Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

m.hache posted:

It's probably just you. I've successfully killed him a few times already.

Are you playing on iOS? From what I can tell, sounds like the Droid version is somewhat more stable.

Anyway, managed to finish a couple fights by force-quitting & restarting the app, then going straight to the boss fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Deathwing posted:

Are you playing on iOS? From what I can tell, sounds like the Droid version is somewhat more stable.

Anyway, managed to finish a couple fights by force-quitting & restarting the app, then going straight to the boss fight.

Android here.

HTC one running Cyanogenmod.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

mcpringles posted:

I don't have any of the premium units but the Korean tier list has lilith, sneak, hikari, nightingale, Cain and No. 9 as top tier units.

I like Leon for PvE. He has a ton of health and does high single target damage. My archer can kill the dude in the back if the there is more than one boss.

I liked Leon till I reached Hard mode, since the ones that wipe you are the high dps mobs at the back. Like the Jellyfish and the Flaming trees, you need to take care of them pretty fast cause their damage is pretty hard to outheal unless you have a Nightingale or an Alexander to tank it. Replacing Leon with something like Susano who hits the backline made it so much simpler.

The Flying Milton posted:

The Christmas heroes are stupidly OP. When I run into a party of them, I just chalk it up as a loss. How do 3 star heroes roll a party of maxed 4 and 5 star heroes?

Christmas Teams had 3* HP pools so you want to just burst them out on the first skill. Leon is also terrible against them, since he just gets stunned and pushed back, while being unable to take out the Green elf at the back (who is the majority of the damage). I had pretty good success on running an Archer that hits all 3 (Gipang in my case) as leader and just blowing up the green elf and your frontline can mop up the other two.

You won't ever stop seeing them even up to Masters cause they are so easy to put together and bring pretty solid results. I've even lost to a team of 3 Green elves with 6* weapons in a party with all 6*s :negative:. Once they go off, they sorta just stun lock you to death. But once you get your 6* guys leveled Christmas teams sorta become free wins because their stats are so low.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

m.hache posted:

It's the stun locking of the stupid archer that makes the team so good.

It is stupid though, they should really nerf the teams.

The archer is definitely the best but the team only works until you're facing 6* in which case you'll get rolled on. The Christmas units are pretty much 5* units in terms of utility but with 3* stats.

I like them a lot given that they were farmable and free which is pretty good for a game like this.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Got my World Boss team up and running, and it can solo the hardest difficulty almost 95% of the time (sometimes really really bad RNG will screw me).

Only issue with the team is that, it does low damage that you want to partner up with the most lovely person you can find. I just carried a guy queuing with a 3* Leon in Ultimate Kranus (somehow) and he got a 6* sword and I got 2 gold bags. I can't imagine it not being patched out but it is pretty funny team. The boss just sits there getting pounded for 5 minutes straight and dies without doing a single thing.

:negative:

If anyone wants help with the World Boss I can probably help out, if you whisper me in game. I have no idea how waiting room or messaging in the game works though.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wassbix posted:

Got my World Boss team up and running, and it can solo the hardest difficulty almost 95% of the time (sometimes really really bad RNG will screw me).

Only issue with the team is that, it does low damage that you want to partner up with the most lovely person you can find. I just carried a guy queuing with a 3* Leon in Ultimate Kranus (somehow) and he got a 6* sword and I got 2 gold bags. I can't imagine it not being patched out but it is pretty funny team. The boss just sits there getting pounded for 5 minutes straight and dies without doing a single thing.

If anyone wants help with the World Boss I can probably help out, if you whisper me in game. I have no idea how waiting room or messaging in the game works though.

I might take you up on that in 20 minutes. I need to beat the mid range level first and will be bringing in 2 5* and 1 4*.

I can swap out the 4* mage for a 4* sasquatch in the mid 20's if you want some more stun.

IGN: ArteaSA

EDIT: I added you and farmed up some meat from the Colosseum. Let me see if I can figure out how to set up a waiting room.

EDIT 2: I'm in waiting room 1245. I think if you just type that in you'll connect with me.

m.hache fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 5, 2015

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

m.hache posted:

I might take you up on that in 20 minutes. I need to beat the mid range level first and will be bringing in 2 5* and 1 4*.

I can swap out the 4* mage for a 4* sasquatch in the mid 20's if you want some more stun.

IGN: ArteaSA

EDIT: I added you and farmed up some meat from the Colosseum. Let me see if I can figure out how to set up a waiting room.

EDIT 2: I'm in waiting room 1245. I think if you just type that in you'll connect with me.

Sure I'll Arena up some meat and try to join.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Wassbix posted:

I also sent you a invite, my IGN is Cobrey

I'll probally farm up some meat before trying to do Ultimate first.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
I'm out of meat so I can't run again till later but Enjoy whoever I just helped out!

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wassbix posted:

Sure I'll Arena up some meat and try to join.

Good run.

That 4* bow I got will be a nice little boost to my Hanzo.

