tell how difficult they are. Also I have no idea what's going on with all the bread and converting and leveling skills and whatever else

Edit ok, how do you sell heros? I go to the menu and just don't see a way to do it

tophet fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Anyone else's game get stuck loading at about 90%?

Seraji
Oct 28, 2007

Please wait while custom title and avatar loads...

Haerc posted:

Anyone else's game get stuck loading at about 90%?

Mine started crashing when I loaded levels so I deleted and redownloaded it, now it won't go past 'checking files' :(

I was really quite enjoying this game too, seems like the maintenance has really buggered it.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
Based on my short experience I have a tip for new players: save honor and money for wen you start upgrading from 3-4 star heros. I just have people sitting at max 3 star and I'm nowhere close to upgrading them

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
What are the unit drop rates? Is it fixed or can I get multiples if I keep playing the same dungeon?

I seriously have no idea what I'm doing aside from beating things up with a swordsman, a very flaming looking paladin guy and an archer girl.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

tophet posted:

Based on my short experience I have a tip for new players: save honor and money for wen you start upgrading from 3-4 star heros. I just have people sitting at max 3 star and I'm nowhere close to upgrading them
Good sources of honour early-game:
*Friendspam. With 50 friends, it's 150 honour/day (realistically 100).
*Selling heroes (click the "return" button in the hero screen)*.
*Quests (always abandon non-honour quests at the end of a play session)

Arena's also good, though, uh, you'll need some good heroes to get anywhere. And you get good heroes (mostly) from honour.

*Note that evolving a *1 -> *2 (or *2 -> *3) and then selling is not really a worthwhile source of honour (*1 sells for H20, *2 sells for H80, but costs H50).

crime weed fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 21, 2014

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
I have to say I really love the fact that pulls are a luxury and you can get all the pull units from just running dungeons and promoting units. Doesn't feel like a cell phone game

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

NightfallGemini posted:

What are the unit drop rates? Is it fixed or can I get multiples if I keep playing the same dungeon?

I seriously have no idea what I'm doing aside from beating things up with a swordsman, a very flaming looking paladin guy and an archer girl.

You can get multiples and drop rates seem pretty good. Any regular dungeons with a recruit-able as a boss can be recruited from what I can gather.

One thing I learned is that the Christmas themed dudes are seriously overpowered for their stars. The Santa/Reindeer/Elf especially. Their passive is something along the lines of (If someone else gets 3 block combo) they either get a free 3-block attack or some skill proc. I've reached almost gold just running Elf/Gipang/Reindeer so far. The elf has a stun attack and Reindeer is better than my 5 star healer for some reason.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
How do you get the christmas characters?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Haerc posted:

How do you get the christmas characters?

The Holiday Dungeon Holiday Dream for easy and Holiday Nightmare for hard. The dungeon gimmick is that one is immune to boys and the other is immune to girls, so just mix up the genders in your party. All hits are set to deal 1.2k if its the opposite gender so you want multi-hit characters and plenty of healing.

Drop rates in the easy ones seem about 20% or so

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
Hearing that the Christmas guys are that good makes me a little sad that I only started playing a few days ago. I don't think my wimpy 3 star guys could take down the easy dungeon, even.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

NightfallGemini posted:

Hearing that the Christmas guys are that good makes me a little sad that I only started playing a few days ago. I don't think my wimpy 3 star guys could take down the easy dungeon, even.

I started yesterday and I was able to clear the easy one with 3 three star guys. Just pack alot of multi-hits and heals.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

NightfallGemini posted:

Its worth farming while you're leveling up your dudes. I've finished it a couple of times with 3 star guys by putting my healer as leader and just spamming 3 block heals non stop.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

This game seems pretty cool but I have no friends so I can't get much honor. I joined the line app but it's just a bunch of random people not goon only.

My name is mcpSA if anyone wants to add me.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 21, 2014

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

That's because there's like no community for the game right now. So it's a combination of goons, redditors, and people from app invasion.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Well I managed to get Robin Hood twice from evolving two 3* Archers while trying to get Hanzo. :suicide:

I also got lucky after burning $10 getting a interesting 4* Healer named Yeowoodong. Now I'm trying to decide if I'm to stick with Robin Hood as my third hero or try to get a good wizard Hero after I promote Leon to 4*.

Anyways my name in game is Cobrey if anybody want to add to use my healer lady.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
In as MechaySA if anyone wants to use my vampire

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Anyone know if epic quests are repeatable or not?

