Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

swickles posted:

Which WR I play in my Flex spot (RB is not really an option, its an 18 team league so there is no one on waivers either):

Sammy Watkins vs. Buffalo

OR

Josh Gordon vs. Carolina

OR

Marques Colston vs. Atlanta

I also picked up Dunbar in hopes Murray is ruled out, so he is an option as well, but I don't think a great one.

League is ESPN standard scoring with .5 PPR.

Sammy Watkins is against Oakland which is a money start

Josh Gordon has JFF throwing to him against a much improved defense

Marques Colston is hot or cold but ATL isn't exactly the best defense

Sammy is the safe play with Gordon being the potential home run.

Here's my issue though, my wideout situation (yahoo standard scoring 1ppr)

Pick 2 Wideout and a flex

Donte Moncrief
Reggie Wayne
Larry Fitzgerald
Deandre Hopkins
Malcolm Floyd
Marcus Wheaton

Reggie Wayne/Fitzgerald/Hopkins are all nursing injuries otherwise I would have went with those three but now I'm starting to second guess myself. With Hilton not playing I'm thinking that Wayne may have a good day but Moncrief is very tempting. Hopkins is the biggest potential of all of them but has an ankle injury and Case Keenum throwing to him. Larry Fitzgerald is going against SEA with a third stringer.

I am starting Floyd for sure with Allen going down.

I'm thinking of picking Wayne back up off waivers and going Floyd Wayne Hopkins.

Someone talk me out of it!

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
Non-PPR, i need a WR2:

Torrey Smith @HOU
Josh Gordon @CAR

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

thrawn527 posted:

D/ST, Yahoo.

NYG @StL
StL vs NYG
Mia vs. Min

Bumping once. I don't think I can go StL due to our Lord and Savoir ODB. Thoughts?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Bumping once. I don't think I can go StL due to our Lord and Savoir ODB. Thoughts?

Ooph, thats a tough one. I'd almost recommend Miami, just because that NYG vs STL can go either way defensively.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

thrawn527 posted:

Eli isn't going to be able to throw to ODB with his face in the turf.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

I'd prefer Miami, then St. Louis, then NYG, in that order. None of them should be awful, though.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Alright, going Miami. Thanks!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Re: Jeffrey vs Gordon

fat greasy puto posted:

yikes. anyone on waivers?

Asiata (its a flex slot)
Charles Johnson
Moncrief
Landry

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kevyn posted:

Re: Jeffrey vs Gordon

Asiata (its a flex slot)
Charles Johnson
Moncrief
Landry

Moncrief might be worth a look, and the few sites I've read start/sits for this week all suggest Landry as a decent start.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Advice please

10-team standard Yahoo - $350 on the line

Torn between TY and Mike Evans for flex.
I have Jordy and AB already so they are in. Been riding TY with Evans on the bench recently but unsure about TY's hammy

Also - The Cock and Balls matchup

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Meydey posted:

Advice please

10-team standard Yahoo - $350 on the line

Torn between TY and Mike Evans for flex.
I have Jordy and AB already so they are in. Been riding TY with Evans on the bench recently but unsure about TY's hammy

Also - The Cock and Balls matchup

It's looking more and more unlikely that TY will play. You will probably have to play Evans.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Martellus Bennett or Travis Kelce? I like the matchup against the Pittsburgh DEF, but loving Andy Reid. :iiam:

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Martellus Bennett or Travis Kelce? I like the matchup against the Pittsburgh DEF, but loving Andy Reid. :iiam:

i prefer kelce here

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Elysium posted:

Ok guys, here's what I'm looking at:

I have to start Murray right? Would you start Julio if it looks like he's going to play? Should I slot in Harry Douglas over Gordon if he doesn't? .25 ppr and return yards only notable rules. Yes, it's only 8 teams, and yes, I've mostly dominated this year.

julio or harry over gordon yes, i might consider joique over forte this week but it depends how you rate the bears offense with clausen. and yes murray needs to be played unless hes inactive this week

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

nollij posted:

Non-PPR, i need a WR2:

Torrey Smith @HOU
Josh Gordon @CAR

torrey

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Pick 1. Yahoo Standard + .5 PPR

Alfred Morris vs PHI
Tre Mason vs NYG

I'm thinking Mason. I just don't trust the Redskins to not be awful. I also have Spiller vs OAK but I'm not comfortable with that play. Murray/Randle is my other RB.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Pick 1. Yahoo Standard + .5 PPR

Alfred Morris vs PHI
Tre Mason vs NYG

I'm thinking Mason. I just don't trust the Redskins to not be awful. I also have Spiller vs OAK but I'm not comfortable with that play. Murray/Randle is my other RB.

I like Mason as well.

