Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
After someone promotes they go back to level 1 and do absolute poo poo, I was very disappointed when I promoted Leon, got a skill, suddenly dead every turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Solartide posted:

After someone promotes they go back to level 1 and do absolute poo poo, I was very disappointed when I promoted Leon, got a skill, suddenly dead every turn.

As of 4* though units unlock a passive. For Leon, every 5 blocks he spends he get's a free Sword Judgement attack. At 5* it only takes 4 blocks and at 6* it takes 3. More or less what this means is you can drop over %1000 of damage in 1 second if you get a 3 block followed by a skill block. It will drop 3 swords and it is amazing.

I noticed a major damage increase once Leon got to max level 4*.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Leon's numbers are great but in practice he's pretty lackluster because his range is so limited, in PvP he usually only hits the first 2 guys and not the big dps threat at the back making him pretty unreliable. Susano has pretty similar numbers and his skills hit horizontally across the screen making him do poo poo ton more damage in the end + he takes out the squishes in the back lines.

Also speaking of Susano I've been trying to get Joan for my infinite Goddess loop team + World Boss Stun Lock team and i ended up with 5 Susanos..... Please RNG

Edit: For anyone hoping to do level 2 + of the world bosses. Sasquatch can effectively put the world boss in an infinite stun lock given you can fuel his Mana Recycle reliably. I've been running Yeowoodong and Spyro to feed Blocks/SP and I've been able to solo the 2nd level semi-reliably.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 2, 2015

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
The tutorial introduced dungeons, I got 15 or so dungeon keys but just started the game. Are these things I should do immediately or hold off until later?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Solartide posted:

The tutorial introduced dungeons, I got 15 or so dungeon keys but just started the game. Are these things I should do immediately or hold off until later?

Feel free to dive right in. The keys regen like regular energy.

Wassbix posted:

Edit: For anyone hoping to do level 2 + of the world bosses. Sasquatch can effectively put the world boss in an infinite stun lock given you can fuel his Mana Recycle reliably. I've been running Yeowoodong and Spyro to feed Blocks/SP and I've been able to solo the 2nd level semi-reliably.

How are you farming for these characters? Throwing gems into the class specific Gachapon? I can effectively pull my weight in World Boss 1 but occasionally my healer just get's stomped and then things go south.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I'm full of Bread and low on Gold. Why can't we sell Bread? Ugh.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kheldarn posted:

I'm full of Bread and low on Gold. Why can't we sell Bread? Ugh.

You can.

Go into the training window for your hero and you should see a "Sell" option at the bottom.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

m.hache posted:

Feel free to dive right in. The keys regen like regular energy.

How are you farming for these characters? Throwing gems into the class specific Gachapon? I can effectively pull my weight in World Boss 1 but occasionally my healer just get's stomped and then things go south.

I'm just promoting 3*s into 4*s, nothing special. I just have a tonne of Honor from the PvP arena and lot of Christmas bread from casually farming 1-4 for Popo merchants and the only choke-point I've run into is gold so far. I haven't used the Gachapon beyond the first one, since it mostly seem to spit out 3*s. I've spent gems mostly on expansion slots and I'm still sitting on around 60 gems just from weekly arena gems.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

m.hache posted:

You can.

Go into the training window for your hero and you should see a "Sell" option at the bottom.

Thanks! For some reason, I thought that was another place for selling Heroes back.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
One thing that aggravates me about this game is triggering goddess powers. If you happen to click on a unit/mob it doesn't actually trigger the goddess power.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Wassbix posted:

Leon's numbers are great but in practice he's pretty lackluster because his range is so limited, in PvP he usually only hits the first 2 guys and not the big dps threat at the back making him pretty unreliable.

Yeah I mostly stock his special skill and Foxsniper's throwing star skills and then use them all in an attempt to blow out their healer or ranged person. Once one of them falls, it's usually easier.

Also I'm loving pissed because my Voodoo healer turned into some girl in a bear outfit on promotion. Her heal kinda sucks too.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

:woop:

Well I'm completely done with this dungeon.

Now to try to get Archon to 6* along with trying to get my hands on a Sasquatch for raids.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Majinfefnir13 posted:

Well I'm completely done with this dungeon.

Now to try to get Archon to 6* along with trying to get my hands on a Sasquatch for raids.

I'm still stuck on B14F. It's some utter bullshit is what it is.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is there any point to visiting friends? I know you can send Honor from the Friends List, but I haven't seen that Visit lets you actually do anything...

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

Don't forget to train promoted units ASAP. The stat boost really helps out.

I still can't beat F19 hopefully, I can do the next dungeon. I don't know how that will go though since it will probably be no healers.

