Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Are the same creators and writers team involved (or any subset of them)?
Because if they are, I'm staying far away from this.

And yeah, I agree that Heroes had almost one good season (the first one minus its finale) but what really ticked me was how hosed up that second season was; so many pointless stories and characters and at least one thread left tangling unresolved because the writers strike happened and instead of providing some closure in the next season/chapter, basically Kring decided that gently caress all viewers of his lovely series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So they are just continuing in the same universe, right? I mean, they dumped all but one (or few) from the old cast, and probably are going to have some guests later on, but this looks like the same garbage with a new cast, trying to fit in an explanation of why the old ones got wiped out.

I kind of thought it would be more of a radical change. Maybe an entirely new universe, ignoring everything about the old one.

Anyway, that was bad and all over the place. I feel bad for Zachary Levi; his character would maybe have been interesting (because in concept it has potential) if there was someone capable writing/ directing him. I like the actor, but that was a terribly clumsy written plot line for him and his wife. Also, because this can't be said enough, the video game parts were awful.

and... looks like we are getting a rehash of "save the cheerleader - save the world" with that teleporter kid. God, this show ran out of fresh ideas years ago.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Blazing Ownager posted:

They stole this from House of Cards.

Also BBC's Sherlock.

• Locked thread