:L
Oct 28, 2004

Hanzo really is great. Currently, I'm stuck on one of the deep sea levels, and the only way I'll be able to progress is after I promote my current team, which means I'm in grind mode at the moment for gold, bread, and honor. So for the time being, I figured I might as well try and raise some of the 1-3 star guys I have to get diamonds. This is where Hanzo really shines.

I try and find a level that Hanzo can comfortably solo by himself (usually one of the desert levels). Then, I add 2 random teammates that I want to level up, and start the fights. The two weaklings die within the first 2 rounds, while Hanzo effortlessly throws ninja star after ninja star, beating the whole stage by himself. This will usually get a level 1 hero immediately up to level 5, and then roughly 1 fight per level from there until I hit the cap.

Speaking of which, what's the best way to grind for gold for low-mid game? I know someone else mentioned once certain dungeons open up it will be easy and not to worry so much now, but.. I do need it now, thus the worry. I get my rear end stomped in dungeons it seems, so that is out of the question. Colleseum gave me some pretty good results, but you can only go so often. Besides selling off bread / weapons I don't need, I'm at a loss as to how else I can manage my time and money in this game. Any pointers from long time players? Also, where are some of the really good tier guys drops?

I feel like this game will inevitably have a google spreadsheet started as this is the kind of game that needs it. I'm too technologically inept, but any other goon wanna give it a shot? That way we can also start up a friend's list :)

edit: also, just realized we CAN choose chatrooms in the game, but they're numerical. I'll be in room 8008 if anyone else wants to join and test to see if this works.

edit2: Feel free to add me if you wanna use Hanzo, username is "cheddaaj"

:L fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 22, 2014

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

I finally got a Hanzo :woop:, also got a Christmas unit to drop by the name of A.K.A. Santa.

Not sure if the christmas unit I got is any good though.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
In as ArteaSA.

Also, my starter archer unit is a machine. He can clear entire waves after using a 3 block.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Majinfefnir13 posted:

I finally got a Hanzo :woop:, also got a Christmas unit to drop by the name of A.K.A. Santa.

Not sure if the christmas unit I got is any good though.

The christmas units are all amazing.

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
Okay, how the hell do you beat these Christmas guys? The best team I can muster is a 3 star archer girl, 4 star Cain and 3 star Leon.

E: Almost got it, except the snowman just destroyed me hardcore. I think I need to reacquire the shield goddess before I try this again.

NightfallGemini fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 22, 2014

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Can anyone give me advise in clearing Hard Mode Golem? I've failed it like 10 time now. My team is Gipang, Mew and Leon all at 5 stars. I can burn him down to 30% but after he goes immune to physical damage and starts healing up an insane amount. I feel like I should be able to clear with a full team of 5 stars but I keep falling short.

Another thing I found out. Re-running 1-4 for 1 stam and getting the travelling merchant to buy Christmas cake is one of the most gold/cake efficient way of training your dudes. Christmas cake is a 4* bread sold for 1.3k gold and the merchant carries from 1-3 every time you meet her in Forest normal. Regular 4* bread sells for something like 11k so its a steal.

NightfallGemini posted:

Okay, how the hell do you beat these Christmas guys? The best team I can muster is a 3 star archer girl, 4 star Cain and 3 star Leon.

E: Almost got it, except the snowman just destroyed me hardcore. I think I need to reacquire the shield goddess before I try this again.

The christmas gimmick is that they have a gender shield (All Hail the Singles - Immune to boys and All Hail the couples - Immune to girls) The shield makes it so they take flat damage from all sources of damage of the opposite gender something along the lines of 1.2k per hit registered. So multi-hits are the key to getting them down. It's usually men in the front lines and women at the back, so equip a male archer with fire arrows to melt the girl in the back lines and the damage should be manageable from just 1 guy hitting you.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 22, 2014

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Is there any reason to keep more than one of each of christmas units? I have 3 santas that I've gotten while trying to get the healer unit, so I was wondering if I should sell them or just keep them to promote or whatever.

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
Keep them if you want to make a build with multiples of that same unit. It's similar to pulling duplicates in Brave Frontier.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
How do the Christmas drops work? I want the priest but keep getting Santa every time, am I not farming the right place?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

tophet posted:

How do the Christmas drops work? I want the priest but keep getting Santa every time, am I not farming the right place?

I would like to know this too. Am I just getting unlucky or something?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
I got the priest from the Christmas Dream mission, if that helps. I'm going to guess it's random.