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug
Started playing a few days ago, and can't say I'm enjoying it very much due to multiple resource starvation; right now mostly honor, but I can see bread and gold issues showing up soon.

Pulled gatcha a few times, got nothing but 3 stars; also have 3 characters ready to promote if there was enough honor. Tried to do F5 of current ancient dungeon, and passing it is hit or miss, so I can't really farm honor there or from pvp, since I get killed about 3 battles in. Kind of stuck in story mode as well. Should just wait for the honor bonus and see who I get evolved.

Edit: Mew and Joan of Arc, yay!

Rianlee fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 3, 2015

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
Any trick to the last level of the bread dungeon? I just do 0 damage then after maybe 2 minutes they ramp up their damage like crazy and kill me.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Is there a way to know what 1 stars are the good ones? Like Leon, or the wonder woman the guy above me posted? I have been maxing and selling 1 stars and don't want to gently caress it up.

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

Snowmankilla posted:

Is there a way to know what 1 stars are the good ones? Like Leon, or the wonder woman the guy above me posted? I have been maxing and selling 1 stars and don't want to gently caress it up.

The good 1 stars are Leon and the units that drop from Ancient Dungeon F20 randomly, with low probability. They are: Kriemhild, Sigruna, D'Artagnan, Dorothy, and Maria.

Rianlee fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 3, 2015

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Snowmankilla posted:

If you go in the tome on the left side, you will see 6 legendary dudes. Those are the only ones you need to give a gently caress about. Everyone else promotes randomly up to 4*

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

That was exactly what i was looking for! Thanks!

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
When it says weapon speed 1.2, does that mean 1.2 attacks per second, or one attack per 1.2 seconds?

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Been playing this on and off for a couple of days. I dig the art style, both the drawn and pixel art. Looks like the LINE group is maxed out on members, though.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

All right, so next question. What do I do with maxed 3 stars? As a point of reference, I have all the cool Christmas dudes maxed, a 4 star Leon, 4 star healer, and 5 star archer. Then like 10 more maxed 3 stars. Sell? Or keep trying for all the cool 4 stars?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Snowmankilla posted:

All right, so next question. What do I do with maxed 3 stars? As a point of reference, I have all the cool Christmas dudes maxed, a 4 star Leon, 4 star healer, and 5 star archer. Then like 10 more maxed 3 stars. Sell? Or keep trying for all the cool 4 stars?

Roll for the good 4*s or sell them I guess. I still don't have mew :(

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Snowmankilla posted:

Promote the 3*. Do not promote the christmas dudes as you will lose them and they are crazy powerful for being just 3*

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Snowmankilla posted:

Roll for what you want to focus on I'd say. But drop Leon as soon as you can. Leon isn't good in PvP or Dungeons or World bosses cause of his really lovely range in my experience and I regret 6*ing him.

World bossing the ideal team would be something along

Sasq, Spyro, Joan so you can keep the boss stun locked forever.

Pvp is bit more complicated but from my experience the best dudes are:

Alexander (Quest) - Extremely hard to kill. Makes whole team hard to kill. Can equip a 2.5 second stun or the global invul shield.
Susano - Like a Leon but hits all 3 so actually good DPS and armor shred is team-wide
Joan - SP booster can let you make some really cheesy teams like perma Invul team.
D'arta (Dungeon only) - Highest single target dps, can blow up almost any front liner that's not Alexander.
Kriemhild (Dungeon only) - Beefy with stuns and and decent damage.
Cain (Gacha) - Strong DPS with a stun

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc

Wassbix posted:

Roll for what you want to focus on I'd say. But drop Leon as soon as you can. Leon isn't good in PvP or Dungeons or World bosses cause of his really lovely range in my experience and I regret 6*ing him.

World bossing the ideal team would be something along

Sasq, Spyro, Joan so you can keep the boss stun locked forever.

Pvp is bit more complicated but from my experience the best dudes are:

Alexander (Quest) - Extremely hard to kill. Makes whole team hard to kill. Can equip a 2.5 second stun or the global invul shield.
Susano - Like a Leon but hits all 3 so actually good DPS and armor shred is team-wide
Joan - SP booster can let you make some really cheesy teams like perma Invul team.
D'arta (Dungeon only) - Highest single target dps, can blow up almost any front liner that's not Alexander.
Kriemhild (Dungeon only) - Beefy with stuns and and decent damage.
Cain (Gacha) - Strong DPS with a stun

This is super helpful. I have a quest now to get Alexander, and just got Sasquatch. I have a level 6 Leon and level 5 mew and Hanzo, do you think it's worth 6 starring either of them? 6 star is just so expensive.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

tophet posted:

This is super helpful. I have a quest now to get Alexander, and just got Sasquatch. I have a level 6 Leon and level 5 mew and Hanzo, do you think it's worth 6 starring either of them? 6 star is just so expensive.

