Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
The thing to remember about the lights flashing underneath the door was that at the time it happened it was a loving brilliant hook for the viewers. Season 1, watched in a vacuum for the first time by all of us was an amazing experience. The show moved quickly, it seemed to have a solid storyline, and the effects were top notch for the time. The episode "Company Man" was legitimately awesome TV writing and what most of us thought were movie level special effects as a literally melting Claire emerged from her irradiated home and then regenerated before our eyes. So the lights flashing underneath the door seemed completely acceptable, because we all were 100% sure that it was a tease for something that would happen in the last episode. Season 1 seemed like it was all leading up to this amazing climax and every episode along the way just pumped us up more and more...

...then the final episode of season 1 dropped a giant turd on our laps and most of us were really upset. Everything after that was poo poo that everyone else here has already talked about. Season 1 of Heroes pisses me off so much, because I remember how excited we all were when it was airing. Holy poo poo, what a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Quinto being such a good actor is probably what caused Sylar to linger around like such a bad fart through most of the series. Everything about his character in Season 1 seemed to indicate that he was the villain of THAT storyline and was never meant to be carried forward after that. Season 1 was really beautifully arranged, and it was so obvious that the last episode was supposed to be this climax where all the assorted "heroes" finally arrived in the same place (due to time fuckery by Peter and Hiro) at the same time in order to overwhelm and kill Sylar in the last few moments where he would still be vulnerable...and I still have no clue what happened in that finale. There must have been some last minute re-writes, because it looked so goddamn tight up to that point.

EDIT: Like, it's obvious that they realised they had a star on their hands, but it really ruined the show to keep him around like that.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
The first two episode set-up with Hiro seeing New York explode 31 days in the future and then ending the episode with him returning back to seconds after he departed was probably the single best set-up for a season I had seen at the time. It was so anti-LOST by basically telling us what was going to happen and WHEN it was going to happen that it basically blew most of us away. I still can't believe the writers that gave us that two episode opener when on to write Season 2 and 3.

• Locked thread