Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dev site:
http://www.destructivecreations.pl/

Gameplay Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV3PhvCf_Jg

What is it?
Probably another game meant to serve as clickbait by being really edgy or something. You kill people and wear a trenchcoat.

Should I buy it?
Probably not.

Is this on steam?
Yes, it's on early access.

Talk about this game and stuff here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

In a completely unrelated matter I think Nazi's are bad.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kibayasu posted:

In a completely unrelated matter I think Nazi's are bad.

Controversial opinion but I think that might squeak by here.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

blarrgughg rights censorship first amendment blkalsdfoieru NAZIS

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
brianna wu's goty 2014

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

allow me to tell u how much i dont care about this game but will still buy it to spite social justice "warriors"

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

MinibarMatchman posted:

allow me to tell u how much i dont care about this game but will still buy it to spite social justice "warriors"

ok

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I cucked a fascist. Lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Fat Lowtax posted:

I cucked a fascist. Lol

:wth:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fat Lowtax posted:

I cucked a fascist. Lol

not again... :(

Tosca Cake
Oct 30, 2011
this game is dumb

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

where are the concern trolls now huh

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Finally a game that caters to the untapped edgy misanthrope 13-year-old who hates colors demographic.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Finally a game that caters to the untapped edgy misanthrope 13-year-old who hates colors demographic.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

anita sarkeesian is hot

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is it too late to pre-order for the elliot rodger skin?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i really like it when people rant about free speech over things like this

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is basically just the first Postal game with better graphics.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I believe that people should love, instead of hate

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I will buy this game then post on my gold rated Reddit account about how no woman will love me even though I am a nice guy.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I said come in! posted:

I never played the postal games but I was always under the impression that they didn't take themselves seriously.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tCiEq5YaJE

So is that the thing that got everyone stirred up? :shrug:

Oh right, it's in the OP. I'm gonna pretend that was a ninja edit. Still don't get the rage.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

quote:

Hatred is an isometric shooter with disturbing atmosphere of mass killing, where player takes the role of a cold blood antagonist, who is full of hatred for humanity. It's a horror, but here YOU are the villain. Wander the outskirts of New York State, seek for victims on seven free-roam levels. Fight against law enforcement and take a journey into the antagonist's hateful mind. Gather equipment of the dead ‘human shields’ to spread Armageddon upon society. Destroy everything on your way of hunt and fight back when it's disturbed...

...just don't try this at home and don't take it too seriously, it's just a game. :)

The question you may ask is: why do they do this? These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colorful, politically correct and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment – we wanted to create something against trends. Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure. Herecomes our game, which takes no prisoners and makes no excuses. We say ‘yes, it is a game about killing people’ and the only reason of the antagonist doing that sick stuff is his deep-rooted hatred. Player has to ask himself what can push any human being to mass-murder. We provoke this question using new Unreal Engine 4, pushing its physics (or rather PhysX) systems to the limits and trying to make the visuals as good as possible. It's not a simple task, because of the game's non-linear structure and a lot of characters on the screen. But here at Destructive Creations, we are an experienced team and we know how to handle the challenge!

I think the smiley they use on their website description for the game is what sells this.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I will buy this game then post on my gold rated Reddit account about how no woman will love me even though I am a nice guy.

:agreed:

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
A modern postal game sounds possibly good if it's not buggy and lovely (it will be).

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

DrManiac posted:

I never played the postal games but I was always under the impression that they didn't take themselves seriously.

They also weren't made by literal nazis

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Ddraig posted:

You don't know that :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CrashCat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tCiEq5YaJE

So is that the thing that got everyone stirred up? :shrug:

Oh right, it's in the OP. I'm gonna pretend that was a ninja edit. Still don't get the rage.

The entire premise of the game is mowing down innocent people who don't fight back or put up much of a fight at all. Hatred has little to no consequences for doing this that i'm aware of, so it's just a mass shooting simulator. Making a game like this doesn't really sit well with me, especially when it's not trying to make any sort of point or social commentary. It just wants to be an edgy game about killing innocent people.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I'm not gonna lie when I see pushing physics to the limit I get a mental image of Bethesda trying to make Postal so you run up behind a guy and try to snap his neck and he ragdolls away and knocks down several people

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
a video game about killing things, this a breath of fresh air in the industry i tell you what. all that time we spent shooting nazis and it turns out we should have been letting them make video games instead

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ddraig posted:

Someone spell this out for me. Are the devs behind Hatred, neo-nazi's?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Heinrich Himmler's clone descendant has the weirdest boner right now somewhere in South America

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

DrManiac posted:

Is it too late to pre-order for the elliot rodger skin?

They were going to include Seung-Hui Cho but it didn't work well with the focus groups.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I said come in! posted:

The entire premise of the game is mowing down innocent people who don't fight back or put up much of a fight at all.
Oh, okay, that's dumb then. At least in GTA etc. someone actually tries to stop you. Though you could get that with a cheat code if that's your preference.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

I said come in! posted:

Not really; this is just so monochromatic and boring. Who cares how much better resolution the graphics are when it's all so dull?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Opposing Farce posted:

a video game about killing things, this a breath of fresh air in the industry i tell you what. all that time we spent shooting nazis and it turns out we should have been letting them make video games instead

I'm kind of disappointed it doesn't have some poignant social commentary likes the games of yore, the intricacies of Imp social structure in the original Doom is still relevant in today's world.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Not really; this is just so monochromatic and boring. Who cares how much better resolution the graphics are when it's all so dull?

Yeah but the first Postal was dull and boring as well. :v:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Still holding out for possibility of a pacifist run in this angry shooty game, devs please do so to ensure goatee status.

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
You can oppose this game and the lanky Polish sociopaths behind its development by just not thinking about it. By thinking about it and discussing how bad it is online you are giving the lanky Polish sociopaths power and reach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Hatred is made by Nazis, but then again Romero made Daikatana so which is the greater evil I ask you?

• Locked thread