Mew is the best single target healer, so she's great with something like Alexander or Joan who takes damage for the whole team. Her block passive is decent as well. Thing with healers is they are mostly useful for progression. Later on lot of people ditch healers in PvP and go for pure tankiness or dps. World boss the ideal team is the perma stun team (Just stun locks the boss and he sits there and does nothing) so healer isn't useful there either.

Out of all the healers though I would say Mew and Nine Tail is worth leveling the most.

Hanzo is pretty lack-luster. He doesn't burst enough for PvP and his sustain damage is sorta low for PvE content. Archers in general aren't too good in PvP because all Archer skills are sorta awful compared to Gunners. Hikari is the only decent one due to her passive and attacks being linear, but she's Gatcha.

Sasquatch is great for killing bosses, not so much for everything else. He sounds good in PvP on paper, but in practice he gets like 1 shot by dps and has zero burst. Only time I would use him is if someone is running something like double melee + healer.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 4, 2015

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Are those Legendary units a Gem only thing or do you actually get them elsewhere?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Dizz posted:

Are those Legendary units a Gem only thing or do you actually get them elsewhere?

Legendary units are the weekly ancient dungeon weekly only, on the 20th floor. The drop rates are pretty low though.

The Gem only heroes have a little golden scroll icon at the bottom in the Tome.

Warriors: Abel, Vivian
Paladin: Cain, Vane
Archer: Gon, Hikari
Gunner: Sneak, Devil Bullet
Mage: Alice, Lilith
Healer: Himoko, Nightingale

The best ones out of those are Cain, and Lilith. Decent ones are Nightingale, Gon, and Hikari, rest are pretty bad but they unlock some skills (none of them are very good though thankfully).

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I don't have any of the premium units but the Korean tier list has lilith, sneak, hikari, nightingale, Cain and No. 9 as top tier units.

I like Leon for PvE. He has a ton of health and does high single target damage. My archer can kill the dude in the back if the there is more than one boss.

mcpringles fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 5, 2015

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Wassbix posted:

Sasquatch is great for killing bosses, not so much for everything else. He sounds good in PvP on paper, but in practice he gets like 1 shot by dps and has zero burst. Only time I would use him is if someone is running something like double melee + healer.

This hasn't been my experience at all; I've been running Sasquatch/xmas elf/rudolph (sometimes subbing out Rudolph for a 3rd DPS) for pvp and there is very little that I can't basically stunlock with those two. v:v:v I'm sure I'll find something that kicks my rear end eventually, but I've cruised up to gold without any trouble and that's all that I care about.

Still don't have a team that can beat the stupid gravity dungeon, though. :(

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is Space cadet any good? He's the dude I got from my one gem summon.

In as BTA420

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

I've crashing alot in the Goblin dungeon lately, so many wasted keys. :(

In other news I finally got my Kriemhild to 6*. :woop:

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Is Space cadet any good? He's the dude I got from my one gem summon.

In as BTA420

At 3 star and below it doesn't matter as it will change to a random 4* when you promote it.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Just a heads-up - maybe i'm just having extremely bad luck, but so far trying the latest world boss has crashed the game mid-fight every single time.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Deathwing posted:

Just a heads-up - maybe i'm just having extremely bad luck, but so far trying the latest world boss has crashed the game mid-fight every single time.

It's probably just you. I've successfully killed him a few times already.

As a note for the 4* Mage Alice. The wording on her skill is a little weird but I've managed to figure out the mechanics. She can dish out a poo poo ton of damage.

As it stands now if you use her 3 block it will send out a spade night for 210% weapon damage x2 to a whole line of lines (as long as the lance reaches). If you immediately send another 1/2 block while the spade unit is up it will trigger another spade unit. That spade unit will restart the cycle so you can in essence spam her 3 block attack over and over again. I know it's not a stun lock but I've wiped entire arena teams out with a constant stream of units.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

The Christmas heroes are stupidly OP. When I run into a party of them, I just chalk it up as a loss. How do 3 star heroes roll a party of maxed 4 and 5 star heroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Flying Milton posted:

The Christmas heroes are stupidly OP. When I run into a party of them, I just chalk it up as a loss. How do 3 star heroes roll a party of maxed 4 and 5 star heroes?

It's the stun locking of the stupid archer that makes the team so good.

It is stupid though, they should really nerf the teams.

• Locked thread