0.5 PPR, need a FLEX:

Matthews @WAS
Douglas @NO
Herron @DAL
Moncrief @DAL

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Bellmaker posted:

I like Mason as well.

0.5 PPR, need a FLEX:

Matthews @WAS
Douglas @NO
Herron @DAL
Moncrief @DAL

I'd go with Moncrief if Hilton doesn't play (and it doesn't look likely).

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I'd go with Moncrief if Hilton doesn't play (and it doesn't look likely).

Assuming no Julio and no Hilton, you'd take Moncrief over Douglas?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Well, Julio Jones is starting so I have to redo my flex.

0.05ppr
Ertz, Hopkins, Kelce, Latavius Murray, Joseph Randle, Harry Douglas

Hopkins might not play so who should I start in his place if he sits? Leaning Ertz because of the match up. Just worried because he plays on Saturday.

e: Doug Martin is on the wire but I don't want to be that guy who lost because he fuckin' started Doug Martin

0.5ppr
LaFell, Harvin, Gio B, Rivera, Harry Douglas

I know I asked about this one earlier in the thread, but I'd like to run it past y'all again. I feel like Harvin might be the better choice just due to usage.

e: also Rashad Johnson vSea or Patrick Chung @Jets? I picked up Chung as a match up play.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Dec 20, 2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I may be committing the fantasy cardinal sin of overthinking things, but here I am, hat in hand.

Matt Forte
Joique Bell
Jeremy Hill

Only 2 RBs, no flex spot. I want to start Joique, can't risk benching Hill and losing his points again, and The Jimmy Clausen Experience makes me wary of Forte.

Someone help me get my head on straight :(

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

This is pro question that requires a pro answer.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Pick a FLEX (no PPR ESPN):

Crowell @ Carolina
Landry @ Minnesota
Gray @ NY Jets

Experts all say Crowell, but he's had so many duds that I'm tempted to start Landry for a little consistency. Gray is obviously the biggest gamble, any word on who Belichick intends to throw in there this week?

Not in the championship, but can still get my $100 back with a win Wk16-17.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Suave Fedora posted:

This is pro question that requires a pro answer.

In PPR I'd play Douglas.

In standard.....I dunno. And it's too bad that I don't know, because I have to make to exact same decision (with Jordan Matthews as an option as well to make it even more confusing.)

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Pick one, ESPN standard-

Benjamin vs. CAR
LaFell @ NYJ
Matthews @ WSH
Douglass @ NO

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Benne posted:

I may be committing the fantasy cardinal sin of overthinking things, but here I am, hat in hand.

Matt Forte
Joique Bell
Jeremy Hill

Only 2 RBs, no flex spot. I want to start Joique, can't risk benching Hill and losing his points again, and The Jimmy Clausen Experience makes me wary of Forte.

Someone help me get my head on straight :(

Honestly? I would go J Bell and J Hill. Forte vs Lions defense with a lovely quarterback and the worst defense backing him up...I call that a gamble.

RVProfootballer posted:

I'd start Douglas because he has that history of production, but Julio Jones is looking like he's going to play. Moncrief should still be fine with TY out.

tonic posted:

Pick a FLEX (no PPR ESPN):

Crowell @ Carolina
Landry @ Minnesota
Gray @ NY Jets

Experts all say Crowell, but he's had so many duds that I'm tempted to start Landry for a little consistency. Gray is obviously the biggest gamble, any word on who Belichick intends to throw in there this week?

Not in the championship, but can still get my $100 back with a win Wk16-17.

I'd go Crowell. Their defense isn't what it used to be and the Browns like to run.

warcrimes posted:

Pick one, ESPN standard-

Benjamin vs. CAR
LaFell @ NYJ
Matthews @ WSH
Douglass @ NO

Tough. I'd say Matthews then Douglas if Jones sits.

And mine, a few posts up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3688608&pagenumber=3#post439207645

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

old dog child posted:

Well, Julio Jones is starting so I have to redo my flex.

0.05ppr
Ertz, Hopkins, Kelce, Latavius Murray, Joseph Randle, Harry Douglas

Hopkins might not play so who should I start in his place if he sits? Leaning Ertz because of the match up. Just worried because he plays on Saturday.

e: Doug Martin is on the wire but I don't want to be that guy who lost because he fuckin' started Doug Martin

0.5ppr
LaFell, Harvin, Gio B, Rivera, Harry Douglas

I know I asked about this one earlier in the thread, but I'd like to run it past y'all again. I feel like Harvin might be the better choice just due to usage.

e: also Rashad Johnson vSea or Patrick Chung @Jets? I picked up Chung as a match up play.

