Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
What was your worse Christmas Ever?

My Granny died on last New Years eve but before that happened we had a Christmas with her dying in the other bedroom while we all ate and tried to keep happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
it will be this one

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
my dad died p near to christmas when i was a kid

we didnt get a tree and my mom drank a lot

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
:(

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I was on a road trip from North Carolina to California. We were in Oklahoma in some poo poo Oklahoma town. Nothing was open except a Denny's. The Denny's was surprisingly packed to the rafters and I marveled at how many people spent loving Christmas eve dinner at a Denny's. They were out of desserts. My boyfriend and I both got ill from the food and spent our evening fighting over the bathroom at our Motel 6.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
my dad decided that christmas day was the perfect time to tell all us kids he was leaving our mother

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Outpost22 posted:

my dad decided that christmas day was the perfect time to tell all us kids he was leaving our mother

what the hell thats terrible

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Outpost22 posted:

Balances out the disappointment because you had loads of presents. Seems like a smart dad to me.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
December 25th, 2005 I was in the icu after a bone marrow transplant and just coming off morphine. Withdrawls made me an rear end in a top hat, yelled at my dad who came to visit, didn't want anymore visitors and spent the day alone writhing in agony and pleading for more morphine. Got a knock on the door that night, nurse brought in a present from some girl scouts who said Merry Christmas from the hallway. Gave away the little CD player they gave me but still have the Patriots scarf that it was wrapped in.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Luvcow posted:

December 25th, 2005 I was in the icu after a bone marrow transplant and just coming off morphine. Withdrawls made me an rear end in a top hat, yelled at my dad who came to visit, didn't want anymore visitors and spent the day alone writhing in agony and pleading for more morphine. Got a knock on the door that night, nurse brought in a present from some girl scouts who said Merry Christmas from the hallway. Gave away the little CD player they gave me but still have the Patriots scarf that it was wrapped in.

what kind of horrible fucker gives a patriots scarf to a suffering person

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Last year the shitter was full

dirty nub
Jan 19, 2009

I ate Chinese food and watched firefly with an old autistic woman. Actually it was pretty good.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
It's gonna be this one :)

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Outpost22 posted:

My mom pulled this a few years ago.

My dads went into hospice last tuesday so pretty good chance its gonna be this one.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
So far it's a tie between the time grandpa died on Christmas day or the year the family went to Disney world, we all got a horrible flu the first day, and spent the rest of our vacation puking our guts out and having fever dreams.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Gay santa raped my butt :(

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

Gay santa raped my butt :(

sorry he must have mixed up our letters

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
that time when me and my bro actually got presents cuz. we both got iphone 4s. then he also got a nice laptop and i was like "man im getting something cool aswell" but nope i got nothing more lol

equality

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I once spent Christmas Day stuck in an airport 500 miles from home because of a sudden storm that grounded all the planes.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Octy posted:

I once spent Christmas Day stuck in an airport 500 miles from home because of a sudden storm that grounded all the planes.

A real man would have met some girl there, hosed her, and started a new family. Why didn't you do this?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Skilleddk posted:

that time when me and my bro actually got presents cuz. we both got iphone 4s. then he also got a nice laptop and i was like "man im getting something cool aswell" but nope i got nothing more lol

equality

was this seriously ur worst christmas b/c u must lead a charmed life dude

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Every Christmas. There is a reason why it is the period which the most suicides during the year. Everyone around you is happy and thankful and surrounded by people who care, and you are alone, rotting on the inside(and in the case of goons: on the outside aswell), maybe drinking yourself to an uncaring stupor. What I am saying is, Merry Christmas to you assholes, enjoy it if you are lucky to not be like described.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
I got ocarina of time but the power was out for like 2 weeks because of a bad storm so I didn't get to play until school started again. It was loving bullshit.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
life is suffering i found out santa is not real and that jesus was a jew

buy a hotdog!
Oct 24, 2010
It's going to be this Christmas for me because my terminally ill stepfather is dying. He could pass any time and has reached the point of hallucinating and not knowing who people are or what's going on around him. He has been bedbound since I flew in a week ago and has barely eaten anything. :(

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

that time i got hammered in ny and me and my retard friend took 2 hookers home. then they got pissed and knocked me out of my wheelchair and the tard just stood there like a henge

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

that time i got hammered in ny and me and my retard friend took 2 hookers home. then they got pissed and knocked me out of my wheelchair and the tard just stood there like a henge

nice

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

what wheelchair you rocking?

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
My mom got me a wallet for Christmas with a hundred dollar bill in it. I opened the wallet and said, "Great, velcro." She ripped it out of my hand, gave me the $100. She started crying and calling me a piece of poo poo ungrateful bastard and cut the wallet in half with a pair of scissors. It was a good thing, because I was never going to use that wallet. It was velcro. Honestly, this is my favorite Christmas memory, don't know why I'm posting it here.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

what wheelchair you rocking?

a lovely gi insurance one

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

buy a hotdog! posted:

It's going to be this Christmas for me because my terminally ill stepfather is dying. He could pass any time and has reached the point of hallucinating and not knowing who people are or what's going on around him. He has been bedbound since I flew in a week ago and has barely eaten anything. :(

Suffocate him with a pillow now so he doesn't ruin Christmas by dying on that day.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
was it worth it?

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
2007. My mom was dying in the ICU and was in and out of a coma the whole week. She croaked on the 27th. My dad spent the whole time super drunk and tried to kill himself on xmas at the big family gathering my mom's side of the family was having.

I only kept myself sane by watching the rest of my family snipe at each other and by making terrible jokes about the whole situation.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
getting your legs blown off i mean

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i told those goddamn bitches to leave like the dickens

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Darkman Fanpage posted:

life is suffering i found out santa is not real and that jesus was a jew

Any Hebrew that can turn water into wine is one righteous Jew. Happy Hanukkah!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Any Hebrew that can turn water into wine is one righteous Jew. Happy Hanukkah!

it actually says he watered down the wine and sold it at marked up prices

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

it actually says he watered down the wine and sold it at marked up prices

i heard he and his thugs went around loving up the other usurers tables so he could have a stranglehold on moneylending

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
probably when i was like 20 and my parents stopped giving me gifts, i was like wtf man.

then i had dinner and it was p good, so no complaints really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Is Definitely
Jan 10, 2012
2011. I was in the middle of losing my job due to depression and performance issues at work. I had tried committing suicide a couple of days before. My mother didn't notice anything or didn't want to notice anything because she was busy complaining to me about her dysfunctional marriage. My father was a drunken mess, as usual. It was absolutely terrible.

• Locked thread