If you've recharged later and no one else takes you up on an offer hit me up for the Tier 3 boss. I think I can DPS him down quick as long as he's stunned.

Also the Line group is full and I can't join it :(

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

m.hache posted:

Good run.

That 4* bow I got will be a nice little boost to my Hanzo.

If you've recharged later and no one else takes you up on an offer hit me up for the Tier 3 boss. I think I can DPS him down quick as long as he's stunned.

Also the Line group is full and I can't join it :(

Sure. Though I haven't noticed any better drops in T3 vs T2 so might be better to keep running T2s for 6*s. I'm not completely sure though.

Pretty funny I got out dps'd by bunch of 4*s, but hey it gets the job done. Boss got one attack in the whole time.

I'm not in the Line group either, though it looked pretty barren when I checked last time. Maybe someone can make a goon group?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wassbix posted:

Sure. Though I haven't noticed any better drops in T3 vs T2 so might be better to keep running T2s for 6*s. I'm not completely sure though.

Pretty funny I got out dps'd by bunch of 4*s, but hey it gets the job done. Boss got one attack in the whole time.

I'm not in the Line group either, though it looked pretty barren when I checked last time. Maybe someone can make a goon group?

That was my Alice wrecking poo poo. Not sure if you were able to detect those hoards of card guys flying at the boss.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

It's really frustrating that I have crashed 13 times since yesterday trying to do the world boss. :(

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
What should I be spending my jewels on early game? I don't need it to refill meat since I don't play the game enough to run out of meat.

Should I be rolling for heroes? Class specific or random? 'Cause Yeewooleo or whatever is doing fine in the healing department, I feel like rolling random healers isn't helping, but they are cheaper.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Solartide posted:

What should I be spending my jewels on early game? I don't need it to refill meat since I don't play the game enough to run out of meat.

Should I be rolling for heroes? Class specific or random? 'Cause Yeewooleo or whatever is doing fine in the healing department, I feel like rolling random healers isn't helping, but they are cheaper.

The Gachapon isn't that great at dishing out 4*+ heroes so you're probably better off spending it on expanding your hero cache as time goes on. More or less sit on the diamonds until:

1. You need to expand a certain storage and can't be bothered to sell anything
2. Meat
3. A hero gachapon sale happens and you give in to your base instincts and OMG PULL THAT LEVER GET GOOD DUDES.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Leon is bad right? Should I level up sword dudes or paladins and hope i get a good 4 star melee?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Solartide posted:

Pulls and Storage space would be the choice then. Most premium only guys are all pretty decent with couple really good ones. Healer wise Nightengale would be the best possible pull.

Dizz posted:

Leon is bad right? Should I level up sword dudes or paladins and hope i get a good 4 star melee?

I would say yeah he's not worth 6*ing, but out of sword dudes only Joan and Susano is the outstanding ones. Sword skills are in general worse than the Paladin ones, as well. Good Paladins would be Alexander, Cain (gacha only) and Kriemhild (dungeon only).

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 5, 2015

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wassbix posted:

Pulls and Storage space would be the choice then. Most premium only guys are all pretty decent with couple really good ones. Healer wise Nightengale would be the best possible pull.

Hey Wass, want to do another go at the boss?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

m.hache posted:

Hey Wass, want to do another go at the boss?

Sure make a room I got enough food for 1 Tier 2

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wassbix posted:

Sure make a room I got enough food for 1 Tier 2

Room # 1255

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Did you just get a 6* priest weapon?

I hope you did.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

m.hache posted:

Did you just get a 6* priest weapon?

I hope you did.

5* one. I haven't gotten a 6* one to drop yet haha.

Edit: Room 1255 for T2 Kraken if anyone wants a free run

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 5, 2015

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

Wassbix posted:

I would say yeah he's not worth 6*ing, but out of sword dudes only Joan and Susano is the outstanding ones. Sword skills are in general worse than the Paladin ones, as well. Good Paladins would be Alexander, Cain (gacha only) and Kriemhild (dungeon only).

This is interesting. I've been feeding 4* Leon a lot of bread to promote it to 5, should I cut my losses and stop, opting to promote some paladins? 'Cause on the other hand, it seems like promoting random 3* paladins to 4* is a lost cause when the only good one is Alexander. On the other hand, based on what you say, melee characters all seem to be pretty crap, but I need someone on the front line right?

Or maybe I shouldn't be worrying about this right now.

I feel like I hit a scaling wall, the next story mission has level 41 bosses but my 4* characters top out at level 40. Been grinding away at coins and bread to promote them.

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008
Anyone on android looking to do t2? Need to bust it out

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Solartide posted:

This is interesting. I've been feeding 4* Leon a lot of bread to promote it to 5, should I cut my losses and stop, opting to promote some paladins? 'Cause on the other hand, it seems like promoting random 3* paladins to 4* is a lost cause when the only good one is Alexander. On the other hand, based on what you say, melee characters all seem to be pretty crap, but I need someone on the front line right?

