Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I don't smoke weed and find cheech and chong films humorous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

please don't compare shitbirds franco and rogan to cheech and chong

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/12/the-interview-is-a-pretty-smart-movie/384082/

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
youtube gave me a full refund AND a code for another movie rental and i even told them i downloaded a copy after theirs didnt work and it was better..lol

part of the reason theirs didnt work is because i used a VPN to access it, then logged into youtube on my phone from overseas, and that blocked me. good on them for not caring that i did that.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a posting ghost posted:

youtube gave me a full refund AND a code for another movie rental and i even told them i downloaded a copy after theirs didnt work and it was better..lol

part of the reason theirs didnt work is because i used a VPN to access it, then logged into youtube on my phone from overseas, and that blocked me. good on them for not caring that i did that.

that is cool i like this lil google company all the kids are talkin about

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Stux posted:

please don't compare shitbirds franco and rogan to cheech and chong

idk man with enough weed anybody seems like a genius :420:

haha maybe there is such a thing as too much

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nuanced satire in which Jong Un says margaritas are a gay drink and also worships Katy Perry

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Have you ever considered maybe you just don't "get it?"

Stankdick honeydick put this thing up your butt.

The Grapist
Mar 12, 2003

All in all I think I had a pretty normal childhood.

etalian posted:

nuanced satire in which Jong Un says margaritas are a gay drink and also worships Katy Perry

If drinking margaritas and listening to Katy Perry is gay, who the hell would want to be straight?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
mcconaughey goat gently caress

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

etalian posted:

this but unironically

The Grapist posted:

If drinking margaritas and listening to Katy Perry is gay, who the hell would want to be straight?
this sincerely

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

so I saw a bit about it on the news, is there really a bit where Rogan says slowly "sooo... you want us.... to assassinate the president?" and Franco goes WOOOOOAAAAHHH in a retarded way?

I'm sorry, but that is hosed. How is that comedy? It's like LAUGH HERE NOW

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Dont be fooled by the idiots itt the interview is just a really bad movie it isnt worth your time at all. Like... Way worse than pineapple express somehow. Just lazy jokes and bad writing/acting/plotting the whole time and the moments where they (try to) ape Inglorious Basterds are by far the most embarassing.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
The Interview: A Robert Schneider Film

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Chrpno posted:

so I saw a bit about it on the news, is there really a bit where Rogan says slowly "sooo... you want us.... to assassinate the president?" and Franco goes WOOOOOAAAAHHH in a retarded way?

I'm sorry, but that is hosed. How is that comedy? It's like LAUGH HERE NOW

and then they discussed how a 7.62 NATO round would be best to get through kim jong un's thickened parietal lobe, and that asian doctor dude from the hangover popped through and told them that kim jong un's helicopter took off from a place right by where they worked (asking what the range is on an RPG). michael cera has a cameo where he says "i agree, let's slay the worthless gook"

The Grapist
Mar 12, 2003

All in all I think I had a pretty normal childhood.

John Denver Hoxha posted:

and then they discussed how a 7.62 NATO round would be best to get through kim jong un's thickened parietal lobe, and that asian doctor dude from the hangover popped through and told them that kim jong un's helicopter took off from a place right by where they worked (asking what the range is on an RPG). michael cera has a cameo where he says "i agree, let's slay the worthless gook"

It was also really weird how in that one scene where Seth Rogan drops Kim Jong Eun's ring into Mount Doom, the role of Kimberly was played by Kevin Federline.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

thathonkey posted:

Dont be fooled by the idiots itt the interview is just a really bad movie it isnt worth your time at all. Like... Way worse than pineapple express somehow. Just lazy jokes and bad writing/acting/plotting the whole time and the moments where they (try to) ape Inglorious Basterds are by far the most embarassing.

this isn't a unique or mind blowing or original opinion among goons but it's consistently the most wrong, like fundamentally hosed up. from assumptions like pineapple express being bad (it's good) to everything else he wrote, he manages to say the same dumb thing every retard who hates seth rogen or james franco is going to say. it's like these people haven't figured out they don't have to watch movies they know they won't like.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hemophilia posted:

this isn't a unique or mind blowing or original opinion among goons but it's consistently the most wrong, like fundamentally hosed up. from assumptions like pineapple express being bad (it's good) to everything else he wrote, he manages to say the same dumb thing every retard who hates seth rogen or james franco is going to say. it's like these people haven't figured out they don't have to watch movies they know they won't like.

no i dont like popular thing i am unique snowflake

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

HarlanHell posted:

No sorry. Japanese interment camps are a huge black eye, but not even close to the rape of Nanking, or Nazi death camps. Do you really believe that less civilians would have died in the prolonged siege, and thousands of fire bombings that not dropping a nuke would have resulted in? WW2 was just about as close to a good vs evil war as you will ever find.

way fuckass long ago but actually the japanese were loving begging for terms for a conditional surrender (mainly keeping the emperor who in reality was a worthless piece of poo poo but divine right of kings and all that) whereas the US could only settle for unconditional surrender. later we let them keep their emperor :laffo:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Dr. Killjoy posted:

way fuckass long ago but actually the japanese were loving begging for terms for a conditional surrender (mainly keeping the emperor who in reality was a worthless piece of poo poo but divine right of kings and all that) whereas the US could only settle for unconditional surrender. later we let them keep their emperor :laffo:

we should've offered them a conditional surrender with the one condition being we get to test a nuke on their emperor

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That gal in the movie has bomb titties if you watched Tru Blood.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

no i dont like popular thing i am unique snowflake

those movies youre defending are only popular amongst idiots hth

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thathonkey posted:

those movies youre defending are only popular amongst idiots hth
this is a cool and unique opinion plz tell me more about popular culture

Universe Master