I hate starting TEs in a flex spot. Murray seems to have the best floor. And yeah, LaFell is a no brainer though Bernard can do some receiving damage.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

coronaball posted:

In PPR I'd play Douglas.

In standard.....I dunno. And it's too bad that I don't know, because I have to make to exact same decision (with Jordan Matthews as an option as well to make it even more confusing.)

Matchews has been so variable that I would be confident leaving him out of the calculus

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

.5 PPR

Rivers or Ben?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I'm overthinking this. Sticking with my man Jordan Matthews against the terribad Redskins secondary.

If Hilton is out, how do you feel about Fleener(@dal) vs cook (vs nyg)? 0.5ppr

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

. 5 PPR, need a flex.

Morris v Phi
Gordon v. Car
L. Murray v. Buf
Kelce v. Pit

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

ESPN Standard Scoring.

Romo vs Colts
or
Sanchez @ Wash

Also, no that Julio is starting should I roll with...

Roddy White @ NO
or
Josh Gordon @ Car

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Bellmaker posted:

I'm overthinking this. Sticking with my man Jordan Matthews against the terribad Redskins secondary.

If Hilton is out, how do you feel about Fleener(@dal) vs cook (vs nyg)? 0.5ppr

I'd go Fleener.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

ESPN Standard Scoring.

Romo vs Colts
or
Sanchez @ Wash

Also, no that Julio is starting should I roll with...

Roddy White @ NO
or
Josh Gordon @ Car

Washington is really bad...but personally I still lean towards Romo here. Sanchez has been pretty terrible himself lately.

And I'd go Roddy. Can't trust that Browns passing game at all right now and Matty Ice is rolling.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

. 5 PPR, need a flex.

Morris v Phi
Gordon v. Car
L. Murray v. Buf
Kelce v. Pit

This is tough. Don't like Murray against the Bills or Gordon in general this week. Difficult to trust either Morris or Kelce week to week, but I feel slightly better about Kelce.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm in the DeMarco boat along with a lot of you guys.

Need 2 RBs in 0.2PPR from this group:

DeMarco Murray vs Ind.
Jeremy Hill vs. Denver
Mark Ingram vs. Atlanta
Jonathan Stewart vs. Cleveland
Lamar Miller vs. Minnesota

Ingram obviously has a really good matchup. He's hasn't impressed me the last few weeks though. And Hill has looked really good but has a bad matchup with a good Denver D. Or I could just start Hill and Ingram? Not really considering Stewart or Miller.

Anyone have any thoughts on mine? I've changed my mind a hundred times since posting and currently have DeMarco and Ingram in there.

One other option that I hadn't really considered is that I could start all 3 of Murray, Hill and Ingram and bench Randall Cobb. Feels like this should be a week for him to get back on track though. The Packers should be pissed.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Gobias Ind. posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on mine? I've changed my mind a hundred times since posting and currently have DeMarco and Ingram in there.

One other option that I hadn't really considered is that I could start all 3 of Murray, Hill and Ingram and bench Randall Cobb. Feels like this should be a week for him to get back on track though. The Packers should be pissed.

i really like stewart with dwill trending towards being inactive, and i dont like jeremy hill but hes hard to sit after last week. if it were me id probably make that swap, but i understand if you leave it alone

edit: also like cobb this week, all this hype about tampa bay trending upwards in their defensive play really seems hollow when you look at their schedule from the last 5 weeks

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Man, I don't know. I don't think you can sit Ingram. He's still getting the vast majority of the carries and is against awful Atlanta run d. Despite Hill's quality, I'd probably lean towards benching him and playing Ingram. Bernard still got a lot of touches last week, and may get even more as the passing back against Denver. I would personally probably go Murray, Ingram, Cobb, but I would be very sad about not being able to play all four. You really can't go wrong with any of them, though.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Thanks guys. I have dominated this league all year (due to my insane depth. Gonna be real pissed if I lose) so I've been dealing with decisions like this a lot. I appreciate hearing some other perspectives.

I'm currently leaning Murray/Ingram/Cobb as well. Hill looked so good last week but the Denver matchup really does make me take pause when I've got other good options. I like Stewart a lot this week too, but I just don't think I can fit him in.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Washington is really bad...but personally I still lean towards Romo here. Sanchez has been pretty terrible himself lately.

And I'd go Roddy. Can't trust that Browns passing game at all right now and Matty Ice is rolling.

Your thoughts were lining up with what I was thinking. Thanks for the feedback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Seriously considering Matt Ryan over Peyton this week. I have Julio/Douglas slotted for one of my WR spots, so I'd be riding and dying with the Falcons, but I expect a high scoring game (and I think Vegas does too).

Is this DSYS territory or does Peyton's last few performances plus Matt Ryan's hot streak justify putting Peyton on the pine?

• Locked thread