Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Hatred is legit edgy but harmless clickbait idiots fell for. It might be a good game or it might not be (probably won't). Won't care until a demo is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Snark posted:

Hey, someone was upset about it enough to buy me the Avatar. Can't say SA goons don't care. Can't say who the someone is, because I don't know, nor do I need to.
i think they bought you that for being an idiot not because of the game

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ddraig posted:

Here's the big difference between this game and any other game that features violence:

This game was made by neo-nazis, or at the very least neo-nazi sympathizers.

You may be able to kill hookers and russians in other games but the big difference is when you do so you're not directly funding nazis. I'm sure there's a big audience out for this game, and they have all rights to sell it, I just don't really think Steam should be funding nazis.

Nintendo shill detected

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Ddraig posted:

Here's the big difference between this game and any other game that features violence:

You may be able to kill hookers and russians in other games but the big difference is when you do so you're not directly funding nazis. I'm sure there's a big audience out for this game, and they have all rights to sell it, I just don't really think Steam should be funding nazis.

Proof that they are nazis and general information about polish neo nazis would be nice.

Thanks.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Betting that all the ethics in journalism kids defending the low quality game will pirate it anyway.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

is anyone actually raising a furor over this game? most of the articles and stuff i've seen have been 'it would have been controversial in 2004, but in 2014 it's just kind of dumb and laughable.'

Well there's that one guy who is obsessed with nazism, and changed my title, and Doug Lambardi from Valve who I assume removed it from greenlight to begin with. Who knows why though.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

Ddraig posted:

You aren't funding nazis with this one either. That has, as I understand it, been debunked several times now. Don't let that take away from your righteous rage high though!

Endorph posted:

i think they bought you that for being an idiot not because of the game

It was in direct response to my commenting on the game. Hell, they even conflated me and Powercrazy in issuing it.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

GAMES AS ART

According to the devs, this game was legit meant to infuriate these people and they are the ones rallying against it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ddraig posted:

Actually I tihnk this guy and the guy at Valve are literally the only people who care. Wait, does Ddraig work at valve :ohdear:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Betting that all the ethics in journalism kids defending the low quality game will pirate it anyway.

This is already turning into a GamerGate discussion thread by painfully loving dumb self hating nerds.

EDIt: Can we please have a mod stomp out that dumb poo poo now. I don't want Gators or Tumblr activists to feign moral superiority here when both of them should be shot in the street.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The Snark posted:

You aren't funding nazis with this one either. That has, as I understand it, been debunked several times now. Don't let that take away from your righteous rage high though!

It was in direct response to my commenting on the game. Hell, they even conflated me and Powercrazy in issuing it.

Do you really draw pictures of naked children as expressed in your avatar text

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

The Snark posted:

Debunked by who? The developers?

Yes, I'm sure the people who have links to fascist organizations sure are a trustworthy bunch. Their self-penned family history of how the suffered from Nazi oppression is proof enough that their ties with fascists are merely for the purposes of obtaining unbiased news.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

Why as it happens, no! I do not nor ever have! Indeed, I invite you to go through my posting history to find one instance of me so much as endorsing such a thing.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

The forced avatar was meant for someone else.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ddraig posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-fil-A_same-sex_marriage_controversy

Remember this one? Remember how a bunch of people ignorantly ate a bunch of chicken sandwiches before they knew how heinous the people were that were getting the chicken sandwich money?

Sometimes I'd rather just eat a chicken sandwich and not know the rest.

Oh yeah, and their sales have only improved during and since everyone found out they were colossal shitlords.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The Snark posted:

Indeed, I invite you to go through my posting history

Ew no thanks

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ddraig posted:

Yes, I'm sure the people who have links to fascist organizations sure are a trustworthy bunch. Their self-penned family history of how the suffered from Nazi oppression is proof enough that their ties with fascists are merely for the purposes of obtaining unbiased news.

could you shut the gently caress up and give the proof youve been hiding under your hate boner already

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Ddraig posted:

Debunked by who? The developers?

Yes, I'm sure the people who have links to fascist organizations sure are a trustworthy bunch.

Proof.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the thing about chic fil a is that the hatred they exhibit for homosexuals apparently makes the chicken loving delicious

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Please stop buying products from China; you're supporting a totalitarian communist regime that is responsible for the death of at least 60 million people.

Thank you.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

We all know the endgame of these disgusting neo nazi fascist developers!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Riso posted:

Please stop buying products from China; you're supporting a totalitarian communist regime that is responsible for the death of at least 60 million people.

Thank you.
yeah ill stop buying all those video games made in china like

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Ddraig posted:

From what I recall one of the developers liked a news website that was ran by neo-nazis. He later unliked the page and said "I was viewing that news website for news on Area XYZ" .

Insert snarky comment about how facebook likes are hitler

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Riso posted:

Thank you.
Good point. *throws smartphone in garbage*

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_OeXVPJfM4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

Several portions of games are being outsourced to Chinese companies now; FFX/FFX-2's remake had most of its graphics work outsourced to Virtuos based out of Shanghai, for example.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

holy poo poo im dying

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Exmond posted:

From what I recall one of the developers liked a news website that was ran by neo-nazis. He later unliked the page and said "I was viewing that news website for news on Area XYZ" .

Insert snarky comment about how facebook likes are hitler

whoa, thats like the first step man, soon they will occupy the sudetenland and start a genocide imho

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

electronics.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

"Published on Nov 1, 2014"

So this steaming turd of a controversy has been brewing for weeks and some shitpiles decided to make some news to kick it over hoping it would smell fresh. Great.

(loving great video though)

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
"Two newly-promoted Japanese politicians moved Monday to distance themselves from allegations of extremism after pictures emerged of them posing alongside the leader of a domestic neo-Nazi party. The pictures will add fuel to claims that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is increasingly surrounding himself with people on the right of Japanese politics."

Nintendo and Sony pay taxes in Japan so basically half of Games supports Hitler

Sig heil Wario!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
The Gamergate one was really good too.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
I'm envious of your avatar actually, Powercrazy. The "Mass Simulators" fuckup makes it particularly special. If you ever change it, I might have to buy it myself.

They were SO HIGH on self-righteousness they couldn't be arsed to double-check their work. Sieg Hail indeed.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Widestancer why did you made this thread its just going to be unironic arguments between tumblr and /pol/

Isn't Games bad enough already

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

RottenK posted:

Widestancer why did you made this thread its just going to be unironic arguments between tumblr and /pol/

:greencube:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Please dont buy this game that is about murdering people! This different game about murdering people is a lot better because its ~satire~

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Snark posted:

I'm envious of your avatar actually, Powercrazy. The "Mass Simulators" fuckup makes it particularly special. If you ever change it, I might have to buy it myself.

They were SO HIGH on self-righteousness they couldn't be arsed to double-check their work. Sieg Hail indeed.

Agreed. That's why i haven't changed it yet. (also I'm trying to find another quality Heart-rear end avatar).

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

RottenK posted:

Probably thought Spanlove was getting bored and would need more fuel to throw on the hellthread.

Like you could just merge these four pages in there as is and nothing of value would be lost. Probably wouldn't even look out of place aside from the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Resident Evil 5 is about killing all the black people.

• Locked thread