Also, thanks for the christmas cake tip :hfive:

GlenQuagmire
Jan 1, 2005

Pizza Time!

Wassbix posted:

Can anyone give me advise in clearing Hard Mode Golem? I've failed it like 10 time now. My team is Gipang, Mew and Leon all at 5 stars. I can burn him down to 30% but after he goes immune to physical damage and starts healing up an insane amount. I feel like I should be able to clear with a full team of 5 stars but I keep falling short.

Hmm, which Goddess are you using? That might have a role to play in it. You can either use Bella to try and dps him down as fast as possible (maybe not too viable since you don't have 3 attacking chars), or play the long sustain game using Anut before the Golem uses the lazer/stun slam. I personally go the Anut route because it's the safest for me (I cleared using Leon, Nursespy, and Gipa). I also set healer as my main so I can get as many heal blocks as possible.

If anyone wants to add me my ign is "Sidonia", you can probably use my 6* maxed Leon to clear anything up to 3-x hardmode, provided there's a healer to back him up.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

GlenQuagmire posted:

Hmm, which Goddess are you using? That might have a role to play in it. You can either use Bella to try and dps him down as fast as possible (maybe not too viable since you don't have 3 attacking chars), or play the long sustain game using Anut before the Golem uses the lazer/stun slam. I personally go the Anut route because it's the safest for me (I cleared using Leon, Nursespy, and Gipa). I also set healer as my main so I can get as many heal blocks as possible.

If anyone wants to add me my ign is "Sidonia", you can probably use my 6* maxed Leon to clear anything up to 3-x hardmode, provided there's a healer to back him up.

Thank I'll send you an invite when I get home. IGN is wassbix

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

tophet posted:

The bosses you fight are the ones that drop. I had 3 Santa's drop before getting the Rudolph.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Is there a good way to get honor? I have a full 3* team but I don't have the honor to level them. I can only get one or two wins in the colosseum before I get matched up with 4/5* people and get destroyed.

One money tip I've found is to buy the Christmas cake every time you find popo. It gives 125 value and 25% rate for $1,300. The cost per training bread is high so you'll save money in the long run I think.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

mcpringles posted:

Is there a good way to get honor? I have a full 3* team but I don't have the honor to level them. I can only get one or two wins in the colosseum before I get matched up with 4/5* people and get destroyed.

One money tip I've found is to buy the Christmas cake every time you find popo. It gives 125 value and 25% rate for $1,300. The cost per training bread is high so you'll save money in the long run I think.

Collo is one of the best. Try a Christmas Elf/Snowman/Rudolph team. Give the Snowman the Atk boost skill and make him your leader. Everytime the snowman gets a 3 block, you get a free 3 block heal + 3 block stun attack from the elf. It's been competitive against full 5 stars.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Wassbix posted:

Collo is one of the best. Try a Christmas Elf/Snowman/Rudolph team. Give the Snowman the Atk boost skill and make him your leader. Everytime the snowman gets a 3 block, you get a free 3 block heal + 3 block stun attack from the elf. It's been competitive against full 5 stars.

I haven't been able to kill them but now that I know the strategy it might help. I was using a male paladin and female archer but it sounds like I need to swap genders.

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy
I added this to my rotation of games and managed to max out a 4-star. Now I'm grinding the honor to evolve her. IGN is 'Dabre'.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Sometimes I really hate this game's RNG, just evolved my 3* wizard and I got :suicide:Archon:suicide:.

The exact unit I didn't want, 3 out 4 chance to get a semi decent wizard unit I got the most useless one for my team passive wise.

How does armor penetration works, I'm trying to find a loving use for Archon's useless passive.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

God I really hate totem healers. I evolved my healer (pink power ranger) and I got some witch doctor dude who sucks in comparison. The dude is on the "tier list" on the 1st page though

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm so gold starved it's ridiculous.

Also Leon doesn't seem that strong for me right now. Anything I should be doing to change that? He's just a wet paper bag right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

m.hache posted:

I'm so gold starved it's ridiculous.

Also Leon doesn't seem that strong for me right now. Anything I should be doing to change that? He's just a wet paper bag right now.

Compared to the christmas snowman? I'm at ~lvl 25 4* and he's still significantly weaker than the snowman, but I'm pretty sure that's mostly the christmas units being stupidly powerful. On that note, I learned that you shouldn't sell dupe christmas units immediately because they're ridiculously easy to level and sell for 100 extra honor at max level

• Locked thread