I feel like I hit a scaling wall, the next story mission has level 41 bosses but my 4* characters top out at level 40. Been grinding away at coins and bread to promote them.

Honestly, 5* Leon is my bread and butter at this point. I know his range isn't the best but you can belt out 1000% Damage with a few well timed blocks.

Perhaps get him to 5* and just keep him there while you level others, or max him at 4* and start boosting others. While he might not scale very well into the end game I'm still able to get to Gold in PVP/Cleared the game on Normal/Kill the first Raid boss.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Solartide posted:

Promoting it to 5* is probably okay just to make progression, but 6* leap is a huge investment of gold and bread (almost 80k gold I think?) so might be better saving for better units. Also don't worry about Mob levels, hard volcano dudes are like level 90. Melee units are also great just the difference between good ones and bad ones are sort of a big gap. Leon does poo poo ton of damage but his range limits him to being lackluster in practice compared to his potential, for example when he hits all 3 in PvP with his passive he blows people up, just most of the time you only end up hitting 1 or 2 guys only.

jackchaos posted:

Anyone on android looking to do t2? Need to bust it out

I'm sitting on room 1255 for T2 if someone wants to be carried through it.

Edit: Done

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 6, 2015

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008
Nvm

jackchaos fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 6, 2015

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Anyone want to jump on making a goon LINE room? If not, I'll make one since the room in the OP is full and maybe dead.

I beat the boss of the desert stage with my archer as the last man standing...and then he walked into a poison puddle in the victory screen and died. Stage failed :v:

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

The line chat kinda sucks anyways. I don't think we really need one. I think it would be more beneficial to set up a room number for doing world bosses.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc
I propose that goons always use chat room 8008 like someone proposed earlier.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I don't think Leon is bad, he's still a heavy hitter at 6* and he's free. He just doesn't have good synergy with other units and his attack animation sucks.

At what level do you guys start grinding the world boss? I can never seem to get a weapon to drop so I've just been leveling my dudes since weapons don't seem to give a noticeable advantage.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Kegslayer posted:

I don't think Leon is bad, he's still a heavy hitter at 6* and he's free. He just doesn't have good synergy with other units and his attack animation sucks.

At what level do you guys start grinding the world boss? I can never seem to get a weapon to drop so I've just been leveling my dudes since weapons don't seem to give a noticeable advantage.

Soon as you can basically. Weapons with good conversions make a huge difference. For example the 5* Sword/Bow with 3 Attack conversions can get you something like 30~75%+ Hero Atk power and even 1 armour/resist pen can make you deal full damage to targets in Arenas.

Rolled 3 Crit power mods on my bow for Gipang and his crit went from 2700 to 4700.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
To expand on that my 5* sword on Leon has
Hero ATK Power +6%
Critical Damage +86.25%
Resist Penetration +95

and he can crit for 5.4k.

I'm not sure the Resist Pen is doing anything for me though. I think Armor pen would make more sense.

EDIT: Wass, if you're up for another boss run I'm in Channel 8008.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
All the 5* weapons I have are just bought from Popo.

Did two more runs of the world dungeon and ended up with more gold. Welp

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I had to head to work but I'm back into the 8008 channel Wass.

Once I get a little more beefy I'll likely return the favor to anyone that needs it.

My one gripe with this game is how when some of my units die I still get their blocks showing up. It always seems like the 1 guy I'm up against get's his 3 block skill every few seconds. Probably just RNG but still annoying.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Kegslayer posted:

All the 5* weapons I have are just bought from Popo.

Did two more runs of the world dungeon and ended up with more gold. Welp

Avoid buying anything from Popo that isn't a Christmas cake or a Colosseum Ticket (if you can get 7-10 wins), its all so over priced and easier to get else where. Especially weapons/heroes.

m.hache posted:

I had to head to work but I'm back into the 8008 channel Wass.

Once I get a little more beefy I'll likely return the favor to anyone that needs it.

My one gripe with this game is how when some of my units die I still get their blocks showing up. It always seems like the 1 guy I'm up against get's his 3 block skill every few seconds. Probably just RNG but still annoying.

Out of food and at work so nothing till much later today unfortunately I'll hop onto the channel when I get a chance.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wassbix posted:

Out of food and at work so nothing till much later today unfortunately I'll hop onto the channel when I get a chance.

No worries. I'm just chilling in 8008 while at work.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Hello, I am another Brave Frontier refugee. I'm lv.11 and so far I have a Rank-4 Drake (paladin) and Rank-4 Korin (wizard). I have both a priest and archer ready to rank-up to 4, but I don't know who to prioritize on.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

burntpork posted:

Hello, I am another Brave Frontier refugee. I'm lv.11 and so far I have a Rank-4 Drake (paladin) and Rank-4 Korin (wizard). I have both a priest and archer ready to rank-up to 4, but I don't know who to prioritize on.

Probably your priest since you already have a tank and DPS class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008
Is crow any good? I have a 5 start gun and want to know if I should level him to 5 star.

• Locked thread