Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Martout posted:

This thread reminded me that Ali Larter for some reason had three roles in that trainwreck.

Thanks a lot you guys :mad:

I hope the new episodes introduce the final Ali Larter triplet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Astroman posted:

So Aurora is the new Eclipse, eh?

:sigh: I'm not usually one to hatewatch but in this case I might as well just give up and go with the flow. Cause that's what this show is doing...

I'm gonna have to use this thread to keep up. Season 4 ended and was soon followed up by the announcement of the series' cancellation, and I was disappointed. I wanted it to be renewed specifically so that I could not watch it. But instead I had to live with the reality that I had seen the entire series from start to finish. Now this mini series is finally giving me another chance at achieving my dream. Welcome back Heroes. I can't wait to not watch you.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

WhyteRyce posted:

Saying increasingly bad means that season 3 was better than 4. It was not. I mean season 4 was garbage but it wasn't trash can on fire garbage. Maybe he can continue an upward trend and the mini series will be just bad

If I remember correctly, wasn't season 4 outlined by Bryan Fuller? Like I know he didn't do any writing for it, but I thought he got to design its overall story arc before he left at the end of season 3. Fuller's basically the only person capable of making Heroes any good.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

FlamingLiberal posted:

What else can they really do with him? They've already done the 'discovers powers thing', and the 'loses powers' thing. The character's not that interesting.

I hope they make him turn retarded again.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Phenotype posted:

No, that was Peter. Hiro was just a huge pussy anytime they needed him for anything.

Except when he had amnesia, or a child mind, or brain cancer

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

PassTheRemote posted:

Wait, Earth Magneto who was killed by a villain before he could do anything of importance?

oh wait, this is Heroes, so probably yes.

No, Earth Magneto was the carnie in season 4, as opposed to Not-Magneto who was a Villain in season 3 and got killed.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I do genuinely like the idea of a show about powered people being hunted and how they react.

So the second half of season 3?

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Gorilla Salad posted:

A good show about powered people being hunted and how they react.

Then what are you doing in the Heroes thread? :rimshot:

E: Oh man, punch line as a page topper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Bruteman posted:

edit: oh yeah, and the reason Sylar didn't steal their powers was because at the start of the second season, he was unable to use his after the fight in Kirby Plaza because reasons.

Which also caused him to lose all the powers he had up to that point except the telekinesis, including the cool ice power that was never explained because the S3 flashback episode that went over his origins decided to show him getting an explosion power that he had never been seen using at point during S1 instead.

• Locked thread