Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Heroes just kind of sucked sometime during season two and then it just got worse and worse until no one remembered it existed.

I'm okay with it getting a second shot, but I get the feeling it's not going to do much better. At the very least, I'd like to see Coleman do Noah Bennet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Android Blues posted:

Season four was actually fine and decent. Not great, but had a holding-together plot and some decent bits. It was season two, three and parts of one that were really cataclysmically bad.

Season one had some rough edges, but they were more a sign of things to come than awful in their own right. I think it's easy to look back and see it as worse by mere association.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Argue posted:

From what I can remember, it had to do with a horseback accident he had. The doctor said he had to keep his neck as still as possible and not turn it a lot, or his neck would break and kill him. Having been informed of this at length, the Heroes crew then kept asking him to do stuff that he really just shouldn't. I don't remember if they actually went forward with filming those or if it only got as far as him refusing to film them.

(Incidentally, this is also the same reason Stephen Tobolowsky holds Dan Harmon and Community in high regard; when he told them about it, they wrote around his limitations because they really wanted him to play that guest role and he said it made him feel useful again :unsmith:)

Edit: Oh, that Community tidbit seems to be unrelated to the horseback riding accident; it was a different medical thing that happened years later, which sounds about right timing-wise.

From everything I hear, Dan Harmon and the entire Community crew are really stand-up people. Speaks volumes about how insufferable Chevy Chase can be.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bbf2 posted:

Nathan died in every single season.

Sounds like a superhero series to me.

• Locked thread